• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm bumping this, I still need an answer.

I have a question....... If you are migrating pokemon to Black, and one of them knows Defog which was an HM in the other game. Does it still count that as an HM and not allow you to trade them over. And since Dive wasn't an HM back in Diamond, does it let you trade Pokemon that know it over, even if it's an HM in the new game.

So basically, Which game's HM's are restricted when trading to Black? D/P/Pt/HG/SS -or- B/W?

And also, how early in the game can you trade between Black and White? And what do you have to do to be able to? I wanna pick Snivy then trade it to my sister who is choosing Oshawott, then restart my game and choose Tepig so that we have the 3 starters between us. But if it's like after the 5th gym or something, then I don't even wanna waste my time and I'll just pick Snivy when Grey/Chrome/Purple come out. Help!
-Same dilemma an in Sinnoh. I choose Chimchar, my sister chooses Piplup, and I had to wait until Platinum to get Turtwig.
It's the 4th Gen games HMs you need to delete. In the case of Whirlpool and Defog, you can transfer them if it's not the HM in that game.

Soon after the first Gym, when you get the C-gear.

kusari

Raptastic
Sewaddle: Should I or shouldn't I?

For those of you that played the Japanese games or Europeans who already got the games I'd like some advice.

To me Sewaddle seems like the D- student of Bugs for this generation. I'll be getting the game (hopefully) when it comes out in America tomorrow and I always train the Bug of the gen.

So, opinions would be appriciated.

Del Mundo

Ghost Fan
So does anyone know if the everstone nature breeding trick work with foreign pokemon now?

Last edited:

mew master4-10-90

while i was playing i had just beat the 3rd gym and Bianca called for a battle my game froze while that happened does this mean my game is corrupted please help

The Phoenix Lodge

So does anyone know if the everstone nature breeding trick work with foreign pokemon now?

I'm pretty sure it has been confirmed that the Everstone works with the Masuda method

Anyone else having issues getting on the GTS currently?

Last edited:

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
On game freezes, shut it off. The previous save will be loaded (at least it should be).

As for Masuda method, I think the everstone trick works with it now.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I'm planning on getting both games, and mainly playing Black. If I download the Liberty Pass on both games, trade Victini from White to Black (so I have two Victini on Black) then restart White, will I be able to download the Liberty Pass again to White, since I restarted the file?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm planning on getting both games, and mainly playing Black. If I download the Liberty Pass on both games, trade Victini from White to Black (so I have two Victini on Black) then restart White, will I be able to download the Liberty Pass again to White, since I restarted the file?

Yes. Restarting the game allows you to re-download Wonder Cards.

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
I would try doing the same thing again. Sometimes the DS model has something to do with it (I've had occasional problems with DS lites and rarely the DSi, but never had trouble with an original). If it keeps freezing up, that's when I'd take it back to the store.

mew master4-10-90

I would try doing the same thing again. Sometimes the DS model has something to do with it (I've had occasional problems with DS lites and rarely the DSi, but never had trouble with an original). If it keeps freezing up, that's when I'd take it back to the store.

yeh i did it worked fine after i did it again but in the future can it erase my file

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
All games can freeze in a once-off occurrence. If it happens multiple times after making sure there's no dust and without say banging your DS on something or touching the card then maybe you should take it back - if it only happens once I wouldn't worry about it.

mew master4-10-90

All games can freeze in a once-off occurrence. If it happens multiple times after making sure there's no dust and without say banging your DS on something or touching the card then maybe you should take it back - if it only happens once I wouldn't worry about it.

ok cool thanks for the advice bob and bill

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
yeh i did it worked fine after i did it again but in the future can it erase my file

Nah, it shouldn't erase anything, games have occasionally frozen on me, and I never lost any data.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
You can transfer from 4th gen to 5th gen after you get c gear?

No, you can't.

Relocator is unlocked in Castelia City, which is quite some time after Striaton City (the place where you obtain the C-Gear)

PokeShifter is unlocked after you finish the game.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
You can transfer from 4th gen to 5th gen after you get c gear?
The first place You can do it after getting to 3rd Gym, which is quite a bit after getting the C-gear. However that is just for 4 Pokémon.

For most Pokémon it's after beating the Final Boss.

You can trade with someone who has 4th gen Pokémon already, as soon as you've got the C-gear.

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo
According to this, the "Pokemon Global Link" will open on March 30th.

Does this mean that the Dream World (on non-Japanese versions) is inaccessible until the 30th? Or is there some other way to access Dream World?

This whole business is confusing me >.>

Where do I go to "make an account" to "game sync" with my DS? Can someone please explain?

When doing a WiFi battle, can we make it 6v6?

Are the levels ever set to 50 or 100?

Status
Not open for further replies.