• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer_legend

I'm afraid not buddy. Zekrom has the shiny check on it in all versions of Black and it's sequel. The good news is you can catch shiny Kyurem in the great chasm after ghetsis is defeated.

johnyboy169

Dragon Master
Is there any quicker way (except the Pokemon day care) to train up my Togekiss?, i have done all the trainer re-battles for the day, is there anything else i can do?

Dangertrout

Is there any quicker way (except the Pokemon day care) to train up my Togekiss?, i have done all the trainer re-battles for the day, is there anything else i can do?

audino grinding, join avenue shops if they're high enough level, rare candies and dream world (when your pokemon has a heart above it's head in the DW, it has gained a level)

If you don't have one already, I'd get a pokemon with the pickup ability to around level 50 to collect extra rare candies after battles.

johnyboy169

Dragon Master
okay thanks for your reply, is there any other in-game ways to train up pokemon with out rare candy?

Last edited:

gamer_legend

okay thanks for your reply, is there any other in-game ways to train up pokemon with out rare candy?

We'll. Of the top of my head as Dangertrout said Audino grinding is one (It helps if you use repel in the area you're grinding so that no other wild pokemon get in the way), The Lucky Egg (50% Boost to EXP) really can't go wrong & generally just battling stronger pokemon because the EXP in Gen V makes it so the higher the level of your opponent the higher you gain in EXP and while most wouldn't reccomend it you can always defeat some legendaries (especially since they all reappear after being beaten).

Jeppo

I'm at Castelia City Garden at the moment, catching an Eevee. I want to evolve it into an Umbreon, because it's one of my favorites and I like a bit of strategy. However, catching it at level 18 would mean it doesn't learn Confuse Ray as Umbreon. Can I still reteach it at the lad who makes Pokémon remember moves even when they technically haven't learned that move?

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
I'm at Castelia City Garden at the moment, catching an Eevee. I want to evolve it into an Umbreon, because it's one of my favorites and I like a bit of strategy. However, catching it at level 18 would mean it doesn't learn Confuse Ray as Umbreon. Can I still reteach it at the lad who makes Pokémon remember moves even when they technically haven't learned that move?

Yes, the move relearner can teach any move that a Pokémon learns through level up as long as it is at or above the level it learns the move.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Abuse the Breeders who appear at the Sports Domes for Rare Candies and Exp.

Rakurai

I personally hunt down the breeders in the White Treehollow, since they give me around 70K to 100K of EXP per battle with a Lucky Egg and EXP +++ power active.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
I have defeated the champion, and received other funfest missions from various characters. Why, then, when I go to the Entree, I'm not allowed to "Accept a Funfest Mission" ? It's grayed out and I can't select it

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I have defeated the champion, and received other funfest missions from various characters. Why, then, when I go to the Entree, I'm not allowed to "Accept a Funfest Mission" ? It's grayed out and I can't select it
I think that's for local Wireless stuff, like if someone wants to do a Funfest Mission with you.

Rakurai

Did you not complete the tutorial the old man gives you?

That's the only reason I can imagine for it being greyed out.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
On the topic of Funfest Missions, is there a known way that the Entree levels up? It feels a bit random to me, though I'd assume there must be some way to know.

Rakurai

It's based off of how high your score in a mission is.

There's a certain score threshold where you're guaranteed to gain a level once you reach it, and earning additional points past that creates a chance to earn multiple levels.

The best mission to do is Find Lost Items, as you can easily get 35 points by scouring Castelia City, Nimbasa City, and some other area of your choosing, which is far higher then what you can get from other missions.

koolaidman594

(>^__^)> <(^__^<)
thank you very much! also, do you know how stab/gems/technician applies? this question has been bugging me for a while, say i have a scyther with technician, it gets stab acrobatics, but the base power is still 55 so it gets the technician boost, but what if i wasnt holding an item, the power is essentially 110, but because the labeled base power is 55 would i then get the boost on the 110 on top of stab? and if i had a flying gem on it? is that consumed and then the power is doubled? because the flavor text states that its the damage that is doubled, not the base power, would it wait for only when the damage is being calculated to do the final doubling so basically youd be using an attack with 371.25 power after stab

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It's based off of how high your score in a mission is.

There's a certain score threshold where you're guaranteed to gain a level once you reach it, and earning additional points past that creates a chance to earn multiple levels.

The best mission to do is Find Lost Items, as you can easily get 35 points by scouring Castelia City, Nimbasa City, and some other area of your choosing, which is far higher then what you can get from other missions.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks! But does it matter what level the mission is being done in?

Rakurai

thank you very much! also, do you know how stab/gems/technician applies? this question has been bugging me for a while, say i have a scyther with technician, it gets stab acrobatics, but the base power is still 55 so it gets the technician boost, but what if i wasnt holding an item, the power is essentially 110, but because the labeled base power is 55 would i then get the boost on the 110 on top of stab? and if i had a flying gem on it? is that consumed and then the power is doubled? because the flavor text states that its the damage that is doubled, not the base power, would it wait for only when the damage is being calculated to do the final doubling so basically youd be using an attack with 371.25 power after stab

All moves that state that they have their power increase under certain circumstances are doubling the move's base power, not the damage dealt, thus Technician will no longer effect them once that occurs.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks! But does it matter what level the mission is being done in?

As far as I've noticed, no. Doesn't hurt to do the higher level ones for extra pass orb gain if it's possible, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.