• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black 2 & White 2 Help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Combover

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I just want to know: Is there any way to receive a C-Gear skin for a promotion that I missed? Specifically, the Kyurem skins. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I hope this is the right forum, but i need help figuring out the right individual value for a trapinch in White 2. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Meowth City

Staff member
Hi guys! I'm confused about something on my White 2 game. I have passed by a lot of people and connected to my other versions several times even with the c-gear showing the blue dots in the middle rectangle and yet my trainer card on both my White 2 and Black 2 game always says that I passed by 0 people. I can't imagine what's wrong. Is it because I'm connecting one of my games on a 3DS to a DS Lite or is anyone else having this problem?
In order for any passerbys to be counted towards your total, you actually need to tap the section labelled CONNECTED on the C-Gear, where you see the dots appear, and wait until the other player or players to appear on the bottom screen for it to be registered. I found out from experience that merely having the C-Gear on while other players pass you by does not increase your total.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I just want to know: Is there any way to receive a C-Gear skin for a promotion that I missed? Specifically, the Kyurem skins. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sadly no.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
In order for any passerbys to be counted towards your total, you actually need to tap the section labelled CONNECTED on the C-Gear, where you see the dots appear, and wait until the other player or players to appear on the bottom screen for it to be registered. I found out from experience that merely having the C-Gear on while other players pass you by does not increase your total.

That's strange, I've traded between White and White 2 with IR (thus needing to use the C-Gear), and I got registered by simply having both DSs open with the C-Gear on, no trading or interacting at all.

ChewierBread

Hey I am new and I was wondering about breeding! I want to get a Pickachu that knows Volt Tackle and has the ability Lightning Rod. I have a female Pickachu with a Light ball and the ability Lightning Rod and a male Pickachu with the ability Lightning rod. I have breed about 20 Pichu and they all have Volt tackle but no Lightning Rod ability! whats going wrong?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Is there a way to prevent my Azurill from turning into a Male upon Evolution?
No, it's down to a Bug/oversight or its intentionally programmed that some Female Azuril will turn Male as a Maril. The only way to "fix" it is to get another Azuril.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Hey I am new and I was wondering about breeding! I want to get a Pickachu that knows Volt Tackle and has the ability Lightning Rod. I have a female Pickachu with a Light ball and the ability Lightning Rod and a male Pickachu with the ability Lightning rod. I have breed about 20 Pichu and they all have Volt tackle but no Lightning Rod ability! whats going wrong?

You appear to just be unlucky. A dream ability has a 20% chance of passing down if the female has it and you are not breeding with a ditto. You might also want to try switching the light ball to the male because I'm not sure, but that might have some effect on the dream ability passing down.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
Thank you so much!

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
I have a question about Memory Link. I never used it on my B2 or W2 not realizing how it works. But now I see that I need to use it to get Medals...so my question is, even though I've beaten the game, can I still use Memory Link somehow so I can get the Medals?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I have a question about Memory Link. I never used it on my B2 or W2 not realizing how it works. But now I see that I need to use it to get Medals...so my question is, even though I've beaten the game, can I still use Memory Link somehow so I can get the Medals?

Yes, you can use Memory Link at any time.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Yes, you can use Memory Link at any time.

Sorry I should have been more specific. I meant can I still see the memories?

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master

Lightey

Hey guys, I was hoping for some help with my WiFi connection on my 3DS with Black 2. When I first got the game, I played it on my DSi, and the connection worked fine (it's a WPA connection, which I know only works with recent games on the DSi/3DS). I've recently started playing all my games on my 3DS, but whenever I try to connect to the GTS or another online service, the connection goes full strength and then suddenly drops. This doesn't happen on my DSi, only my 3DS. I can't figure out why, since both are connected to the same WiFi network with the same settings. Any ideas guys? Thanks for the help. :)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hey guys, I was hoping for some help with my WiFi connection on my 3DS with Black 2. When I first got the game, I played it on my DSi, and the connection worked fine (it's a WPA connection, which I know only works with recent games on the DSi/3DS). I've recently started playing all my games on my 3DS, but whenever I try to connect to the GTS or another online service, the connection goes full strength and then suddenly drops. This doesn't happen on my DSi, only my 3DS. I can't figure out why, since both are connected to the same WiFi network with the same settings. Any ideas guys? Thanks for the help. :)

Did you look up what error you get?

slugs1923

This is a odd question but does anyone know a good way to get the right nature on a pokemon other that RNGing or synchronizing nature?

Status
Not open for further replies.