• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFoxWVU

^Btw corroded arceus, I thought it was the console that didnt support WPA. The only console that does support that is the new 3DS. The others all need WEP

Incorrect. I have a DSi and Pokemon Black. I can use GTS just fine on our wireless WPA encrypted network. I could NOT use it with Pokemon Platinum.

It depends on the game, not the system.

elorasheppard

Incorrect. I have a DSi and Pokemon Black. I can use GTS just fine on our wireless WPA encrypted network. I could NOT use it with Pokemon Platinum.

It depends on the game, not the system.

My apologies I didnt know that :). My Ds lite wont connect to the internet on my WPA and black and I was told that was the reason.

Now im puzzled.

DarkFoxWVU

My apologies I didnt know that :). My Ds lite wont connect to the internet on my WPA and black and I was told that was the reason.

Now im puzzled.

You know, maybe we're both right. My house mate has White with a DS Lite. He mentioned not being able to use our wireless. Perhaps the DSLite - for whatever reason - has issues with the WPA encryption. I *know* that up until Black/White, WPA did NOT work with the specific games, but I can definitely use it on my DSi.

Curious.

Also, does anyone have a solution for my Black City issue I posted above?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Could somebody, please, explain how you can trade online with a specific person? I'm gonna trade Manaphy for Celebi, but i have no idea what i have to do about friend codes and such... I really need help. Please explain i detail, cause i am really stupid and i dont wanna do wrong...

Krozoa

hi, i know you cannot transfer pokemon with HM to Black and White, then whow can I trade my surfing and flying pikachu to 5th gen?? can they be relearned with the move relearner???

cabooseman

hi, i know you cannot transfer pokemon with HM to Black and White, then whow can I trade my surfing and flying pikachu to 5th gen?? can they be relearned with the move relearner???

I'm pretty sure you can make them forget the HM from one of the guy in the game. I just forgot where.

Skibob

BUCKET
Could somebody, please, explain how you can trade online with a specific person? I'm gonna trade Manaphy for Celebi, but i have no idea what i have to do about friend codes and such... I really need help. Please explain i detail, cause i am really stupid and i dont wanna do wrong...

Alright, first you have to obtain the Pal Pad, a key item. Check to see if you have it in the key items pocket of your pack. If not, go to the city with the first gym and into the building with the scientist lady from earlier, when you rescued Munna. On the second floor, one of the characters will give you the Pal Pad if you speak to them.

Second, you absolutely need Wi-fi, unless you're trading with a friend you know personally in real life. If so, you can trade over wireless infrared with them using the C-Gear. But I'm assuming you want to trade with anyone in the world, so.... If you don't have wireless Internet where you are, you'll need to find some place that does to use.

If you haven't set up Wi-fi for your DS, save and restart the game. Then follow these instructions from Nintendo's website.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/connect.jsp
for a DS original or DS Lite
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dsi/en_na/usb/index.jsp
for a DSi or DSi XL.

After you set up Wi-fi, get back into your game and go to any Pokemon Center. On the second floor, talk to the guy in the middle. If you have no one registered in your Pal Pad, he'll ask if you want to connect to Nintendo WFC to get your friend code. Say yes. You'll connect briefly then disconnect. If you go to your Pal Pad, use it and go to the menu that says "(YOUR NAME)'S FRIEND CODE" and write down the code you see.

To trade with other people, you must give the person that code. They should give you their own code, which you also register in the second option of the Pal Pad. The name you give them doesn't matter, just the code. Afterwards, if you both return to the guy in the Pokemon Center you can connect any time.

If you're both connected to Wifi with the Pokemon you want to trade, you should be teleported to a room with a person walking around. Talk to them to connect, then select the trade option from the menu that comes up. If they talk to you first the game will probably ask you if you want to trade, either way say yes.

Once you get to the main menu, select the Pokemon from your party or box that you want to trade. They should select the Pokemon you want in return. Confirm you want to trade the two, then from the new screen select which Pokemon you're wanting to trade for. If you both confirm yes, then your trade has begun. You should see a screen where your Pokemon is leaving and being replaced with the new one.

Afterwards you can disconnect from the menu, then leave the room to disconnect from Wifi. You should be returned to the Pokemon Center with your new Pokemon.

That was as in-depth an explanation I could give at 7 AM, hah.

How do you determine the nature of a pokemon that you breed? Is it just random?

Nature of a Pokemon is completely random when breeding, unless one of the parents with a nature you want is given an Everstone. This increases the chances of the baby inheriting the nature by 50%, I believe.

Seem

Hollen i ven.
How do you determine the nature of a pokemon that you breed? Is it just random?

Nature of a Pokemon is completely random when breeding, unless one of the parents with a nature you want is given an Everstone. This increases the chances of the baby inheriting the nature by 50%, I believe.

Pretty sure if the mother parent is holding an ever stone, the offspring has a 50% chance of inheriting that nature. Not the father.

Ausgirl

K I downloaded the liberty ticket for the Victini event but for some reason the guy won't let me on the boat. Instead of saying 'Do you want to go to Liberty Garden Island? Your right on time. We'll be departing soon, so please wait on board' he says 'It's small compared to a luxury liner, but the size of the ship doesn't change the feeling of adventure when your out on the open sea.' What am I doing wrong?

MOGARFU

Avery, EV Trainer
A question if you would. Where is a good place to train pokemon against trainers with level 50s? (After first elite 4 and capturing Zekrom. By this time, the elite 4 would now have level 70s)

seithecs

A question if you would. Where is a good place to train pokemon against trainers with level 50s? (After first elite 4 and capturing Zekrom. By this time, the elite 4 would now have level 70s)

I suggest doing what I did and facing off against the high leveled wild pokemons and taking on the high leveled trainers. Despite their level advantage the AI isn't smart enough nor are their pokemon good enough to be a real threat. If you're smart and play carefully (don't get too reckless) you can take them down without much difficulty. To be safe, save before each trainer fight just in case.

MOGARFU

Avery, EV Trainer
K I downloaded the liberty ticket for the Victini event but for some reason the guy won't let me on the boat. Instead of saying 'Do you want to go to Liberty Garden Island? Your right on time. We'll be departing soon, so please wait on board' he says 'It's small compared to a luxury liner, but the size of the ship doesn't change the feeling of adventure when your out on the open sea.' What am I doing wrong?

Wrong pier I think. Try walking all the way to the left as far as possible (while one the street) and continue to the very end and you should be at the last pier. That is the pier that takes you to the island. Or have you even picked up your liberty pass yet? You must go to a pokemon center first and talk to the delivery man. If you have done all this, IDK what's wrong. Sorry pal.

Originally posted by Seithecs.
I suggest doing what I did and facing off against the high leveled wild pokemons and taking on the high leveled trainers. Despite their level advantage the AI isn't smart enough nor are their pokemon good enough to be a real threat. If you're smart and play carefully (don't get too reckless) you can take them down without much difficulty. To be safe, save before each trainer fight just in case.
O thanks. I started training against level 65s with trainers at around 12 last night. I just didnt know if that would be too hard for me.

Last edited:

cabooseman

Hey. I'm basically looking for help on picking Pokémon.
I've looked at this thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=469359
And it helped me out a lot.
But I don't know which Pokémon to use and why I should use them.
Any help?
Thanks!

I started with Tepig but ended up doing a New game after getting my 3rd badge. It just wasn't my style. Then I restarted with the Water Starter and I'm loving it. He's fun to train.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Skibob
Wow, Thanks! Really Detailed, to! Thank You So Much!

MOGARFU

Avery, EV Trainer
^ Thanks this is why it wasn't working. Victini here I come!

Glad I could help. He is at level 15. I recommend paralyze and then catch. He comes back if u knock him out and exit the room and come back. I used this to my advantage and trained against him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.