• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekorean

Cant register for Spring Friendly. cant confirm battle box pokemons.

EDIT: NM I had two Pokemons holding the same item. Think it solved it.

Last edited:

cabooseman

How do you pass DW abilities down when you breed?

I have a female Abra holding Everstone. I've must've hatched closer to 30 eggs and none had Magic Guard as the ability. Am I doing something wrong?

thekorean

You dont really need Everstone. Unless you want to pass down the personality. Unless I am mistaken.

Keep trying, its simply bad luck. it frustrated the hell out of me when I was trying to breed Poison Touch Croagunk. Had to breed 40 of em. But I got my Magic Guard Abra instantly and didnt get anything BUT Magic Guard Abra ( I hatched 5 of em).

Keldonas

Assistant Professor
Ack just started a new White game, and found out that I couldn't get a Dratini or an Eevee (Glaceon) from the Dream World and play through from the beginning. Not that I had high hopes, but I still feel crushed. Does anyone have an extra one laying around they would be willing to give me?

Is it possible to catch these pokemon during gameplay on Pokemon White?

Darkrai,Shaymin,Arceus,Zorua,Celebi,Victini,Keldeo,eevee,and all eevee evolutions

Can't remember who posted what but...

I believe Zorua is event only, and you get Zoroark which you breed for Zorua (though i might misread that article). TYhe others like Celebi, you either have to wait for an event, last year was Victini event, recently there has been Mewtwo and Arceus events, and i remember a year ago was Shaymin and Darkrai events for Platinum. Check Serebii website for current and upcoming events (left hand list bar thing). Or if you have them on a Generaition 4 game, you can trade them over (one way, they cannot return to Gen 4), via the Trade Station thing, east of Nimbasa, once you defeat Unova Elite Four. Keldeo has not been released yet, in fact despite us all knowing it existed, only a few weeks ago did Nintendo publicly announce Keldeo and Genesect....fudge knows why

Hidden Abilites, those through the Dream World and Zen Mode Darmanitan and that lv50 Musharna, they will only pass down abilities if they are female. and you cannot breed the female with ditto, it has to be same egg type

Pokemon Dream World, is accessed through the Pokemon Global Link, you put in your details after registering for an account. You can register one black and one white game maximum, and i don't think you can change them once you've registered (i'm not sure if restarting your game gives you same or different code, so be warned). You put a Pkmon to sleep via the Game Sync function of the C-Gear, and go to the website. (You need to have wireless connection set up for your DS). It is accessible once per day, and you gain Dream Points by winning mini games, logging on, making Dream Pals, watering others gardens. If you win a mini game, you befriend it, and if you skip the tree of dreams a few times, you can visit the island (where pokemon and items are found) multiple times, though more you visit on that day, less pokemon there are. you can take one pokemon a day back to your game, and any others you befriend vanish forever. the website allows you to be logged in for an hour, so make sure your done before it logs you out or you might not be able to send pokemon to the games. berries are found, and you can grow them, and they can be sent to your games, or swapped with others via the Share Shelf. there are 5 levels, some are unlocked from the beginning, others require you to have a certain number of gym badges, or a certain number of dream points. it can take a while to unlock, maybe a few weeks, but you can track your dream point total in the profile page where yu log in.

I have a question actually, how do you tell if a Pokemon has been hacked? I'bve just started trading, nothing out of the ordinary so far, but I no idea how to check if they are hacked or cloned or whatever. I am only trading so i can breed one for myself, but from sounds of it, hacks leave a marker on the game somehow?

Psypert

Is it possible to enter the Dream World,without having to register an account?

Yes, just use someone's else account (that basically means no)

Richard1

Trainer
Does doing the Battle Subway and doing flat battles change Hidden Power when the stats change from the levels being rounded down to level 50?

Does doing the Battle Subway and doing flat battles change Hidden Power when the stats change from the levels being rounded down to level 50?

If you mean Change Hidden Power type, no, because HP type is based on Pokémon IV's.

@ Beth Sycamore, you need to register an account, as you need to connect a game file with the website, otherwise you can't receivepokemon or items, or access it at all for that matter

@ Richard 1, the data used to determine Hidden Power is set from when you collect an egg from daycare, or from when you catch a pokemon. it does not change as you level up, and the battle subway won't change either. i think in mistral ton city pokemon centre there is man who tells you type your pokemons hidden power would be

harlyquin

Breeding Enthusiast
Hello!. I have a breeding question for you all

I would like to get a scizor with roost for a battle subway team. I have diamond and platinum so I can get one there and give it the TM 51 for roost. My question is this:

Once I transfer a scizor with roost over to my 5th gen game. Can I breed roost from there, or will I have to do all the breeding on my 4th gen game?

Thank you ahead of time for your comments on this matter!

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hello!. I have a breeding question for you all

I would like to get a scizor with roost for a battle subway team. I have diamond and platinum so I can get one there and give it the TM 51 for roost. My question is this:

Once I transfer a scizor with roost over to my 5th gen game. Can I breed roost from there, or will I have to do all the breeding on my 4th gen game?

Thank you ahead of time for your comments on this matter!

Roost is not an Egg move for Scyther in Gen V, so you will have to do all of your breeding in Gen IV.

Is it possible to catch these pokemon during gameplay on Pokemon White?

Darkrai,Shaymin,Arceus,Zorua,Celebi,Victini,Keldeo,eevee,and all eevee evolutions

You cannot catch any of those Pokemon in-game in Black and White. Zorua was an event-only Pokemon, but it is breedable, so you should be able to find someone willing to trade one to you pretty easily. Arceus was available in the DW, but that event is over now. Victini was available once as an event and another time over Wi-fi, but those, too, are overwith. Keldeo has not been released yet, not even in Japan, so no one has a Keldeo.

How do you pass DW abilities down when you breed?

I have a female Abra holding Everstone. I've must've hatched closer to 30 eggs and none had Magic Guard as the ability. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you breeding your female Abra with a Ditto? If you breed a DW female with a Ditto, it will not pass down its DW ability. You have to breed it with something in its egg group. Furthermore, DW females only have a 40% chance of passing down their ability, so even when breeding within the Egg group, you will have to breed several Abras before you get one with Magic Guard.

Giving Abra an Everstone gives it a 50% chance of passing down its nature, so if your Abra has a bad nature, don't give it the Everstone. If it has a good nature, then do give it the Everstone.

evolvingmad4

i'm stuck with my team at the moment on my pokemon black team i have...
swine (pignite)
loyal (herdier)
romeo (tranquill) (male)
bugsy (swadloon)
chav (palpitoad)

these are the pokemon i might get
alien (elgyem)
barbs (ferroseed)
shell (tirtouga) (i know it's a lame nickname but i cant think of anything else that has 5 spaces)

can anyone help me please?

Last edited:

evolvingmad4

both u just got the cover fossil from the bagpack lady in the desert resort

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
I'm not really sure what you're asking, honestly... Do you want help balancing your team, rating it, or are you wanting to know which of those would be a good fit in your team?

If you're looking for pure type balance, I guess I'd say Elgyem, but you won't be running into one of those for a while, judging on your team at the moment.

Shiny_Mudkip

ITS PURPLE!!!!!
I know I'm probably wrong but I just wanted to know if you could SR for a shiny event pokemon like the new Darkrai event?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
I know I'm probably wrong but I just wanted to know if you could SR for a shiny event pokemon like the new Darkrai event?

Most events have shiny checks on them, so it's impossible to sr for shininess for them, the exception being event Pokemon you catch, besides Victini. There were a few events released recently in Japan that didn't have the shiny checks on them, but it'd be better to either not worry about it, or wait until someone finds out if there is a shiny check on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.