• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny_Mudkip

ITS PURPLE!!!!!
does anybody know of any shiny gastly on gts its my bro fav pokemon i found one but i need a zekrom 9 or under

You probably will never find one on the GTS that won't ask for some impossible guy like the other day I saw a shiny Milotic for a level 9 or under Lugia it's just jerks who just want to show off their shiny. If you really want one I recommend chaining in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or some people on GTS Negotiations might have one and may be willing to trade for another shiny or if your lucky a legendary. Hope you get that shiny Gastly soon.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
does anybody know of any shiny gastly on gts its my bro fav pokemon i found one but i need a zekrom 9 or under

All of those requests that say "Zekrom/Reshiram/other legendary lv 9 and under" are just people showing off their shinies. You can't legally obtain a legendary under level 9. Like Shiny_Mudkip said, if you want a shiny Gastly, you have a few options:

1. Chain in D/P/Pt
2. Use the Masuda Method to breed one
3. Go to the Trade Shops and look around for a shiny Gastly. Be warned that the price for shinies may be high. Your best bet is to trade a shiny you already have for the shiny Gastly.
4. RE for one (this option will probably be the most time-consuming).

Shiny_Mudkip

ITS PURPLE!!!!!
Chaining might be the fastest way if you were good but you will get frustrated if you keep breaking the chain so if your not good then varanus_komodoensis is right and you should just try your luck at a trade shop.

Or alternately, learn to RNG abuse, and get a shitload of flawless, legitimate shinies that are entirely your own for little effort on your part.

trade shop?
i do know how how to chain but in a pokemon tower
without grass dont know how to see where the pokemon is on diamond
and lastly could i use a dif game language ditto for musada

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
trade shop?
i do know how how to chain but in a pokemon tower
without grass dont know how to see where the pokemon is on diamond
and lastly could i use a dif game language ditto for musada

There is an entire sub-forum on Serebii for Trade Shops, which are basically threads started by people who want to trade shinies, events, and other rare Pokemon. You can find the Trade Shops here. Follow that link and just start clicking on shops until you find one that's offering a Gastly. Your best bets would be threads that have the name "shiny" in the title.

I'm not a chaining expert, but I'm pretty sure that the shiny square will appear in the tower just like it would in the grass. If you're going to chain, you should probably choose the floor of the tower with the smallest area to minimize the distance between the shiny area and you.

Yes, in order to use the Masuda Method, you have to have a Ditto (or other Pokemon, but Ditto is the best) from a cartridge of a different language. Assuming you have an English game, any different language - Spanish, German, Korean, Japanese, anything - is acceptable for the Masuda Method.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
i know so could the foreign be a ditto

Yes. Foreign Ditto is the best option for a Masuda Method because it can breed with almost anything. It can definitely breed with Gastly.

The Lost Tower doesn't have grass patches (it's counted a cave), however you can find wild Gastly on Route 209 outside (at night time only).

Dangertrout

thanks and what is the trade shop

Trade Shops are threads owned by members for the purpose of trading. There are also general trade threads in the Trade Forum where you can post general requests.

The trade forum is found here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?220-Trade-Forum

There is a sub-forum for each generation, so you could go to the thread for the particular pokemon you want. You could also go to the Shiny Trade Thread to make a request. Finally, you could try one of the trade shops. I find for simple requests like a shiny gastly, the shiny trade thread works best. That's just in my experience though.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
thanks and what is the trade shop

As I said in my previous posts, there is an entire sub-forum on Serebii for Trade Shops, which are basically threads started by people who want to trade shinies, events, and other rare Pokemon. You can find the Trade Shops here. Follow that link and just start clicking on shops until you find one that's offering a Gastly. Your best bets would be threads that have the name "shiny" in the title.

re fo one?

RE means "Random Encounter". Basically, that means go to the area where Gastly is most common in your game, and run around in that area, encountering wild Gastlys until you get a shiny one. This is very tedious, but many shiny hunters on Serebii use this as their preferred method of shiny hunting. You often have to do 10,000 - 30,000 encounters before you get one.

Also, please don't double-post. If you need to add something to a post, click on the "Edit" button on the bottom-right-hand side of your post.

Shiny_Mudkip

ITS PURPLE!!!!!
What are EV's
Sorry if this isn't tje place to ask but it is.the first I heard of thwm so I figure i has to do black and white

Ok EV's are effort points/values and they help your Pokemon increase certain stats if fighting against a Pokemon. Every pokemon gives you certain EV's for defeating it. An example can be Pidgey, a Pidgey gives one Speed EV upon defeat to the pokemon who fainted it. A Pokemon can have a maximum of 255 EV's but it is uneven and doesn't boost the stat so the max EV's you want in one stat is 252 and can have a total amount of 510 EV's. Also for every 4 EV's you gain 1 point in that stat increase. Many experienced players use Pokemon EV's to their advantage. If you want a more detailed explanation here is a good link it also shows good places for EV training.

http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/how_to_ev_train

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Ok EV's are effort points/values and they help your Pokemon increase certain stats if fighting against a Pokemon. Every pokemon gives you certain EV's for defeating it. An example can be Pidgey, a Pidgey gives one Speed EV upon defeat to the pokemon who fainted it. A Pokemon can have a maximum of 255 EV's but it is uneven and doesn't boost the stat so the max EV's you want in one stat is 252 and can have a total amount of 510 EV's. Also for every 4 EV's you gain 1 point in that stat increase. Many experienced players use Pokemon EV's to their advantage. If you want a more detailed explanation here is a good link it also shows good places for EV training.

http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/how_to_ev_train

Just to add onto this, a Pokemon can have a total of 510 EVs, spread over their stats. You can control where these EVs go by fighting battles with certain wild Pokemon when your Pokemon is first caught or hatched. You can put 252 EVs maximum into a stat, and since 4 EVs raises a stat by 1 point, 252/4 = 63, so you can potentially raise a certain stat by 63 points. EV training is very important in competitive battling, because it can give you an edge over your opponent.

Last edited:

Reamer182

ShellBack Trainer
hey i need some help on EV training i have a modest, proud of its power shiny squirtle and i wanted to make him the best as can be. i have pokerous and a macho bracelet and saved up enough cash to buy a bunch of vitamins. but i dont know were to start what stats should i EV train

Status
Not open for further replies.