• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Kind of a long explanation then the question, but here goes:

I've been able to get on wifi with no problem till today. I went on GTS to check to see if my Zoroa had been traded. It hadn't, so I got it back.

When I tried to offer another Pokemon, I got kicked off the GTS and got this error code: 13275.

According to Nintendo's website: "There appears to be a problem with your Nintendo DS system. We recommend sending the system in for repair."

I tried to get back on GTS, and I did, but I had the same problem when I tried to offer a Pokemon. I tried this like 5 times before I gave up.

Sooooo.....what gives? Anyone else encounter this problem?

I know that Global Link is down for maintenance right now. Maybe B/W's GTS is too?

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
Is the way to tell if one of the legendary genies is near you or is it completely random and you don't know when it will show up?

Rakurai

Is the way to tell if one of the legendary genies is near you or is it completely random and you don't know when it will show up?

In White, it'll start raining heavily and flashes of lightning will light up the area periodically if it's on the route. In Black, it'll rain heavily, and a strong gale of wind will be blowing in the area.

Though the first thing you want to check the news report that's scrolling at one of the gates between routes to determine what part of the region the legend is roaming in. The weather reports come immediately after the date is shown, and far more characters are used to describe a route's weather as stormy, compared to the more common clear and rainy weather conditions, which only use two.

After that, just head to the mentioned route, then go back and forth between there and a neighboring route until it starts storming.

Last edited:

Rakurai

The WiFi just seems to be really temperamental when it comes to connecting to the Japanese servers. Sometimes it does it in a few seconds, other times a few minutes, and sometimes it just won't want to connect at all.

GameMaster0000

Chaos Nightmare
Are EV reducing berries in this game?

Also, can we find exact IV of pokemon in this Gen? On gen 4 I use wifi to make it auto level to 100 and then calculate IV. But this gen it doesn't have autolevel 100 any more.

Bobaboba

Where can one find the power weight?

zyonasan

Battle Subway, 16 BP for each.

speaking of the battle subway....

All I really want to do is start breeding, but I can't figure out how to get battle points to buy the power items. The only subway I can battle in is some sort of 2 VS 2 and all I want to do is solo it with my special sweeping Togekiss....

all of the other subways are either through wifi, restricted (for some reason) or send me to some small town on the outskirts of Isshu.

Are there even single battles in this game?

GameMaster0000

Chaos Nightmare
Green subway(right of entrance) is normal single and next one is super single.

Raszero

Importing White.
speaking of the battle subway....

All I really want to do is start breeding, but I can't figure out how to get battle points to buy the power items. The only subway I can battle in is some sort of 2 VS 2 and all I want to do is solo it with my special sweeping Togekiss....

all of the other subways are either through wifi, restricted (for some reason) or send me to some small town on the outskirts of Isshu.

Are there even single battles in this game?

Odd. I've only tried the Battle Subway once so far, and I only got single battle set to level 50. Was the subway right above the entrance, kept saying yes to the questions he asked and got singles

Eclipsed soul

Houndour Trainer
I tried to search through the thread for answer for this...but apparently it didn't like my keywords.

Is there anyway to find out if you maxed your EVs on a Pokémon as there has been in the previous games? With the lack of the counter, I've been having a hard time keeping track...

Are EV reducing berries in this game?

Also, can we find exact IV of pokemon in this Gen? On gen 4 I use wifi to make it auto level to 100 and then calculate IV. But this gen it doesn't have autolevel 100 any more.

I can't say I know the answer to the first question...

However, for the second, there are three methods I know off hand. All three...are rather monotonous. I'm hoping there may be another solution, as I really liked breeding for IVs, and seeing how it would take me about 2+ boxes full of pokémon in D/P on average to get a well rounded one; these other methods are...pathetically time consuming.

**Have a pokémon use pickup, and pray you get a lot of rare candies. Once you get about ~20 to 25, just save before you try them on a hatched pokémon. Input data in calculator, don't save, and reload game.

**Daycare. Daycare is like rare candies, putting pokémon in there gives them no EVs, so getting them up to 20-25 gives you a better idea of their IVs.

**Catch multiple wild Pokémon. Really only works with Pokémon 25+...and it means you can't get egg moves.

Es-Ypsilon

Pokemon Collector
The WiFi just seems to be really temperamental when it comes to connecting to the Japanese servers. Sometimes it does it in a few seconds, other times a few minutes, and sometimes it just won't want to connect at all.

my wifi always works fine and fast; just game sync usually takes up to a few minutes but i guess thats cause more data is uploaded/downloaded

zyonasan

Odd. I've only tried the Battle Subway once so far, and I only got single battle set to level 50. Was the subway right above the entrance, kept saying yes to the questions he asked and got singles

thx found it. seeing that you had to choose 3 pkmn to battle with I assumed it was triple battles or something.....

Some_Chick

Manectric Breeder
However, for the second, there are three methods I know off hand. All three...are rather monotonous. I'm hoping there may be another solution, as I really liked breeding for IVs, and seeing how it would take me about 2+ boxes full of pokémon in D/P on average to get a well rounded one; these other methods are...pathetically time consuming.

**Have a pokémon use pickup, and pray you get a lot of rare candies. Once you get about ~20 to 25, just save before you try them on a hatched pokémon. Input data in calculator, don't save, and reload game.

**Daycare. Daycare is like rare candies, putting pokémon in there gives them no EVs, so getting them up to 20-25 gives you a better idea of their IVs.

**Catch multiple wild Pokémon. Really only works with Pokémon 25+...and it means you can't get egg moves.

Personally i do well without such tools. I save, take my batch of babies i wish to test to a area with high level pokemon, slap a lucky egg/exp share on em and do battles until they're at a fixed level for testing. i record all the pokemon EVs they earn and put it into the IV calculator. it isnt EXACT until you get high lvl but at low lvls its accurate enough to know if the pokemon is good/bad/excellent.

and contrary to what you may think its actually pretty fast. for me anyway. and with new Dynamic leveling, you can get a lowbie REALLY up there if you pop a lucky egg on em then switch out on high lvl wilds. i got a baby psyduck to 74 in only about an hour of work.

and i'm almost positive theres an npc that will tell you if your pokemon's EVs are maxed. but if youre JUST EV training, you can always track points via PP. i calculate the total pokemon i need to kill to get the points i want ahead of time then track my numbers by my pokemon's PP on moves.

crude maybe. but they work.

Domiciwah

Hi, Please can somebody help me, I having this problem with the japanese pokemon website.

boot.gif

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Hi, Please can somebody help me, I having this problem with the japanese pokemon website.

boot.gif

What message? Just click that button to log-in. If you typed in the wrong password and it remembered the wrong password, then type in the correct one next to where your member id is to the right and sign in that way.

Where do I find the number?

Whenever you save a battle video it should appear

Sakrey

Caring Career

Well you don't need to attain lvl.100 to have a pretty good assessment of your pokémon IVs. Lvl.50 will already give you a nearly 100% accurate statement about them.
And, as a previous post said, there is in the Gear Station a Battle Subway that offers single battles against NPCs at a set level of 50 (the dark green lane; the one just above the entrance).
From there you will just need to input whatever helpful data into the IV calculator and it will be all good.

Domiciwah

What message? Just click that button to log-in. If you typed in the wrong password and it remembered the wrong password, then type in the correct one next to where your member id is to the right and sign in that way.

I'm trying to but everytime I do that it still goes to that name and id & its not mine. any ideas?

aha, it appears my works network would not let me login, i am at home now and logged in although I still cannot link it to my game to get the pikachu c gear

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.