• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodrigo

The Firey Inferno
Question, what do I have to do to make the Giant Hall appear? I've searched the entire hidden forest on Route 8 and I can't find it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Would anyone happen to know where the first Ice-type TM is located? I need one soon as I have to fight the 6th Gym Leader soon and I lack any Ice-type moves :x

SuperTyranitar

Would anyone happen to know where the first Ice-type TM is located? I need one soon as I have to fight the 6th Gym Leader soon and I lack any Ice-type moves :x

There isn't any.The first one you find is blizzard on sekka city(7th gym)
I wonder why gamefreak don't give us ice beam,flamethrower,thunderbolt and energy ball before E4. :(

Last edited:

Zabi

Not really here.

Flying is also weak to electric and rock type moves.I'm sure you got one of those two types.

Lorde

Flying is also weak to electric and rock type moves.I'm sure you got one of those two types.

I have one Electric Pokemon and one Electric TM though I would have liked an Ice-type TM to teach to some of my other Pokemon. I only have one Rock-type TM so far but it's power and accuracy are low. I don't like relying on just one Pokemon :<

Anyway, I just got some TMs from Professor Araragi after showing her my Dex. Does she give you more if you register more Pokemon in the Dex?

Rodrigo

The Firey Inferno
Question, what do I have to do to make the Giant Hall appear? I've searched the entire hidden forest on Route 8 and I can't find it.

In addition to this question, I also wanted to ask if the last city you visit going clockwise(I'm playing Black, so it's a giant black city) is Sazanami Town?
At first I thought it wa s Black City, but then I thought that the last gym's town was Black City. sorry for sounding stupid XP

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I'm just wondering now if Dream World abilities can be bread down or will Smogon force us to rely on our luck?

rocky505

I have one Electric Pokemon and one Electric TM though I would have liked an Ice-type TM to teach to some of my other Pokemon. I only have one Rock-type TM so far but it's power and accuracy are low. I don't like relying on just one Pokemon :<

Anyway, I just got some TMs from Professor Araragi after showing her my Dex. Does she give you more if you register more Pokemon in the Dex?
I believe you got Hidden power hopefully one of your pokemon have HP ice then.

donovantxeevee

INVINCIBLE
Are the fishing Rods still around in Black and White? I'm at the 5th Gym city and I still don't have one if they're around :S

Looker will give you the superrod after you beat the Elite Four.

How soon can you capture Victini in the games. Is it post E4, or can you go and capture Victini at any point once you have the Liberty ticket?

As soon as you get to Hiun you can catch Victini.

Why isnt the Pokedex for B/W Showing the Pictures of the Pokemon yet?!!?!?

When is Serebii going to have all the pictures for its B/W Pokedex???
I check daily hoping they have them in but each day I get dissapointment!!! D=!

Lorde

As soon as you get to Hiun you can catch Victini.

Would you happen to know it's Catch Rate by any chance? I tried capturing Victini for days now but no matter how weak it gets and even with it's Endure helping me out, it won't get captured. It's a fairly weak Legendary Pokemon but it seems impossible to capture. Any help is appreciated.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Victini's catch rate is 3.

I asked this the other day, and no answer. Where are the locations of Moguryuu in relation to cities?

rocky505

Would you happen to know it's Catch Rate by any chance? I tried capturing Victini for days now but no matter how weak it gets and even with it's Endure helping me out, it won't get captured. It's a fairly weak Legendary Pokemon but it seems impossible to capture. Any help is appreciated.
Most likely the same rate as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy and shaymin.

TrainerGreen

Gym Leader
i've read all the posts in this thread and have found the majority of them to be about where/when can i find X pokemon or where/when can i find X item. retarded.

serebii has a very decent pokedex filled with this information.

if a TM you want can't be acquired before E4, too bad, pokemon, too bad. trade someone with the move to give it back or the monster in question.

~you can get Ice Beam before 8th Gym, I gave it to my ice cream cone, you might want to try exploring all areas before asking "seeminlgy harmless" questions.

~about victini and zorua, i have no idea, i suggest one person (OP) fidn the info, cause its in this thread, and slap a big ole' faq in the beginning of stuff covered that will undoubtedly get asked. I would like help her also, as I'm using a DSlite, i don't know if i can do it properly.
~if an event happens and you can't progress, try beating the gym leader, or exploring a new area, sometimes events take place in certain orders.

~after 7th gym, go to route 4, the desert, to the ruins, walk across quicksand, make it to the bottom, afterwards go to 2nd gym, get your fossil revived(1st is turtle, 2nd is bird), continue on to 8th gym town by way of the passageway in northeast corner of 7th gym town.

~want HM05 waterfall? it's alllllllllllll the way to the left between your home town and the first or second city. check areas to start out surfing on, and keep going,
somewhere in that area.

~i have no idea how you get certain evolution stones. i have yet to find me a water stone but have x2 of every other stone. maybe it's random, maybe you're not looking hard enough in all areas/using your item finder.

~got any other silly questions that need to be repeatedly answered?

I do, what do I do with this piece of mail i found? it's a key item, has number 2 in the title.

*I've yet to get stuck or lost, and have explored all areas except the underwater portions, that's next. I have zekrom(worn down premier ball), uroruroroboros lvl 70 bug fire(one ultra ball full health?), the 3 legendary fighters, and am wandering the lands looking for one of the jinni(the weather cloud guy) thing now.

my starter is on level 26 in the box. go grass monkey, that funky monkey.

rocky505

i've read all the posts in this thread and have found the majority of them to be about where/when can i find X pokemon or where/when can i find X item. retarded.

serebii has a very decent pokedex filled with this information.

if a TM you want can't be acquired before E4, too bad, pokemon, too bad. trade someone with the move to give it back or the monster in question.

~you can get Ice Beam before 8th Gym, I gave it to my ice cream cone, you might want to try exploring all areas before asking "seeminlgy harmless" questions. It learns ice beam by Level up that is how it got it -_-

~about victini and zorua, i have no idea, i suggest one person (OP) fidn the info, cause its in this thread, and slap a big ole' faq in the beginning of stuff covered that will undoubtedly get asked. I would like help her also, as I'm using a DSlite, i don't know if i can do it properly.
~if an event happens and you can't progress, try beating the gym leader, or exploring a new area, sometimes events take place in certain orders.

~after 7th gym, go to route 4, the desert, to the ruins, walk across quicksand, make it to the bottom, afterwards go to 2nd gym, get your fossil revived(1st is turtle, 2nd is bird), continue on to 8th gym town by way of the passageway in northeast corner of 7th gym town.

~want HM05 waterfall? it's alllllllllllll the way to the left between your home town and the first or second city. check areas to start out surfing on, and keep going,
somewhere in that area.

~i have no idea how you get certain evolution stones. i have yet to find me a water stone but have x2 of every other stone. maybe it's random, maybe you're not looking hard enough in all areas/using your item finder. Go to the ground gym city and surf over to the lighthouse

~got any other silly questions that need to be repeatedly answered?

I do, what do I do with this piece of mail i found? it's a key item, has number 2 in the title.

*I've yet to get stuck or lost, and have explored all areas except the underwater portions, that's next. I have zekrom(worn down premier ball), uroruroroboros lvl 70 bug fire(one ultra ball full health?), the 3 legendary fighters, and am wandering the lands looking for one of the jinni(the weather cloud guy) thing now.

my starter is on level 26 in the box. go grass monkey, that funky monkey.
My comments are in bold.

TrainerGreen

Gym Leader
level 35, or ice beam, tm13.

whatever that place is, game's in japanse, i dont even know the proper names for the town since i can't find a map of the overworld with names.

thanks for being helpful!

xobybr

where do you get the bike? i just got to Huin. also, i cant read japanese so what HM does the second gym leader let you use and were do you get the HM?

Status
Not open for further replies.