• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptPonyholder

Well, I complete Pokemon: Black 2 a while ago. Trying to build my "perfect team". Haven't done this since Gold/Silver days. However I want to try my hand at EV/IV training and have NO clue on how to do that.

A few questions:
1.) If my pokemon is going to be Evolved, do I need to get the right IV/EV before it evolves? Does it's nature change? Does its IV/EV change randomly when it evolves?
2.) Do I need to kill only certain pokemon to reach level 100 to get the right EV/IV or can I just kill whatever I want?

This is the team I want to build:
Vulpix/Ninetales -FIRE (Female) -Firana
Eevee/Glaceon -ICE (Female) - Kiori
Lilligant -GRASS (Female) - Lilly
Chandelure -GHOST/FIRE (Male) - Mephisto/Faustus
Musharna -PSYCHIC (Female) - Nera
Meloetta -NORMAL/PSYCHIC/FIGHTING (Female) - Venia

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Hi! I just bought Pokémon Black 2 last week and started playing it last night. I have a question.

In Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2, do you have to beat the game in a certain amount of time so that Black City/White Forest is not empty, like it would be in Pokémon Black and White? If so, what is the time limit?

Thank you so much in advanced!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi! I just bought Pokémon Black 2 last week and started playing it last night. I have a question.

In Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2, do you have to beat the game in a certain amount of time so that Black City/White Forest is not empty, like it would be in Pokémon Black and White? If so, what is the time limit?

Thank you so much in advanced!

No, you do not.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
I was planning to do some RNGing but I need a Chatot with Chatter to do so. Where can I change the cry of a Chatot?

Saberu

Thank you so much!

That's actually not true, or at least not entirely true.

To get the maximum number of trainers, you have to beat the game in ten days or fewer. To make them stay, you need to talk to them and battle them at least almost every day.

It's kind of awful.

That said, my friend who took a very long time to finish the game had two trainers left, so maybe it wouldn't be empty.

Oh, I didn't notice that. Thank you for explaining it further.

Also, I'll send something of an EV guide to CaptPonyholder.

Last edited:

Chimecho3000

That's actually not true, or at least not entirely true.

To get the maximum number of trainers, you have to beat the game in ten days or fewer. To make them stay, you need to talk to them and battle them at least almost every day.

It's kind of awful.

That said, my friend who took a very long time to finish the game had two trainers left, so maybe it wouldn't be empty.

This is BW2, not BW.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
If I wee to SR for the Eevee/Deerling DW Pokémon, is it possible for them to be shiny?

Not sure about Eevee, but it is confirmed that the Deerling cannot be shiny, so I assume Eevee cannot shine either.

A few questions:
1.) If my pokemon is going to be Evolved, do I need to get the right IV/EV before it evolves? Does it's nature change? Does its IV/EV change randomly when it evolves?
2.) Do I need to kill only certain pokemon to reach level 100 to get the right EV/IV or can I just kill whatever I want?

1. No for EV, but you do need to get the right IV since the start, as IV is determined at the time you receive the Pokemon (if eggs/gift) or when you encounter it (in battle). IV can't be changed, but you can change EV by using the EV-resetting berries or the EV-resetting service in Join Avenue.
2. you need to kill only certain Pokemon until your EV is fully filled. After that, you are free to kill anything.

I was planning to do some RNGing but I need a Chatot with Chatter to do so. Where can I change the cry of a Chatot?

Open the menu, check your team, select Chatot, you'll see the option for Chatter. Basically, the same as when you want to use Fly outside battle.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
hey guys, quick question about the keys you unlock in black 2, when you lend them to someone, do you lose them?

No, you don't :)

lorcan4

I have 2 question about breeding
1. how do i breed a ditto i tried having 2 ditto in day care but nothing happens do i need to wait or there no chance to have a ditto egg?
2. if i have a ditto with a hidden ability and breed it to any pokemon with normal ability do i have a chance to have a pokemon with a hidden ability?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I have 2 question about breeding
1. how do i breed a ditto i tried having 2 ditto in day care but nothing happens do i need to wait or there no chance to have a ditto egg?
2. if i have a ditto with a hidden ability and breed it to any pokemon with normal ability do i have a chance to have a pokemon with a hidden ability?

1. Ditto can't breed ;)

2. No. Breeding with Ditto completely removes the chance that the offspring will have hidden ability, regardless of whether the Ditto or its breeding partner has hidden ability or not.

lorcan4

is there a legit way to have a ditto level 1?
and a question about breeding shiny pokemon if you breed your Pokémon with a Pokémon from another language game, the chances of the Pokémon being alternate coloured is increased fourfold to 1 in 1024. plus a have shiny medal or key chain that you get when i completed my national pokedex i have a region 1 or English version so if i breed any of my pokemon to a Japanese ditto pokemon that i have is the effect still 1 in 1024. or will it be reset because it is a ditto?

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
is there a legit way to have a ditto level 1?

nope

and a question about breeding shiny pokemon if you breed your Pokémon with a Pokémon from another language game, the chances of the Pokémon being alternate coloured is increased fourfold to 1 in 1024. plus a have shiny medal or key chain that you get when i completed my national pokedex i have a region 1 or English version so if i breed any of my pokemon to a Japanese ditto pokemon that i have is the effect still 1 in 1024. or will it be reset because it is a ditto?

MM works with Ditto, so yes, it would still be 1/1024.

Tenilius

If the Cobalion/Virizion/Terrakion encountered aren't shiny at Lv45, can they be shiny if I knock them out and SR for them when they are at Lv65 after beating Iris?
Unsure if the pokemon is generated again or if it is the same exact one 20 levels higher.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
If the Cobalion/Virizion/Terrakion encountered aren't shiny at Lv45, can they be shiny if I knock them out and SR for them when they are at Lv65 after beating Iris?
Unsure if the pokemon is generated again or if it is the same exact one 20 levels higher.

It's generated again, so you can SR it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm in the middle of battling level 45 Cobalion, but I'm not sure if I should catch it. Do I need Cobalion, Terrakion, & Virizion in my party in order to change Keldeo into its Resolute form?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'm in the middle of battling level 45 Cobalion, but I'm not sure if I should catch it. Do I need Cobalion, Terrakion, & Virizion in my party in order to change Keldeo into its Resolute form?

In B2/W2? No, you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.