• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you use pokemon black2 to battle someone with pokemon black?

or platinum

I think only 5th gen games can connect with 5th gen games battle-wise

ryoverde

I think only 5th gen games can connect with 5th gen games battle-wise

Agree. Have been able to go back as far as B/W(1) w B2/W2 but no further. I think, er, the "jump" in Pokemon progression (by which I mean having to perform the move-up with DS Download) is meant by Nintendo to, ah, warn(?) (give an idea?) that back-compatibility stops. Just my own thought on the subject tho.

ryoverde (forum ID)

Aipom626

Hey, I have a question about the Yancy subquest.

I had Yancy registered in my Xtransceiver, it said to call 50 times. But the second time I called, I hit Good-Bye & now it's not showing her number in my Xtransceiver!

Is that normal or this there something I have to do to get it back?

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
can you use pokemon black2 to battle someone with pokemon black?

or platinum

Yes for B2/W2 - B/W connection

No for B2/W2 - Pt connection

Rakurai

Hey, I have a question about the Yancy subquest.

I had Yancy registered in my Xtransceiver, it said to call 50 times. But the second time I called, I hit Good-Bye & now it's not showing her number in my Xtransceiver!

Is that normal or this there something I have to do to get it back?

You can only call her number once in a given area.

After that, you need to check other towns and routes until you find one you can call her from again.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
You can only call her number once in a given area.

After that, you need to check other towns and routes until you find one you can call her from again.

Actually, there are certain times that you can call her twice in a certain area AS LONG AS her name is still present in the Xtransceiver.
I was once able to call her twice while I was at Route 13.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Actually, there are certain times that you can call her twice in a certain area AS LONG AS her name is still present in the Xtransceiver.
I was once able to call her twice while I was at Route 13.

It happened to me too, in Nimbasa City I got lucky enough to call her 4 times in a row though I assumed at first it was a glitch.

Vecherom

Lavaridge Trainer
wasn't sure where to post this, so if I'm in the wrong spot please redirect me. I really would like to use a Cinccino, but can't decide if I should be using the Dream World ability (Skill Link) over one of it's other abilities, Technician.

Unredemption

wasn't sure where to post this, so if I'm in the wrong spot please redirect me. I really would like to use a Cinccino, but can't decide if I should be using the Dream World ability (Skill Link) over one of it's other abilities, Technician.

Skill Link guarantees a base power of 125 for Rock Blast, Bullet Seed and Tail Slap. Add STAB to Tail Slap and you get a whopping 187.5. Technician, on the other hand, provides a maximum base power of 90 (before STAB) assuming your entire moveset is catered to make the best out of it.

Unless you're after the secondary effects of the <60 base power moves, Skill Link is definitely the better choice.

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
If a friend traded me their Landorus and I changed it to its Therian forme and I traded it back, would it stay in that forme? I know that it can only be in that forme in BW2, of course.

Rakurai

Skill Link guarantees a base power of 125 for Rock Blast, Bullet Seed and Tail Slap. Add STAB to Tail Slap and you get a whopping 187.5. Technician, on the other hand, provides a maximum base power of 90 (before STAB) assuming your entire moveset is catered to make the best out of it.

Unless you're after the secondary effects of the <60 base power moves, Skill Link is definitely the better choice.

Actually, Technician can be better then Skill Link at times. It's just a question of whether or not you'd rather have reliable damage versus inconsistent, but potentially much higher damage.

Tail Slap's maximum power with Technician is 281, with the other multi-hitters maxing at 187.

Last edited:

ryoverde

Light Ball?

Another silly question, pardon for silliness and/or wrong thread: Where's the Light Ball??? I think I missed it..

Thx!
ryoverde

Phantom Wolf DX

I have a question about Yancy/Curtis and the trades.

Do you need to have beaten the Elite Four before you can trade with Yancy and Curtis after the 51st call?

On Serebii and Bulbapedia (Curtis), it doesn't mention the need of beating the Elite Four for trading, however on Yancy's page on Bulbapedia it says, you need to have beaten the Elite Four.

Which makes me wonder, because I would like to obtain Pokémon as soon as possible, however, seeing as the C/Y Pokemon aren't (new) Unova PokeDex onces. It would seem odd.

Phoenix6000

An Alternate Reality
I have a question about Yancy/Curtis and the trades.

Do you need to have beaten the Elite Four before you can trade with Yancy and Curtis after the 51st call?

On Serebii and Bulbapedia (Curtis), it doesn't mention the need of beating the Elite Four for trading, however on Yancy's page on Bulbapedia it says, you need to have beaten the Elite Four.

Which makes me wonder, because I would like to obtain Pokémon as soon as possible, however, seeing as the C/Y Pokemon aren't (new) Unova PokeDex onces. It would seem odd.

You must defeat the Elite 4 before Yancy/Curtis will trade with you.

Last edited:

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Can you send keys for challenge mode over wi-fi? I want to restart Black 2 on challenge mode, so if I restart the game, get my starter then save can I get someone to unlock challenge mode for me? I want to have a challenge because I found it easy even when I didn't use revives.

Rakurai

The keys can only be transferred via infrared connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.