• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
They are only obtainable through events

The only legends given out in the DW via events have been Arceus and Rayquaza as far as I can recall. However, the Dream Radar gave people access to many more legends, such as: Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Lugia, Ho-oh, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.

Unless one has slipped my mind, those are the only legends that can have their DW ability/be in a Dream Ball.

SamusTheHedgehog

So i have a question.
I have a female Vupix with its DW ability, but say i breed it with a Male Vupix from Japan.

Will the Mesuda Method work, can the Shiny Vupix get its DW ability, or will nether work?

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
They should both work, though I believe there is only an 80% chance of breeding down the ability that the female has, and the rest is didvided up by however many non-DW abilities it has.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So i have a question.
I have a female Vupix with its DW ability, but say i breed it with a Male Vupix from Japan.

Will the Mesuda Method work, can the Shiny Vupix get its DW ability, or will nether work?

Yes, the Masuda Method will work, assuming that the Japanese Vulpix came from a Japanese CARTRIDGE and not just from someone from Japan.

Shiny Vulpix will be able to get its DW ability no matter what, since the mother is female and has the DW ability.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
This isn't necessarily true. I've bred many DWF's and the offspring hasn't always had its hidden ability.

Let me clarify: The offspring of a DWF has a 40% chance of passing down its ability as long as the male is in its egg group. If you breed a DWF with a Ditto, it will not pass down its ability. Ever. The male MUST be in the same egg group as the DWF.

As long as you are breeding a DWF with a male in its egg group, you are guaranteed to eventually get offspring with the DW ability.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
You will eventually, yes. But you originally said it would get it 'no matter what', which implies that it is a 100% chance.

SamusTheHedgehog

But then Factor in the MM and its 6/8192 chance of a shiny... i need it to be both that and DW.

*Sigh* Im going to kill my friend... i know in my group of friends im called "the breeder" but this seems hard even for me.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
But then Factor in the MM and its 6/8192 chance of a shiny... i need it to be both that and DW.

*Sigh* Im going to kill my friend... i know in my group of friends im called "the breeder" but this seems hard even for me.

I'm assuming you want a Timid Vulpix (as that's the most common nature that Ninetales runs on a Sun team), so I'd make sure either the DWF you have or the male is Timid, holding an Everstone. In B/W, the chances of an Everstone passing on the nature are 50%.

So to get a shiny, Drought, Timid Vulpix, the chances are (1/1365)(.4)(.5), or .015%, in Pokemon Black/White. However, if you were to do this in B2W2, you would double your chances of getting the combination you want, because in B2W2, the chances of the parent holding an Everstone passing down its nature was changed to 100%.

So you'd have (1/1365)(.4)(1), or ~ .03% chance of getting a shiny Drought Timid Vulpix.

If you don't care about the nature, then you have a .03% chance of getting a shiny Drought Vulpix with any nature on either game.

SamusTheHedgehog

nature doesnt matter to me
im not liking those numbers... whats the percent of just getting a shiny? im breeding my Japanese Ditto with a Eevee right now with no luck

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
nature doesnt matter to me
im not liking those numbers... whats the percent of just getting a shiny? im breeding my Japanese Ditto with a Eevee right now with no luck

If you're doing the Masuda Method (i.e., if your Eevee is anything but Japanese) and you're playing Black/White, then your chances are 1/1365, or .073% just for a raw shiny - no nature, ability, or anything else factored in. If you play B2W2, get the Shining Charm, and then do Masuda Method, then your chances will increase to 1/1024, or ~0.1%.

Sprinter1988

Hi. Just a quick question.
Has anyone out there ever actually found a Lapras in rippling water spots at Village Bridge in White Version?
The reason that I ask is that I have been there for about two and a half hours now, and all I have to show for it is a deep running hatred for that stupid fish Basculin and severe doubts about the correctness of both the Serebii.net and the Bulbapedia pages for Village Bridge.

Edit (5 minutes later) NEVER MIND! I FINALLY FOUND ONE! YIPEEEE!

Last edited:

Greekboy

Hi all, I found my Black version but for some reason it has my (really good) save file deleted...
Will I still have my Liberty Pass on it? I got it back when it came out, so I had the pass on it back then.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
I think you're just going to have to boot up the game and find out for yourself. I personally doubt that the Wonder Card will still be there because I think it is linked with the save file on the cartridge, but I will gladly be proved wrong.

Kelphy

Calm Trainer
Does anyone know in Pokemon Black and White a good way to kill time in the game
after you have defeated the Elite 4. I just got my last badge, and I'm a little scared to
continue, because I'm scared if I complete the game I'll have nothing to do. Are there
things I can do after the game is completed? A way to battle trainers a second time? Or
a place where random trainers are created? I'm really worried! I mean I'll still capture all
Pokemon, but whats the point if I have no one to test them on! I also am a little scared
of online, because I am way too competitive and get worked up when I lose to players.

Dangertrout

Does anyone know in Pokemon Black and White a good way to kill time in the game
after you have defeated the Elite 4. I just got my last badge, and I'm a little scared to
continue, because I'm scared if I complete the game I'll have nothing to do. Are there
things I can do after the game is completed? A way to battle trainers a second time? Or
a place where random trainers are created? I'm really worried! I mean I'll still capture all
Pokemon, but whats the point if I have no one to test them on! I also am a little scared
of online, because I am way too competitive and get worked up when I lose to players.

There's a lot to do after you "finish" the game. There are some trainers that can be rebattled in the Stadiums, the E4 can be rebattled, you can build a Battle Subway team and just take on the game's AI if you're not keen on battling online, working on the pokedex, breeding pokemon, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.