• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

barath

PokemonOwn

I'm just saying that there is a better place to EV Train your Attack stat.
Only for High-Leveled Pokemon (35 above):

On Route 1, Surf to the secret part, (Not to Route 17 or 18) and fight in the grass.

Watchog - 2 Attack
Herdier - 2 Attack
Scraggy - 1 Attack

With a Power item, and Pokerus, and a Double battle, you can get a maximum of 24 Attack EVs!

Zalbar

Fabio Minccino
Have a female Murkrow with the DW ability Prankster, attempting to get one with Super Luck, but aftervhatching a dozen eggs that ALL had Prankster I'm wondering:
In gen 5 do females with DW abilities have ANY chance (however slim) of producing offspring without the DW ability?

Last edited:

Moodbeam

Could someone please explain to me how I access the Dream World to catch new Pokemon? I tried earlier, using Game Sync on the CGear (is that right?) and just got a message to say it was undermaintenance before it disconnected me. So, can I not access the Dream World at the moment? :L

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
Could someone please explain to me how I access the Dream World to catch new Pokemon? I tried earlier, using Game Sync on the CGear (is that right?) and just got a message to say it was undermaintenance before it disconnected me. So, can I not access the Dream World at the moment? :L

The error gives you the name of a website. Going to that website you'd know exactly why it wasn't working.

Game Sync and Ranked battles won't be available in English until Mar. 31

Moodbeam

So I can't actually access the Dream World yet to catch older Pokemon? It's just I'm sure I've seen people talking about using it. Is it possible they were referring to Japanese versions of the game? I don't mind waiting, and of course, if the recent disasters in Japan increase the waiting time that cannot be helped, I was just wondering is all, after I'd seen other people talk of using it.

ThousandMaster

Magic School Dropout
The man who gives you musical props is supposed to stop when you've got all 99 props, right? Well, I'm nowhere near, and he's stopped giving me props. Two days ago he gave me something. Yesterday? Nothing. Today? Nothing. I'm willing to bet he won't give me a prop tomorrow either. Any ideas why?

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
The man who gives you musical props is supposed to stop when you've got all 99 props, right? Well, I'm nowhere near, and he's stopped giving me props. Two days ago he gave me something. Yesterday? Nothing. Today? Nothing. I'm willing to bet he won't give me a prop tomorrow either. Any ideas why?
same thing happens to me, he won't give me any more items and I'm positive I do not have all the 99 props yet

ThousandMaster

Magic School Dropout
How exactly do I get to the Entralink area? I'm a little confused about that.

Use your C-Gear's wireless function and just press the "Entralink" button, it'll take you there. Then, you can walk to the shimmering wall thing on either side, and it'll search for any signals nearby and connect to them. You can then walk through the wall and it'll take you to the other player's entralink.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Excuse me, but when you Trade Online in the Mode where you chose 3 Pokémon and the other person choses 3 (nagotiation), can i trade for, lets say, Arceus, even if i haven't seen one before?

PokemonOwn

Did you change the DS clock, or change DS's?

So I can't actually access the Dream World yet to catch older Pokemon? It's just I'm sure I've seen people talking about using it. Is it possible they were referring to Japanese versions of the game? I don't mind waiting, and of course, if the recent disasters in Japan increase the waiting time that cannot be helped, I was just wondering is all, after I'd seen other people talk of using it.

It will be up on the 30th of March.

Have a female Murkrow with the DW ability Prankster, attempting to get one with Super Luck, but aftervhatching a dozen eggs that ALL had Prankster I'm wondering:
In gen 5 do females with DW abilities have ANY chance (however slim) of producing offspring without the DW ability?

Yes, you still have a chance.

LunGhost

It's freezing
I putted a male munna with telepathy and a female snivy whithout dream world ability in the day care. Can i get a snivy with dream world ability?

Last edited:

Zalbar

Fabio Minccino
Excuse me, but when you Trade Online in the Mode where you chose 3 Pokémon and the other person choses 3 (nagotiation), can i trade for, lets say, Arceus, even if i haven't seen one before?

Any non-event pokémon youbor they have can be traded even if the other person hasn't seen it. AFAIK event pokémon can only be traded in the union room and wi-fi club.

Bugfan-Eric

Beginning BugTrainer
could someone answer my question the black&white guide says for zekrom or reshiram my box and party have to be full for it too be at the dragonsprile tower, is this true or can I just ko it and catch it afrter the story without filling my box?

PokemonOwn

Nope, same DS and same time, I didn't even change it for Daylight Savings Time. I might have used it in a different DS once to transfer Pokemon, but I'm using the same one as usual when I get the props.

You must not have changed the time for 24 Hours. If you used it in a different DS, it still counts for the loss. Try tomorrow.

@Bugfan-Eric: If you KO it without having your party and your PC full, it restarts. You must capture Reishram/Zekrom in the game to progress.

Last edited:

ThousandMaster

Magic School Dropout
You must not have changed the time for 24 Hours. If you used it in a different DS, it still counts for the loss. Try tomorrow.

It was in the same DS for 24 hours, though, so there was no time change. I'll try again tomorrow, but considering today is my trying again tomorrow from yesterday, I'm not too confident about it. Regardless, thanks either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.