• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Alex:.

How on Earth do I customise the C-Gear? I want to get it back to the default formation, bit it's the most infuriating thing I've tried to use in a long time.

PKMNseb

Ok so here is my question.

I pick up a copy of Pokemon White.

I get a Charmander in Heart Gold.

Can I trade the Charmander over to Pokemon White as soon as I get the first badge?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ok so here is my question.

I pick up a copy of Pokemon White.

I get a Charmander in Heart Gold.

Can I trade the Charmander over to Pokemon White as soon as I get the first badge?

No. You can only transfer Pokemon from Generation 4 carts to Generation 5 carts once you have the National Dex. The only exception would be the Shiny Beasts and Celebi, which may be transferred once you get to Castelia City.

Last edited:

IbanezACA

So I've had the game 2 days and I have already beaten E4,N and Ghetsis. Also caught Zekrom, Victini and Zoroark but I never really got to use any of my favourite 5th gen pokemon. I cant be bothered to level them all up to 55+ so I'm wondering whether or not I should start again and take my time more whilst using the pokemon I want? Also, my brother received his Black today so we could both battle against each other whilst we are at similar levels.

What do you guys think??

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
ok so i just got victini great ball in the orange wow

Bad_Apple!!

Ghost Fiend
Any idea what the Base Power of the move Hex is when boosted by STAB and used on a badly poisoned Pokémon?

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
So I've had the game 2 days and I have already beaten E4,N and Ghetsis. Also caught Zekrom, Victini and Zoroark but I never really got to use any of my favourite 5th gen pokemon. I cant be bothered to level them all up to 55+ so I'm wondering whether or not I should start again and take my time more whilst using the pokemon I want? Also, my brother received his Black today so we could both battle against each other whilst we are at similar levels.

What do you guys think??

well if you didn't enjoyed the game with your favo pokemon I should start over because if you don't, what was the reason to buy it in the first place.

But that is my opinion.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt

What do you guys think??

Ah, such is the curse of Pokemon games - the best and coolest Pokemon are always either post-game only, ones that evolve at too high a level to be considered feasible for in-game purposes, or even with a lower form that's not worth suffering through.

Houndoom in GSC/HGSS - Only after the Elite Four, by which point you should have a strong team of six, so that would mean it's not really worth it unless you want to throw away all that grinding in Victory Road.

Salamence in RSE - I would totally use it if it was something you could get early, but considering it's only available after the last Gym at levels 25-30... yeah, good luck grinding up that sunava*****.

Honchkrow/Mismagius/Togekiss in DPPt - All three are great Pokemon in their own rights, but all three have abominable pre-evolutions - stats, movepool, or a combination of both will have you banging your head in frustration until that glorious moment, when you actually have the Stone you need to evolve it. I dare ANYONE to play through Platinum, use the Togepi line, and not cry tears of joy when you finally get that Shiny Stone (Slowflake doesn't count, since he's usually overleveled in his Pokemon LPs anyway)!

My advice would be to meditate on your favorite Pokemon that can be used easily and consistently. That's why it's always good to choose a favorite starter.

IbanezACA

Ah, such is the curse of Pokemon games - the best and coolest Pokemon are always either post-game only, ones that evolve at too high a level to be considered feasible for in-game purposes, or even with a lower form that's not worth suffering through.

Houndoom in GSC/HGSS - Only after the Elite Four, by which point you should have a strong team of six, so that would mean it's not really worth it unless you want to throw away all that grinding in Victory Road.

Salamence in RSE - I would totally use it if it was something you could get early, but considering it's only available after the last Gym at levels 25-30... yeah, good luck grinding up that sunava*****.

Honchkrow/Mismagius/Togekiss in DPPt - All three are great Pokemon in their own rights, but all three have abominable pre-evolutions - stats, movepool, or a combination of both will have you banging your head in frustration until that glorious moment, when you actually have the Stone you need to evolve it. I dare ANYONE to play through Platinum, use the Togepi line, and not cry tears of joy when you finally get that Shiny Stone (Slowflake doesn't count, since he's usually overleveled in his Pokemon LPs anyway)!

My advice would be to meditate on your favorite Pokemon that can be used easily and consistently. That's why it's always good to choose a favorite starter.
Thanks for your response, I will now pretty much erase my team, pick my favourites and work on levelling them up for the elite four rematches.

MJN2010

Thanks for your response, I will now pretty much erase my team, pick my favourites and work on levelling them up for the elite four rematches.

you could always breed your favourite 5th gen pokes and then trade the eggs to your brother and his black who can then trade them to a new save on your game where you can hatch them and then you can play through the game again but with your favourite pokes this time, its what i always do at some point

Up to you though :)

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
The guy is at one of the buildings in Castelia City. There's an image of the room where he is located, on this page.

The building he's in has a big screen w/a Game Freak logo on it.

DazedMinezumi

Patrat don't exist
I'm bumping this, I still need an answer.

I have a question....... If you are migrating pokemon to Black, and one of them knows Defog which was an HM in the other game. Does it still count that as an HM and not allow you to trade them over. And since Dive wasn't an HM back in Diamond, does it let you trade Pokemon that know it over, even if it's an HM in the new game.

So basically, Which game's HM's are restricted when trading to Black? D/P/Pt/HG/SS -or- B/W?

And also, how early in the game can you trade between Black and White? And what do you have to do to be able to? I wanna pick Snivy then trade it to my sister who is choosing Oshawott, then restart my game and choose Tepig so that we have the 3 starters between us. But if it's like after the 5th gym or something, then I don't even wanna waste my time and I'll just pick Snivy when Grey/Chrome/Purple come out. Help!
-Same dilemma an in Sinnoh. I choose Chimchar, my sister chooses Piplup, and I had to wait until Platinum to get Turtwig.

Status
Not open for further replies.