• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo
Before the league, are the sports dome and ferris wheel only place to battle trainers daily?

There are a couple of trainers in a house in the northern part of Opelucid City that will battle you in Triple/Rotation Mode every day. That's it, I think.

For Entralink
after u have registered someone in pal pad can u connect with them on entralink?
i know they have to be on, but is entralink for in life ppl to ppl or wifi?

Local Wireless, meaning they have to be physically close to you.

seithecs

Okay, I have a bit of a problem. Having just beat the E4/Plasma castle, I want to explore the rest of teh region. However, all the trainers on the new routes are extremely strong, much stronger than my ingame team ATM, and those are still my strongest Pokemon, as I have no access to a second DS to transfer my HG stuff. Where are some good places to train a team of pokemon all around lv 52?

Well, I had the same problem at first but I realized soon after my first couple of fights that even though they were nearly ten levels above my best pokemon, I could take them down easily enough. If anything they've been the only legitimate challenge in this game so far. Just use items properly and don't try to bulldoze your way through them blindly and you'll do fine. The AI isn't smart enough to take advantage of their level. The hardest fight I had was against a Purugly that used Attract and Swagger and I had terrible luck(if you can call it luck).

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Please help. I have asked around and NO ONE has an answer for me.

I have heard there is an IV Checker in the Subway Station. I see four trainers, none speak to my pokemons IV's. I need to know this!!!

Is it post-E4 only? Is my game screwed up? Everyone else is like "Yeah, in the battle subway there's this guy..." but there IS NOT. There are four people, 3 just smalltalk while one asks me how I want to be greeted wirelessly etc.

what are beneficial natures for a Sawsbuck ?

Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Atk) or Jolly (+Speed, -Sp.Attack)

I don't see why you'd like to use Sawsbuck, considering it has terrible Sp.atk and all its Grass moves are special.

Dunsparce4prez

Ok, so I've reached White Forest. It's development isn't great, but there are a number of people there (4 connected with pokemon) but the grass is paltry and there is NO water to surf in at all. Will it continue to develop or am I stuck with what I have?

DarumakkaImposter

if i KO volcarona can i battle the E4 and will it be there again? i didnt i just want to find out cause all my pokemon are high levels

Dread318

Okay, another EV training question. I lead with a Vanillite with a Macho Brace, then switch out to another Pokemon. Then I defeat a Litwick. Is the EV hand out Vanillite gets 2, then the other Pokemon gets 1? Or do they only get one each?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
they look cool :)

I agree, but it's really a shame that it has no physical grass type moves that can benefit its high attack stat.

Venomrec

i cant find wild charge & earthquake. i know wild charge is in virctory road, but where? The same goes for Earthquake.

DarumakkaImposter

Okay, another EV training question. I lead with a Vanillite with a Macho Brace, then switch out to another Pokemon. Then I defeat a Litwick. Is the EV hand out Vanillite gets 2, then the other Pokemon gets 1? Or do they only get one each?

http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml i hope this turns out to be a link but....

it says all about evs on the link provided (hopefully) above ^

Last edited:

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
There are a couple of trainers in a house in the northern part of Opelucid City that will battle you in Triple/Rotation Mode every day. That's it, I think.

Local Wireless, meaning they have to be physically close to you.
Ok, thank you.

Dread318

http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml i hope this turns out to be a link but....

it says all about evs on the link provided (hopefully) above ^

It is helpful, however the last sentence in the paragraph I'm looking at is kind of sketchy.
However, if you were to send out Mudkip first with Macho Brace and Pokerus and switch, it would gain the four Effort Points.

I'm ALMOST positive that it's talking about the Mudkip (which is the one he's trying to EV train in the example). But it might also be that he's talking about the Blaziken getting the EV points. Sorry, but I just need a little clarification. Thanks.

DarumakkaImposter

It is helpful, however the last sentence in the paragraph I'm looking at is kind of sketchy.

I'm ALMOST positive that it's talking about the Mudkip (which is the one he's trying to EV train in the example). But it might also be that he's talking about the Blaziken getting the EV points. Sorry, but I just need a little clarification. Thanks.

hes talkin about the mudkip b/c macho brace would add 1 more ev from the carvaana and pokerus would doublr the two.
So if your Mudkip had EXP. Share attached to it and your Blazekin defeated a Carvanha, both would get 1 EV point, if they could.

The 1 EV point means if they beat it i guess

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Horn Leech isn't that bad. I mean, BP is 75, but it heals you, so...

Oh, I completely skipped that move when I was looking at its movepool. If that's the case, then 1 grass STAB move is all it needs. (Horn Leech) 75 x 1.5 (STAB)=112.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.