• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreaterLucario

Hey, I've got a question: If a Togekiss with the ability Serene Grace uses Tri Attack, does that mean it'll have a 20% chance TOTAL to inflict one of these three conditions: Paralyze, Freeze, Burn; or does it have a 20% chance for each condition (60% chance total to inflict a status condition)?

Chimecho3000

Hey, I've got a question: If a Togekiss with the ability Serene Grace uses Tri Attack, does that mean it'll have a 20% chance TOTAL to inflict one of these three conditions: Paralyze, Freeze, Burn; or does it have a 20% chance for each condition (60% chance total to inflict a status condition)?

The first one. However Tri-Attack has a default 20% chance, not 10%. So with Serene Grace, it gets a 40% chance of inflicting a condition.

Zachmac

Thanks, that helps a lot buddy.

I actually took my Volcarona to the Salon and tried to delete all SPD EVs and Janus said that it was already friendly and did squat :S
Try giving it some bitter medicine. That should help it's happiness go down.

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
So I'm going for a complete pokedex, after finally having a solid incentive to complete it (the oval & shiny charm). I'm even going for all the forms and everything. But there's limited box space.

I did the math and I'll only have 23 slots open to do all the MM and IV breeding I want. I realize I could just keep releasing the ones that don't have stats to my liking, and the non-shiny ones, but it just seems like less than a full box won't really give much breathing room to do all that I want.

I've got both Black & White, but that was a mistake because in retrospect those games really aren't all that great. I do however really enjoy Black 2, so I'm contemplating purchasing White 2 because I know I'll enjoy it.

On the one hand, I'll have extra box space, among other benefits (SRing for shiny Latias, double wifi events, etc.), but on the other I'd be paying $35 for this desired box space and the benefits are sort of minor.

What are your guys' thoughts on this? What do you think would be the best way to go about this situation?

Chase23

So I'm going for a complete pokedex, after finally having a solid incentive to complete it (the oval & shiny charm). I'm even going for all the forms and everything. But there's limited box space.

I did the math and I'll only have 23 slots open to do all the MM and IV breeding I want. I realize I could just keep releasing the ones that don't have stats to my liking, and the non-shiny ones, but it just seems like less than a full box won't really give much breathing room to do all that I want.

I've got both Black & White, but that was a mistake because in retrospect those games really aren't all that great. I do however really enjoy Black 2, so I'm contemplating purchasing White 2 because I know I'll enjoy it.

On the one hand, I'll have extra box space, among other benefits (SRing for shiny Latias, double wifi events, etc.), but on the other I'd be paying $35 for this desired box space and the benefits are sort of minor.

What are your guys' thoughts on this? What do you think would be the best way to go about this situation?

I've done a similar thing and only have one box spare. I do a lot of breeding, but it's not hard to get by. Just release everything you don't need, and anything you want to keep, trade over to black/white if you have box space there. It can work.

Saying that, I've got W2 aswell, looking forward to playing through again. If you can afford it, and you'll enjoy it, then why not?

release everything you don't need.

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
Well now White 2 is $15 for President's Day weekend, this is even more tempting. Though I can just use one of the my other games. And since I got two opposing opinions on here, lol.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
Well now White 2 is $15 for President's Day weekend, this is even more tempting. Though I can just use one of the my other games. And since I got two opposing opinions on here, lol.

yeah i saw that...i'm considering getting the other version since it's so cheap...15 bucks for a new pokemon game is a good deal...

Barrabás

So, it Watchog's EV yield for B/W2 one Attack point or two? I cannot find reliable sources that agree on this.

Thanks.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So, it Watchog's EV yield for B/W2 one Attack point or two? I cannot find reliable sources that agree on this.

Thanks.

The main site says two, this data is always pulled directly from the game. I see no reason to believe it's not true.

Phantom Wolf DX

I've got a few questions about the trades with Curtis and Yancy.
I was able to trade my first Pokémon with Curtis today and it was a Mankey.

- If I understood things right, you can only get one Pokémon a day. Is this correct?

- Do the trades rotate, in the sence of (with Curtis) 1st day: Mankey, 2nd day: Wobbuffet, 3rd Day: Ralts et cetera?
- Or was is just a coïncidence that I got Mankey for my first day?
- Does this also mean that I have to wait 12days for my second Mankey, or is there a way to change the Pokemon Curtis/Yancy wants to trade?

Thanks in advance

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.
I'm not sure if I'm posting at the right place...so forgive me if I did.

Anyways I have a DWF Abra. The thing is, I got it from a trade and it's nature is "Lonely", which is a very terrible nature for an Abra. That's why I want to breed more DWF Abras. But since you can't access the Daycare if you haven't beaten the Pokemon League, I'm stuck with a Physical-natured Abra.

So...can anyone help me with breeding this Abra? I need a Timid/Modest. Gender doesn't matter, and obviously, it should have inherited it's mom's ability

I'm gonna trade you my Abra, then you can breed it until you get a Timid/Modest Abra.

I know it's kind of lazy for me (I could just beat the E4 and then this will be done) but I can't complete my team without this lil' Abra. Thanks in advanced.

And for your time....ummm...I guess you can get to have a DW Abra egg for yourself? Hehe. I have other DW Pokemon, but not females, if you're interested

Fenror

Pokemon DJ
I've got a few questions about the trades with Curtis and Yancy.
I was able to trade my first Pokémon with Curtis today and it was a Mankey.

- If I understood things right, you can only get one Pokémon a day. Is this correct?

- Do the trades rotate, in the sence of (with Curtis) 1st day: Mankey, 2nd day: Wobbuffet, 3rd Day: Ralts et cetera?
- Or was is just a coïncidence that I got Mankey for my first day?
- Does this also mean that I have to wait 12days for my second Mankey, or is there a way to change the Pokemon Curtis/Yancy wants to trade?

Thanks in advance

From what I understand, you get the pokemon in a specific order, which can be found here: http://serebii.net/black2white2/ingametrade.shtml towards the bottom of the page. As far as I know, you cannot get another Mankey, and must breed to get another, and you cannot change the order of the pokemon Curtis/Yancy wants to trade.

xSynfuLx

Hey I'm new here. I'm just looking for someone who may have a spare squirtle, bulbasaur and charmander laying around. I had the orginal pokemon back when it was first released. Pokemon red. I haven't played in years and just picked up a Nintendo 3DS with black 2. It's a good game tho I miss my classics. So if anyone could help me out I'd totally appreciate it. Also a pickachu would be dope. if you have any message me and I'll give you my friend code and we can do it up! Thanks again for your time!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hey I'm new here. I'm just looking for someone who may have a spare squirtle, bulbasaur and charmander laying around. I had the orginal pokemon back when it was first released. Pokemon red. I haven't played in years and just picked up a Nintendo 3DS with black 2. It's a good game tho I miss my classics. So if anyone could help me out I'd totally appreciate it. Also a pickachu would be dope. if you have any message me and I'll give you my friend code and we can do it up! Thanks again for your time!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?220-Trade-Forum
Try here

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
I can't find any of N's Pokemon. I keep reading that there's a cutscene I need to watch of him releasing his POkemon in Chargestone Cave but I don't see one. As soon as I memory linked I went to the place in Driftveil and saw Zoroark and I saw a cutscene of him talking to himself in the house but that's all. Does this mean his POkemon are already out there in the wild? Am I missing something?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I can't find any of N's Pokemon. I keep reading that there's a cutscene I need to watch of him releasing his POkemon in Chargestone Cave but I don't see one. As soon as I memory linked I went to the place in Driftveil and saw Zoroark and I saw a cutscene of him talking to himself in the house but that's all. Does this mean his POkemon are already out there in the wild? Am I missing something?

It's in the Pokemon Centre in Aspertia, or Floccesy. I can't remember which but it's very early. There's an NPC you talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.