• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
BurningWhiteKyurem said:
So with the upcoming release of BW2, I wanted to get accustomed to the new game mechanics and ask this: Is it possible to EV Train Lvl 100s? (Considering wiping some few 100s and then EV'ing them in BW2)

Yes, you can. After a battle, if the amount of EV's correspond to a whole point in that stat, the stat will go up.
So if you fought four Lillipup with your level 100 Garchomp (under normal conditions), you'd receive one Attack after the fourth one. :)

In case it is relevant, I believe that EV training Lv100s is also possible in the original BW :).

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
yes, you can EV train lv 100 Pokemon even in B/W, you don't need to wait for B/W 2 :p

pkmnfan

Hello.First, I am new here so sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Second, my question. I am currently EV training a Hasty nature Bellossom in Speed on Pkmn Black. After training her I had decided to give her some Carbos, but it wouldn't accept them. Does this mean she already has the 252 EVs for speed? Thanks in advance!

SakuraLatias

Objection!
Hello.First, I am new here so sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Second, my question. I am currently EV training a Hasty nature Bellossom in Speed on Pkmn Black. After training her I had decided to give her some Carbos, but it wouldn't accept them. Does this mean she already has the 252 EVs for speed? Thanks in advance!

If the Pokémon has 100 or more EV's on one of the Pokémon's stats (i.e., Speed), then you can no longer use the item (i.e. Carbos).

pkmnfan

If the Pokémon has 100 or more EV's on one of the Pokémon's stats (i.e., Speed), then you can no longer use the item (i.e. Carbos).
Ok. Thanks. If I want to EV train it in Sp.Atk now, would I just switch the Power anklet and use the Macho Brace, and then proceed to train it in Sp.Atk?

SakuraLatias

Objection!
Ok. Thanks. If I want to EV train it in Sp.Atk now, would I just switch the Power anklet and use the Macho Brace, and then proceed to train it in Sp.Atk?

Power Lens > Macho Brace. Because ALL Power Items gives +4 EV's. In addition to EV Training, all Pokémon has EV Points. Example will be a Psyduck, it gives +1 Sp. Attack every time you defeat any wild Psyduck. Power Lens gives +4 Sp. Attack, plus a wild Psyduck gives +1 on Sp. Attack. So 4 + 1 = 5 EV's with Power Lens, but without the Pokérus. Pokérus actually doubles your EV's. So rather than +5, you'll gain +10 every Psyduck you defeat.

BurningWhiteKyurem

yes, you can EV train lv 100 Pokemon even in B/W, you don't need to wait for B/W 2 :p

I didn't get BW1 (no worries, played the ROM when I got back into the series on March) that's why I figured that it'd make sense to transfer my current Pokemon from the HeartGold cartridge to BW2 once I get the game.

And thanks to you, WishingStar and TsukiMirage and Darak for answering :)

pkmnfan

Thank you Sakura. Forgive me if this has been answered, but how does one go to a different area on Island of Dreams? Im stuck in Icy cave and want to go back to Pleasent Forest.(trying to get a Vulpix with drought) I couldn't find any solutions. Thanks in advance!

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Thank you Sakura. Forgive me if this has been answered, but how does one go to a different area on Island of Dreams? Im stuck in Icy cave and want to go back to Pleasent Forest.(trying to get a Vulpix with drought) I couldn't find any solutions. Thanks in advance!

Might you be tucking in an Ice-, Ground- or Steel- type?

The updated Dream World has a gimmick in which the typing of the Pokemon you tuck in strongly influences which area you are sent to on the Island of Dreams.

Here is a list of what type brings you where, courtesy of Psychic Politoed, myself, Smogon, and Serebii members who helped experiment:

Pleasant Forest: Grass, Electric, Poison, Bug
Rugged Mountain: Fire, Rock, Ground, Fighting, Steel
Spooky Manor: Psychic, Ghost, Dark
Sparkling Sea: Water
Icy Cave: Ice, Steel, Ground
Windswept Sky: Flying
No preference: Dragon, Normal

Dual types will take you equally to each area that they prefer.

Any further Dream World questions go in the Dream World Discussion Thread.

1kipper

I forgot to save before picking up my keldeo from the deliveryman. Does this mean I can't SR for a good nature?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I forgot to save before picking up my keldeo from the deliveryman. Does this mean I can't SR for a good nature?

Since you say you forgot to save before picking it up I can only assume you saved after picking it up, which means you already have it, so of course you can't SR for a different one.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'm pretty sure Salac Berry is released through B/W 2's Join Avenue shop, not through DW. Otherwise people already have multiples of them by now.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
I'm pretty sure Salac Berry is released through B/W 2's Join Avenue shop, not through DW. Otherwise people already have multiples of them by now.

just by looking at the info on serebii, it appears that Petaya, Ganlon, Liechi, Apicot, & Salac are available once you get the florist in B2/W2. they really need to go back to the old way to grow berries, this "gardening only in the DW" is getting old...

Status
Not open for further replies.