• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi everyone
I recently bought a new pokemon black game(Europe version).Every thing was ok and when i reached Castelia city it went slow motion from time to time.whats wrong with it?I checked the box and at least the box doesn't seem to be fake.

That's just the framerate dropping. The DS can't really handle that sort of thing, but developers do it anyway.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
That's just the framerate dropping. The DS can't really handle that sort of thing, but developers do it anyway.
It was far worse than what you think.My whole third gym battle was in slow motion and i thought my game froze twice.:'(
Well at least i'm pretty sure my game in not a fake.I restarted it.maybe this time it will work.

BCVM22

And that isn't normal game behavior. Something in the chain - your game or your system - isn't working properly.

destinydude000

The Awesome Dude
It was far worse than what you think.My whole third gym battle was in slow motion and i thought my game froze twice.:'(
Well at least i'm pretty sure my game in not a fake.I restarted it.maybe this time it will work.

did you try it on different dss?

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I looked on the serebii dream world page and noticed the sparkling sea. Is it only for japan because I'm pretty sure thats what it said and I've never been to it..

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
I looked on the serebii dream world page and noticed the sparkling sea. Is it only for japan because I'm pretty sure thats what it said and I've never been to it..

it's an everywhere area, you can access it after you have 5000 dream points in the DW & all 8 badges in your journey...

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
and to visit it more often you have to tuck in a Water-Type Pokemon into the Dream World.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Hello guys. I've made some trades. I got a Charmeleon and a Tyranitar who have the ability Sand Stream but I have a problem. Two of my pokemon that I just got have each have a pokerus. If I plan to EV a pokemon who drank 10 Carbos, equipped with a Macho Brace and a pokerus for the 252 Speed, how many Basculins I have to beat? If a Pokemon who drank 10 proteins, have a pokerus, equipped with the Macho Brace, and a pokerus, how many Lilpups/Patrats I have to beat? THe pokerus could be a problem.

Dangertrout

Hello guys. I've made some trades. I got a Charmeleon and a Tyranitar who have the ability Sand Stream but I have a problem. Two of my pokemon that I just got have each have a pokerus. If I plan to EV a pokemon who drank 10 Carbos, equipped with a Macho Brace and a pokerus for the 252 Speed, how many Basculins I have to beat? If a Pokemon who drank 10 proteins, have a pokerus, equipped with the Macho Brace, and a pokerus, how many Lilpups/Patrats I have to beat? THe pokerus could be a problem.

pkrs is never a problem. I think it's 19 basculin and 38 patrat/lillipup. someone correct me if I'm wrong (didn't look up macho brace, but iirc it doubled EV gain, right?)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

Basculin is worth 2 Speed EVs, and Macho Brace doubles EV count. Pokerus stacks with Macho Brace/Power items, and also doubles EV count. So each Basculin would be worth 2*2*2, or 8, Speed EVs. Each Carbos is worth 10 Speed EVs. If you give a Pokemon 10 Carbos (10*10 = 100), and you want 252 Speed EVs, 252-100 is 152. 152/8 is 19. So you will have to defeat 19 Basculin.

If you use the Power Anklet, though, it puts +4 Speed EVs on whatever it is that you're fighting, so Basculin would be (2+4)*2, or 12, EVs each. 152/12 = 13 Basculin that you would have to fight.

I'm not sure how many EVs you want to put into Attack, so I'm assuming it's 252 again. So you give your Pokemon 10 Proteins (10*10=100 Atk EVs), and 252-100 = 152 EVs left. Then you are fighting Patrat/Lillipup, and those are worth 1 Atk EV each. You have a Macho Brace and Pokerus. 1*2*2 = 4, so each Lillipup/Patrat is worth 4 Attack EVs. 152/4 = 38 Patrats/Lillipups that you have to fight.

If you used the Power Bracer, each Patrat/Lillipup would be worth (1+4)*2, or 10, Attack EVs. So then you would only have to fight 152/10, or 16, Lillipups/Patrats.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Basculin is worth 2 Speed EVs, and Macho Brace doubles EV count. Pokerus stacks with Macho Brace/Power items, and also doubles EV count. So each Basculin would be worth 2*2*2, or 8, Speed EVs. Each Carbos is worth 10 Speed EVs. If you give a Pokemon 10 Carbos (10*10 = 100), and you want 252 Speed EVs, 252-100 is 152. 152/8 is 19. So you will have to defeat 19 Basculin.

If you use the Power Anklet, though, it puts +4 Speed EVs on whatever it is that you're fighting, so Basculin would be (2+4)*2, or 12, EVs each. 152/12 = 13 Basculin that you would have to fight.

I'm not sure how many EVs you want to put into Attack, so I'm assuming it's 252 again. So you give your Pokemon 10 Proteins (10*10=100 Atk EVs), and 252-100 = 152 EVs left. Then you are fighting Patrat/Lillipup, and those are worth 1 Atk EV each. You have a Macho Brace and Pokerus. 1*2*2 = 4, so each Lillipup/Patrat is worth 4 Attack EVs. 152/4 = 38 Patrats/Lillipups that you have to fight.

If you used the Power Bracer, each Patrat/Lillipup would be worth (1+4)*2, or 10, Attack EVs. So then you would only have to fight 152/10, or 16, Lillipups/Patrats.

I see. If that's true, then the pokerus must be a good thing for EV training, right? Let's see. If my math is correct,

152 EV left, then pokerus and wearing a Macho Brace, it will be 4 times the EVs for each Basculin defeated that worth 2 EVs for Speed, then it will have 8EVs for each Basculins defeated. And if the pokemon have 152 left for EVs Speed, then having a pokerus,and wearing a macho brace, then I have to beat 19 Basculins.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I see. If that's true, then the pokerus must be a good thing for EV training, right? Let's see. If my math is correct,

152 EV left, then pokerus and wearing a Macho Brace, it will be 4 times the EVs for each Basculin defeated that worth 2 EVs for Speed, then it will have 8EVs for each Basculins defeated. And if the pokemon have 152 left for EVs Speed, then having a pokerus,and wearing a macho brace, then I have to beat 19 Basculins.

Haha, yes, Pokerus is GREAT for EV-training. Training without it is a lot more tedious. And yes, you did that math right - you have to beat 19 Basculins :)

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Haha, yes, Pokerus is GREAT for EV-training. Training without it is a lot more tedious. And yes, you did that math right - you have to beat 19 Basculins :)

Ok. Thank you for that one. But I have few more things to ask. Are the Ubers pokemon are legal for the wi-fi battles,Battle Subway, Pokemon World Tournaments,and Video Games Championship tournaments? Are the Uber pokemon are good things or bad things? If not, then I will use the Overused-tiers pokemon since it happens to be the most powerful if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Ok. Thank you for that one. But I have few more things to ask. Are the Ubers pokemon are legal for the wi-fi battles,Battle Subway, Pokemon World Tournaments,and Video Games Championship tournaments? Are the Uber pokemon are good things or bad things? If not, then I will use the Overused-tiers pokemon since it happens to be the most powerful if I'm not mistaken.

Depends on the Uber. Garchomp, Excadrill, and Speed Boost Blaziken are allowed. The rest of them are not.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
did you try it on different dss?

No.but now that you mention.Something likes this happened before.maybe its my DS.I'll check it on different systems next time its happens.I restarted the game and nothing is wrong with it at the moment.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Depends on the Uber. Garchomp, Excadrill, and Speed Boost Blaziken are allowed. The rest of them are not.

I see. I knew that the legendary pokemon weren't allowed to compete for the Video Game Championships,and Pokemon World Tournament. But what about Tyranitar? He move at the Ubers category. According to the bulbapedia, Uber pokemon are effectively a banlist for OU, but it doesn't mean it can't be used. Of course he's at the Overused section too.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I see. I knew that the legendary pokemon weren't allowed to compete for the Video Game Championships,and Pokemon World Tournament. But what about Tyranitar? He move at the Ubers category. According to the bulbapedia, Uber pokemon are effectively a banlist for OU, but it doesn't mean it can't be used. Of course he's at the Overused section too.

Tyranitar has been in OU for as long as I can remember, and he's definitely still in OU in Gen IV and V.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Tyranitar has been in OU for as long as I can remember, and he's definitely still in OU in Gen IV and V.

I see. So Tyranitar has been in the OU section in Gen 4 and 5. Ok. Now, here's a couple of questions. I have an Onix with the ability Strudy, then I like to evolve into a Steelix. Should I EV train an Onix before evolve itno a Steelix,or not. Like this...

Ability: Strudy
252 HP/220 Def/ 36 Sp.Def

and for the moveset would be like...

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Gyro ball
Roar/Dragon Tail

Question 2. If I like to have a wonderful Milotic, should I EV train a Feebas first, or I should evolve a Feebas into Milotic, then EV train it? Are the Uber pokemon are the good things in the Wi-Fi battles,Pokemon World Tournament, Battle Subway,and Video Game Championships? If not, then I understand. Perhaps that the OU aka Overused Pokemon are the most powerful ones in the competitive battle after all.

Question 3. If I were to EV a Tyranitar, should I EV train him in the Uber category, Overused category, or something else? You see, I want to raise them right as I want to stand a chance against the online players. Winning the Pokemon World Tournament to get more TMs from BW2. And for the official matches,and Video Game Championship. the smogon website can help.

Dangertrout

I see. So Tyranitar has been in the OU section in Gen 4 and 5. Ok. Now, here's a couple of questions. I have an Onix with the ability Strudy, then I like to evolve into a Steelix. Should I EV train an Onix before evolve itno a Steelix,or not. Like this...

Ability: Strudy
252 HP/220 Def/ 36 Sp.Def

and for the moveset would be like...

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Gyro ball
Roar/Dragon Tail

Question 2. If I like to have a wonderful Milotic, should I EV train a Feebas first, or I should evolve a Feebas into Milotic, then EV train it? Are the Uber pokemon are the good things in the Wi-Fi battles,Pokemon World Tournament, Battle Subway,and Video Game Championships? If not, then I understand. Perhaps that the OU aka Overused Pokemon are the most powerful ones in the competitive battle after all.

Question 3. If I were to EV a Tyranitar, should I EV train him in the Uber category, Overused category, or something else? You see, I want to raise them right as I want to stand a chance against the online players. Winning the Pokemon World Tournament to get more TMs from BW2. And for the official matches,and Video Game Championship. the smogon website can help.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there are forums specifically for these sorts of questions.
Here is the one for making teams in BW for the Battle Subway and other in-game teams: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?212-5th-Gen-Ingame-RMT
Here is the one for 5th Gen competitive battling: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?205-5th-Gen

You might want to check these out and see what other people are doing. There would also be more people to answer your questions. (Although, varanus is a good source of info =) ) Just don't forget to read the rules for the sub-forums before posting =)

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there are forums specifically for these sorts of questions.
Here is the one for making teams in BW for the Battle Subway and other in-game teams: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?212-5th-Gen-Ingame-RMT
Here is the one for 5th Gen competitive battling: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?205-5th-Gen

You might want to check these out and see what other people are doing. There would also be more people to answer your questions. (Although, varanus is a good source of info =) ) Just don't forget to read the rules for the sub-forums before posting =)

Ok. I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.