1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

This handy post by yaminokame should answer your question.

It seriously needs to get stickied, IMO.

2. Louispierce

Louispierce Well-Known Member

i cant find anything in there about that picture i posted

3. Domiciwah

Domiciwah Well-Known Member

Type in a PGL nickname into the textbox in the red outline and then your Game Sync ID Code into the orange one. Once done then click the black button.

4. yaminokame

yaminokame やみのかめ

Okay, I've added that part of the process as well (if there's anything else missing please let me know):

[​IMG]

After you receive the C-Gear from Makomo, you can receive your Game Sync ID through the start menu. The menu should possibly look like follows:

Continue
    New Game
    Mystery Gift
    Battle Competition
    Game Sync Settings
    Wi-Fi Settings
    Microphone Test
    Use Transfer Machine

Choose ‘Game Sync Settings’ (above Wi-Fi settings) and your Game Sync ID Code will be displayed in a box on the top screen. When registering for PGL, use this code to register your game with your account.

[​IMG]
    When entering Global Link through http://www.pokemon-gl.com/ you will be required to sign-in using your Pokemon Daisuki Club account. Signing in/registering is at the bottom of the main screen.

When registering a new account, either press the orange new member registration button located in the bottom left of the main screen as seen above, or click here to skip to the member rules page. This should bring you to the following page where it will ask you to understand a little bit about the PGL and accept their terms of use. Just click the box and when the button turns from grey to orange; press it.

[​IMG]

Now you will be asked to type in your email, confirm your email by typing it in again, password, PGL nickname, gender, date of birth, location, whether you want the mail magazine or not and what type of format you would like the mail magazine to be in. Please keep in mind that your date of birth and gender can't be changed after you create your account. Below is an example of filling this section out:

[​IMG]

Next you will be asked to confirm that your information is correct so that you can finalize making your account. Your daisuki club ID should be sent to your registered email address so that you can login. When all your information is correct please press the orange button like in the image below:

[​IMG]

When signing in finally you will use the member ID you got through your email and your password:

[​IMG]

Once you return back to the main menu you will then be required to create a PGL Nickname (keep in mind that it does NOT have to be the same as your daisuki club name that you registered earlier) and then register your Game Sync ID (registering the Game Sync ID is NOT required at this time. If you skip it now then you can register your Game Sync ID later through your Profile Page). To find out where the Game Sync ID is, please see the above section "finding game sync id." The layout should look like this:

[​IMG]

Type in the information above, hit the black button to register and then you will be asked to confirm the registration information.

[​IMG]

Once logged in you have a few choices you can pick from. There will be 5 pokeballs that rotate when you click on them, they are; blue, orange, green, red and pink. Blue is the Pokemon Dream World, orange is your profile page, green is a mailing feature, red is customizing your game and pink is the Global Battle Union.

Pokemon Dream World (PDW) (Blue)
    [spoil](temporarily out of service)
    [/spoil]
    Profile Page (Orange)
    [spoil]
    [​IMG]
    Clicking on profile will bring you to a screen boxed into six sections with three section with three on the top and three on the bottom with two tabs separating the top from the bottom. Going in the order from left to right, the top sections are, profile section, software section, friend list section, status section, sleeping pokemon section, befriended pokemon section.

1) Profile Section
    There are two buttons at the top of this section called ‘Avatar Settings’ (1.1) and ‘Profile Settings’ (1.2) respectively. Avatar Settings allows you to change your avatar as shown in the left hand side of that section. Pressing ‘Profile Settings’ will bring you a popup window that gives you the choices Profile Privacy, Register Game Sync ID Code and Block List from top to bottom. Clicking on Profile Privacy allows you to change two privacy settings, from top to bottom you have profile privacy and game friend list privacy. To switch between the levels of security you have to switch the bottom options which from left to right are ‘show to all users,’ ‘show to friends,’ ‘don’t show.’ Choosing the second option will bring you to your Game Sync ID Code registration. Keep in mind that once you register a Game Sync ID with your account, you cannot change the registered ID later. Users are allowed to register a total of two Game Sync IDs, one for Black and one for White. Switching between two registered games happens here as well. Once you have put a Pokemon to sleep in your game, type in your Game Sync ID Code here for it to register with PGL. You are only allowed to register one Pokemon Black and one Pokemon White at max for one account.

2) Software Section
    This section tells you the game your playing and the details about it. Switching games is possible by clicking on Profile Settings on the profile section. From top to bottom this section displays your game, trainer name, play time and number of badges earned.

3) Friend List Section
    A list of your friends

4) Pokemon Dream World tab
    It will display sections 6, 7 and 8 on the bottom half of the screen.

5) Global Battle Union tab
    It will display sections 9, 10 and 11 on the bottom half of the screen.

6) Status Section
    Shows your status in the Pokemon Dream World (PDW). From top to bottom this section displays your number of dream points, sleep time, and a picture of what your home looks like.

7) Sleeping Pokemon Section
    This shows which Pokemon you currently have sleeping on your game.

8) Recently Befriended Pokemon Section
    This shows you which Pokemon you have befriended while using PDW for the selected game.

9) Battle Scores
    Tells you a summary of your battle record.

10) Competition History
    Tells you how well you have done in past tournaments held through GPL.

11) Favorite Battle Videos
    Type in the number for battle videos you like.
    [/spoil]
    Mail (Green)
    [spoil]
    [​IMG]
    Receive and send mail to people on your friend's list using this feature.
    [/spoil]
    Customize (Red)
    [spoil]
    [​IMG]
    Clicking this option will bring you to a page with three sections of possible customization. From top to bottom they are C-Gear Skins, Pokedex Skins, Musical Program. Click on the design of your choice in each section to change your ingame appearance. Effects take place next time you connect your game with Global Link. To accept changes, press the orange button at the bottom.
    [/spoil]
    Global Battle Union (GBU) (Pink)
    [spoil]
    [​IMG]
    At the bottom left of this section is the 'Ranking' feature, which is a record of how well you are doing when playing 'Ranking' Wi-Fi battles in your game. To the right of the ranking option is the 'Competition Information' button, which shows GPL competitions that have taken place and ones that are presently going on. By pressing the black 'Details' button on the right side of the screen, you can see a more detailed description of your battle results whether they be for Wi-Fi ranking single, double, triple, shooter or rotation battles.
    [/spoil]
    Ongoing Campaigns
    [spoil]
    [​IMG]
    You can see the list of current ongoing campaigns by pressing the orange campaign list button at the bottom right of the main screen. The current two campaigns are

1) Pikachu C-Gear Skin Campaign
    2) Pokemon Pia Kanto Starter Campaign

When you click on a campaign, you will be brought to another window that asks you to put in passwords to receive the prizes. The Pikachu C-Gear Skin Campaign password should be:

ゆめのせかい

so copy-paste that into the textbox and hit next to add it to the available C-Gear Skins on the customize page.
    [/spoil]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  5. zyonasan

zyonasan Well-Known Member

I think I may finally have the perfect team for the battle subway

Togekiss: Modest (serene grace)
    air slash
    aura sphere
    HP: Ice (out of luck)
    flamethrower

Starmie: Modest (natural cure)
    Surf
    Psychic
    Ice beam
    Thunderbolt

initially i only used togekiss and she is pretty awesome but here's the problems I come across:
    pokemon that have no motive other than to perform some ultra crazy blasting attack (afro bull). They are usually either faster than me (which is odd because togekiss has a 31 speed Iv) or they have that damned sturdy abilit...I'm getting really sick of sturdy.

ANYWAY,

I got destroyed by blissey later on, so I need a physical attacker. here's who i've got

Glalie
    super fang
    ice shard
    explosion
    crunch

Donphan
    earthquake
    ice shard
    fire fang
    stone egde

mamoswine
    earthquake
    ice fang
    ice shard
    stone edge

gyarados (who i wouldn't mind using but would add another electric weakness (x4!) to my team)
    waterfall
    icefang
    earthquake
    dragon dance

zangoose
    close combat
    ice punch
    return
    swords dance

...and a garchomp (lv 100). he doesn't have a definitive moveset. his IV's are crappy. it was for ingame so i'm not sure if he's the best choice. I'm simply not a fan of using pkmn that have X4 damage to moves because they can die on a moments notice.

I know I want togekiss and starmie, but who should be the last person for the team?

6. Pamizard

Pamizard Queen of Charizards!

OK im trying to get aroudn Giant Hall but i dunno where to go outside with all the patches of grass. I've been going around in circles trying to find out where to go. How do i get passed that part?

7. raz1337

raz1337 Miju Miju!

8. yaminokame

yaminokame やみのかめ

Try to get to the middle star in diagram B1F

[​IMG]

9. Copley Hill Gym

Copley Hill Gym Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can find the choice scarf in Hiun City?

10. yaminokame

yaminokame やみのかめ

The man at the second floor of the Pokemon Center in black will give it to you if you have traded 30+ pokemon.

11. GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000 Chaos Nightmare

Starmie: Modest (natural cure)
    Surf
    Psychic <- Maybe use Psycho Shock instead, it will hit Blissey hardly
    Ice beam
    Thunderbolt

12. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

@zyonasan
    Since Kiss & Starmie already gives you a huge Electric weak, IMO go with Donphan or Mamoswine.

13. iDatBoi

iDatBoi 3891 EGSS!!!!

Does anyone know/ mind sharing info on how to get a shiny starter, i was wondering if its like HG and SS but no one responded yet.

14. zyonasan

zyonasan Well-Known Member

Its very VERY tedious. I tried for about an hour or so in my Soul silver game but gave up after getting a cyndaquil with decent IV's

for this game when the gift box initially opens and you can shuffle through the three starters...if they are shiny then they will appear so on that screen. if they are not then you'll have to reset

15. iDatBoi

iDatBoi 3891 EGSS!!!!

thats what i was wondering i knew all the resetting and everything just didn't know if it was the same as HG SS where you can look at the sprites and not have to do that whole check stats thing like you do with charmander on FireRed. thanks for the info. ^ ^

16. Copley Hill Gym

Copley Hill Gym Well-Known Member

Thanks very much :)

Need to get trading then! Do we have a trading thread on Serebii yet? I'm not too keen on Gamefaqs as the threads seem to disappear quickly without a trace there.

17. GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000 Chaos Nightmare

Anyone get ribbon from her?

18. raz1337

raz1337 Miju Miju!

I read on some threads Google found that this girl actually doesn't exist. Any clarification?

Edit: I just talked to every NPC in Souryuu city with my 95 Emboar as the first in the party. I got no ribbons from anyone. A few of the NPC's asked to see some of my Pokemon, and I Chose Emboar, but did nothing noteworthy.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  19. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

No there isn't! I've been asking since I was wrongly sent Black instead of White, and my posts keep getting ignored.

20. Louispierce

Louispierce Well-Known Member

I have beaten the 7th gym and also went to the top of that tower place were you see N and Reshiram so I went to leave the city to go and train for the next gym but there are 2 Plasma Grunts blocking the way, how do you get them to move???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.