• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
In that logic, it would make no difference for me to trade with someone from Holland or from US/Canada/NZ/Australia, because these Pokémon games are all released in English. Now, I'm not an expert, because I'm just getting back into Pokémon, but that doesn't make sense.

I do agree it's better to try for other languages, though, just to be sure, like Dangertrout expressed.

Other question: I'm getting White 2 (and my Nintendo DS Lite hopefully) tomorrow. It's been a while since I've played Pokémon, FireRed and Ruby were the latest. As days grow more and more boring now winter is approaching, I figured I'd pick up this old hobby of mine again. Now, I absolutely loved Typhlosion. So much I almost convinced my mother to paint my dog as one, almost. Anyway, is it possible to try a WiFi trade right from the start of White 2 to get a Cyndaquil or is this only possible later on?

What would you guys do anyway? Beat the game with the Poke's accessible in-game before trading or trade away right away? I guess I already answered that one, but I really, really want that Typhlosion. It's such a boss.

Languages seems to work. I've had US Pokémon in British games and they don't get the 1.7x bonus in experience just the 1.5x bonus like if I traded with another UK game.

As for Cyndaquil, you can't trade until after the first Gym, but having played games, Both with no trades allowed, and with a trade for a party. It's easier with traded Pokémon, but then I did was also against the clock on the few occasions I did do that.

One final thing, if you still have FireRed and/or Ruby, you'll need one of the 4th gen games completed before you can bring the Pokémon to your game.

Jeppo

Thanks. Languages, it is. Not too sure whether it is odd or simply logical, but hey, that's the way it is.

Secondly, I don't want the game to be easier or anything, I just want that Typhlosion, but I think I'll try with in-game Poke's only at first and trade a Cyndaquil after I finished the Elite Four. I'd probably try to get Turtwig aswell, as third "starter", because I'm way too much of a perfectionist in things like that, and then I'd restrict myself with two Pokeslots less.

I could box the starter I'd chose in White 2 and act as if I chose Cyndaquil as my starter, but something doesn't feel right when I box my original starter, unless I've finished the game.

Okay, far too off-topic. Never mind. :)

few questions

1) where do I find TM Flamethrower and Thunder Fang

2) where is the move deleter

3) when is the EARLIEST time I can catch Pansear? (hopefully before Elite 4)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
HOLY KRAP!!! HOLY KRAP!!! I just found a Lopunny in the wild!! HOLY KRAP!!! I was training my Zubat, hoping to find an Audino when THIS happens. I know this isn't technically a question for this post but what should I do?!! Should I catch it or defeat it so that my Zubat could level up for the Castelia gym?

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
HOLY KRAP!!! HOLY KRAP!!! I just found a Lopunny in the wild!! HOLY KRAP!!! I was training my Zubat, hoping to find an Audino when THIS happens. I know this isn't technically a question for this post but what should I do?!! Should I catch it or defeat it so that my Zubat could level up for the Castelia gym?

Uhhh that's up to you, depending on how underlevelled Zubat is. Keep in mind that Lopunny gives out around half the experience Audino does. You could probably just catch it since it's rate (5% chance in shaking grass) then go Audino hunting to level up Zubat (90% chance in shaking grass). It's up to you though.

johnyboy169

Dragon Master
im trying to breed togepi and ditto, ive walked around for ages now and still no egg :/ any advice?

gamer_legend

im trying to breed togepi and ditto, ive walked around for ages now and still no egg :/ any advice?

Aside from obtaining the Oval Charm you just need to be patient. Of course if you were to obtain another Togepi (or Pokemon from it's egg group) it might help speed the breeding process.

koolaidman594

(>^__^)> <(^__^<)
ok, so i am new to the forums:) (no longer a lurker) and i have a question regarding the masuda method. i recently acquired a completely legit metagross from japan/korea/idk the flag and language was different from pokecheck (yes, hate me if you want, but it is a useful tool and i normally use it to obtain and breed dream world pokemon.) but anyway, i legality checked it and it was completely legit, but when i tried to breed it with my adamant metagross with everstone, (because B2/W2 were so kind) the day-care man says "the two prefer to play with other pokemon rather than each other." i was just curious as to why this is because everything i have is legit, and also the pokecheck'ed metagross will breed with a ditto, but will the masuda method still work? thank you for the help:)

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
ok, so i am new to the forums:) (no longer a lurker) and i have a question regarding the masuda method. i recently acquired a completely legit metagross from japan/korea/idk the flag and language was different from pokecheck (yes, hate me if you want, but it is a useful tool and i normally use it to obtain and breed dream world pokemon.) but anyway, i legality checked it and it was completely legit, but when i tried to breed it with my adamant metagross with everstone, (because B2/W2 were so kind) the day-care man says "the two prefer to play with other pokemon rather than each other." i was just curious as to why this is because everything i have is legit, and also the pokecheck'ed metagross will breed with a ditto, but will the masuda method still work? thank you for the help:)

Metagross can only breed with Ditto because it is genderless. But as long as the two parents are of different languages from each other (i.e. Japanese Metagross and an English Ditto), the Masuda Method will apply.

Jomon

Hello to everyone, i have an answer.
Can Zekrom/Reshiram appear in the Dragon Spiral Tower as shiny even if N's Zekrom/Reshiram isn't shiny? And is the same thing with Kyurem and Ghechis?
Sorry if i don't have explain it correctly, i'm Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.