• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

It'll just come back once you defeat the Elite Four, as all of the other legendaries will.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Speaking of that "IV-order characteristic" thing, does anyone know why my Tentacruel's characteristic is "often dozes off" even though its maximum IV isn't HP?

Rakurai

You sure it doesn't have two IVs with identical values?

It is I-

HoagiethePokeBreeder

Poke’veteran
Hey, this might sound like an odd question because the answer is on Serebii.net in the TM's section, but I have looked for TM 30 - Shadow Ball several times in Reversal Mountain and have not been able to find it. I have done the Dowsing and everything, and still am not able to find it. Could somebody point me in the right direction please?

Rakurai

It's behind the left side of the Strange House.

It's positioned in such a fashion that you can't actually see it from the position you can pick it up from, however; the ledge overlooking the house serving solely to provide a vantage point that allows you tell that it's there.

Last edited:

koolaidman594

(>^__^)> <(^__^<)
for EV training, can the stat-up items such as protein only be used for the first 100 EVs? i was Speed EV-trainig my litwick, (i forgot to infect it with pokerus) and i was 41 basculin in, so the EVs i had acquired was 81 in speed, so i bought 10 carbos but it would only let me use two on my litwick, im not sure what happened. :(

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
for EV training, can the stat-up items such as protein only be used for the first 100 EVs? i was Speed EV-trainig my litwick, (i forgot to infect it with pokerus) and i was 41 basculin in, so the EVs i had acquired was 81 in speed, so i bought 10 carbos but it would only let me use two on my litwick, im not sure what happened. :(

You are correct. Vitamins will only work up to 100. The fastest way to EV train is to use 10 vitamins and then finish off normally.

koolaidman594

(>^__^)> <(^__^<)
You are correct. Vitamins will only work up to 100. The fastest way to EV train is to use 10 vitamins and then finish off normally.
ahhh ok that makes sense, so do you have any places youd suggest for B/W2 Sp. Attack EV training? the best i can come up with so far is golducks at village bridge but thats only 35% encounter rate ):

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
ahhh ok that makes sense, so do you have any places youd suggest for B/W2 Sp. Attack EV training? the best i can come up with so far is golducks at village bridge but thats only 35% encounter rate ):
Celestial Tower 1F has Litwick 100% of the time. Also, your Litwick would have 82 EVs in Speed after 41 Basculin, not 81.

Rakurai

Alternatively, you can max out some dojos and cafes at the Join Avenue, which can let you do all of your EV training in a few minutes with no battles and minimal spending (Assuming you have all of the discounts active).

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Alternatively, you can max out some dojos and cafes at the Join Avenue, which can let you do all of your EV training in a few minutes with no battles and minimal spending (Assuming you have all of the discounts active).

Would you recommend, say, four Dojos and four Cafes for this (give or take a few, depending on the needed stats, as long as the two add up to eight)? It would seem like the maximum EV gain for me.

Rakurai

The ideal setup is three Dojos (From Black, Black 2, and White 2) and two cafes (From Black and White), as this grants you the full variety of EV boosting services.

The two cafes allow you to gain a total of 88 EVs in any stat, at which point you'll only need one of the 64 EV training programs from one of the Dojos to hit the max of 252 EVs in a stat, assuming you used vitamins beforehand.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
The ideal setup is three Dojos (From Black, Black 2, and White 2) and two cafes (From Black and White), as this grants you the full variety of EV boosting services.

The two cafes allow you to gain a total of 88 EVs in any stat, at which point you'll only need one of the 64 EV training programs from one of the Dojos to hit the max of 252 EVs in a stat, assuming you used vitamins beforehand.

Hmm... so Black and Black 2 do get the better Join Avenue shops (in terms of stat boosting goes).

If your Pokémon has 251 EV's in Speed, and you buy a Speed Lv. 8 for it, will the training still be done?

R_N

Hmm... so Black and Black 2 do get the better Join Avenue shops (in terms of stat boosting goes).

If your Pokémon has 251 EV's in Speed, and you buy a Speed Lv. 8 for it, will the training still be done?

Judging by the guy who gave 2 vitamins to his Pokemon with 82 EVs, I'm guessing yes and it will just cap off at 255

Rakurai

The Join Avenue services actually top off at 252 points, so as to prevent any EVs from going to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.