• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a timid Volcarona and a jolly Zekrom - which do you believe would be the better to teach "fly" to? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Edit: They were bot apparently met at LV 40, so they are legit.

Level is hardly the only factor in determining a Pokemon's legitimacy.

Capture location as just as important in regards to whether or not they'll trigger the events properly.

I know from experience, having gotten a level 40 Thunderus from the GTS that was caught on route 3 (An impossibility). It wouldn't trigger the event.

Level is hardly the only factor in determining a Pokemon's legitimacy.

Capture location as just as important in regards to whether or not they'll trigger the events properly.

I know from experience, having gotten a level 40 Thunderus from the GTS that was caught on route 3 (An impossibility). It wouldn't trigger the event.

ahhh.... that was the problem. what are the legitamate routes for one then?

RoseNitemare

You might have just mssed it. It's near the bottom, to the left. If you still can't find it, you may have to have beaten the gym first
I'm not finding it. And I beat the gym a while ago. =/ I recall picking something up back then, but if I picked it up, then it should be in my bag. And the gym was the last thing I did in that town (always is)...

cashuin

Problem with Friend Codes

Aloha all
My issue is that I am unable to register any friend codes. Platinum or Soul Silver to Black. Good games not fakes for all 3. Help please cause this old person keeps getting told "that is not a valid friend code" and she has tried everything but calling Nintendo. She will feel very dumb at this age asking this question of them. Serebii doesn't make me feel that way.
Mahalo!

Rakurai

Aloha all
My issue is that I am unable to register any friend codes. Platinum or Soul Silver to Black. Good games not fakes for all 3. Help please cause this old person keeps getting told "that is not a valid friend code" and she has tried everything but calling Nintendo. She will feel very dumb at this age asking this question of them. Serebii doesn't make me feel that way.
Mahalo!

B/W are unable to trade with DPP/HGSS, therefore, you can't register friend codes from those games.

You can only transfer Pokemon over post E4 via a building on Route 16.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Aloha all
Mahalo!

That is because you can't trade with fc in plat or soulsilv its the 4th gen. The 5th gen is seperate, the only way to trade pokes is the pokeshifter thingy

I'm not finding it. And I beat the gym a while ago. =/ I recall picking something up back then, but if I picked it up, then it should be in my bag. And the gym was the last thing I did in that town (always is)...

Oh yeah, you also need to talk to a random boy in a house who says he dropped a treasure on the runway

Hm I have a question in regards to the moves thief and covet;

They still seem to take items from my opponents yet I cannot seem to find the items stolen on my pokemon after the battle. How do these moves work now?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Hm I have a question in regards to the moves thief and covet;

They still seem to take items from my opponents yet I cannot seem to find the items stolen on my pokemon after the battle. How do these moves work now?

Here it says that, "Thief no longer steals non-player character's Pokémon's items permanently" in Generation V. So I guess that explains it.

For Covet, I'm pretty sure you can steal items from Pokemon. Just make sure you're not holding anything and that you're not stealing items from Pokemon from the Battle Subway because those are returned after battle.

I have a question about the battle video which has been annoying me. Every so often when I try to upload a random match up battle video to Wi-Fi through the GTS it says something kind of like 'Sorry there seems to be a problem with the Pokemon in the video'. Now I am assuming it's not a problem with my Pokemon because the same Pokemon I have used and recorded random match with have uploaded successfully at other times... Can anyone shed some light?

DarumakkaImposter

So if im at N's castle and i defeat reshiram or zekrom (instead of catching it)it'll keep reviving until i catch it? If so does that mean I can EV my stats there for a while?

yes you can keep challenging it until you want to catch it. as long as your part pokemon and storage system isnt full of pokemon that you can catch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.