• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hever

022611229PM
Del Mundo said:
reuniclus... the pink thing on its face... is that a nose or mouth? (I had the same confusion with chansey)
That's its mouth. You can see it move in the actual motion-sprite.

Aegon

Hey I have a really important question that I need answering due to black and white being out in 8 days... If I catch my pokemon on pearl with action replay (1 of them being a shiny) but I dont alter any stats and just keep them the way they are, can I still use them on black and white wifi? or will they be booted out... cause I need to start training them up and I dont want it to be a waste of time =/ all im doing is using the Action Replay to catch them, nothing else! so please let me know if you can confirm this etc! =] really appreciate it!

Discussion of cheating devices is forbidden. I consider it wrong, so I advise you ask elsewhere.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Hey I have a really important question that I need answering due to black and white being out in 8 days... If I catch my pokemon on pearl with action replay (1 of them being a shiny) but I dont alter any stats and just keep them the way they are, can I still use them on black and white wifi? or will they be booted out... cause I need to start training them up and I dont want it to be a waste of time =/ all im doing is using the Action Replay to catch them, nothing else! so please let me know if you can confirm this etc! =] really appreciate it!

for the record, the game seems know every possible location a Pokemon can be caught at, so catching a pokemon not from a legit location will get you booted off (My friend gave me a scraggy he caught via AR with Dragon Dance, at Route 1, and I got the kick off). If you must use Pokesav/AR to get your Pokemon, eggs are the way, a hatched pokemon is still legit if hatched at level 1.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Is a physical water type good enough to get through the gyms and Elite Four? I want to use Carracosta, But I don't know how useful it being physical will be. Should I instead hold out til I get one of the other water types that focus on special attacks?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Can you use Friend codes to trade with other regions? Such as my US game and someone's UK game?

Yeah, I've traded with someone from the UK before.

Del Mundo

Ghost Fan
So do you get the national dex right after defeating the elite four and n? I want to know how far into the game is the poketransfer unlocked.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
Is a physical water type good enough to get through the gyms and Elite Four? I want to use Carracosta, But I don't know how useful it being physical will be. Should I instead hold out til I get one of the other water types that focus on special attacks?

In game it doesn't really matter... physical attacks or special attacks can lead to you beating the game. Carracosta will be plenty powerful with physical attacks as long as you keep it up in level

AwesomeTree

Another question from little ol' me.

The story is that I've traded practically everything away for the DS, including my DSi. I was under the impression playing B/W is region locked on DSi's, but not on other DS'. I Had a Japanese DSi LL, yet on the B/W page on Serebii is states that B/W will work with all models. Does this mean I can play my Australian Black on my Japanese DSiLL, or because I traded my Aussie DSi away, I have to wait for the 3DS? Or is this type of question hard to answer as of now?

Aurath8

Another question from little ol' me.

The story is that I've traded practically everything away for the DS, including my DSi. I was under the impression playing B/W is region locked on DSi's, but not on other DS'. I Had a Japanese DSi LL, yet on the B/W page on Serebii is states that B/W will work with all models. Does this mean I can play my Australian Black on my Japanese DSiLL, or because I traded my Aussie DSi away, I have to wait for the 3DS? Or is this type of question hard to answer as of now?

DSi and DSiXL are region locked meaning only a game from the same region will work. A Japanese XL will not work with an Australian Black/White. A DS or DS Lite works with a game from any region, so you can buy them or an Australian 3DS if you want to play an aussie Black/White.

AwesomeTree

DSi and DSiXL are region locked meaning only a game from the same region will work. A Japanese XL will not work with an Australian Black/White. A DS or DS Lite works with a game from any region, so you can buy them or an Australian 3DS if you want to play an aussie Black/White.

But I was able to play aussie games on the Japanese DSiLL/American games on the DSi?

zogu

Black and White are both DSi-enhanced games. So they are both region-specific in that if you want to use a DSi to play it, it must be from the same region as the game. It does not apply if you use a DS Lite or the original DS.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Pokémon Black & White and a few other games, the only one I can think of Face Training, are DSi-Enabled, and also Region locked to that regions DSi, DSi XL/LL or 3DS.

Most other games which inlcude ALL other Pokémon games are not prevented play on a DSi due to region locked.

Shien

It's just that the DSi + LL are locked, not the games.
But Pokémon B/W are locked too so you have to have the same console as the game to play B/W.
It's new. Everything is locked now (not a good thing - it's just my opinion). The new 3DS too will be locked (isn't it???) so if you want to play Pokémon B/W on your future 3DS, pick a 3DS of the same country (= the same country of your B/W game).

Status
Not open for further replies.