• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Does Magic Guard encompass of everything that Overcoat can do? Overcoat prevents weather damage, but Magic Guard prevents indirect damage, which apparently, weather damage is part of. So would it be wrong to say Magic Guard is almost strictly better, if not strictly better than Overcoat?

It is. My Reuniclus had Magic Guard, and it did the same thing that Overcoat would have done in Sandstorms and hailstorms (Plus a heck of a lot more.) So yes, it is a lot better.

Legendary Dreams

It is. My Reuniclus had Magic Guard, and it did the same thing that Overcoat would have done in Sandstorms and hailstorms (Plus a heck of a lot more.) So yes, it is a lot better.

Thanks. A shame my Reuniclus has Overcoat. (It has neat IVs though, so I won't be changing it.)

Dark Latios

Beautiful Tragedy
I was too lazy to wait for a Deino with dark pulse so I'm using crunch instead. My attack and sp attack only differ by 20 points. I was wondering where would be a good spot to get some attack evs?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
How far are you in the game currently?

Would the relic castle count as a cave for the dusk ball to work?

Not exactly. I believe the background has to be dark blue in order for it to count as a 'cave'. I'm not 100% sure, though.

Dark Latios

Beautiful Tragedy
Chadelure
Shadow Ball
Flame burst (I think thats what its called)
Psychic
Will o wisp

Soon as you're done beating the e4

Shadow ball
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Calm mind

=epic

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I'm done with pretty much everything if that helps. Well, except the e4 second round.
You're farther then me, but I noticed that a lot of trainers I've seen use pokemon that give attack evs.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Not exactly. I believe the background has to be dark blue in order for it to count as a 'cave'. I'm not 100% sure, though.

I'm pretty sure Dusk Balls work inside no matter what time of day, but I'm not completely sure.

I do believe so, not 100% positive, but I've never had any trouble with the few I did throw in there.

Great, two conflicting answers that are not 100% sure. Can I have a third opinion?

Dark Latios

Beautiful Tragedy
You're farther then me, but I noticed that a lot of trainers I've seen use pokemon that give attack evs.

._. I'm such a nerd I was done with the e4 and all that good stuff in less than 3 days.

Thanks I'll probably google it if nothing comes up.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Where are there trainers you can fight again and again for exp. I know the sports dome and ferris wheel in Nimbasa and of course the E4, but any others?

Why couldn't they have added a vs seeker.

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
Ok, such a noob question here!
Can vanyone recommend a good party for Elesa, all of my Pokemon either have a weakness to one of her Emolgas' types or their attacks are only super effective on one of emolga's types and not very/ no effective on the other... anyone know a good moveset/ Pokemon party to have I'm really stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.