• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarumakkaImposter

I am currently headed for Victory road, but I get stuck when Cheren wants to challenge me one more time. Before I fight him, I did save....

He has the grass starter and I have the water starter. His starter's leaf blade is slicing through my team. My fire pokemon aren't very strong so they are sitting in the day care (should have put them there much sooner). I know that Flying and Ice Types can defeat him, but my flying is only at level 35 or 36 and my ice types have little training right now.

Where's the best place to train the Pokemon to get them stronger? I am going to use the lucky egg to help with the EXP points to level up...

I have a Munna, but that's not a type that can defeat him.

Thanks for any help!

the grass before you fight cheren would help

waternate

Is it just Me or is it after the elite four your team feels really weak. My team is around lvl 53 and i'm facing trainers that are useing 65s. Is this normal or am I just weak?

I had that, and it gets really tiresome levelling up against wild pokemon. they're the only things left in the game weak enough to battle against until you start hitting 60

DarumakkaImposter

Is it just Me or is it after the elite four your team feels really weak. My team is around lvl 53 and i'm facing trainers that are useing 65s. Is this normal or am I just weak?

id trin in victory road using the lucky egg. dont fight the league again thouigh b/c their pokmons levels are 71 and the champions is 75

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
Alright. Although it's annoying to get 6 pokes to 60s I guess it's gotta be done :/. Thanks

Jaden

Information Merchant
hey guys, I caught an Axew with Mold Breaker, but when it evolved, it's ability changed to Rivalry. Is this a glitch? I was under the impression that pokemon kept the same ability when they evolved if their evolution also possesses it (which fraxure does)

The pain about this is that Rivalry keeps costing me battles :mad:

As far as I'm aware of, that shouldn't be possible. Axew is a dual ability species so it should retain it's ability after evolving, unlike single ability poke that has 50% chance for each if it's evolution has a dual ability.

Two possibilities: Glitch or it had rivalry from the start.

Are you sure it had mold breaker? Not to doubt you're claim but when your poke has mold breaker a message "<name> has Mold Breaker!" should be displayed before the battle.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Alright. Although it's annoying to get 6 pokes to 60s I guess it's gotta be done :/. Thanks

If you want the level grinding to go by faster, you could make your way over to the Giant Chasm, and fight the level 50ish Audino there.

Most of the trainers on the way there use unevolved Pokemon, and aren't much of a threat despite the level difference, and the ones that do use tough Pokemon are generally avoidable (Though still perfectly beatable with the proper tactics).

DarumakkaImposter

yeah.

it was a bother for me but once i transfered my pokmone over from 4th gen then the e4 was a breeze and i trained my pokmone using the exp. share. the lead pokmone didnt get any exp. cause they were all lv. 100

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
Alright I'll try that. I was killing the audino near te elite four but lvl 50s must be huge exp. Any idea how much?

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
yeah.

it was a bother for me but once i transfered my pokmone over from 4th gen then the e4 was a breeze and i trained my pokmone using the exp. share. the lead pokmone didnt get any exp. cause they were all lv. 100

I might wait to do that. I'm waiting for the tier list and movesets to come put on smoogon based on that i think I'll pick my competative team. The team I'm useing now is just my in game team. Any idea when smogons gonna have 5th gen pokemon?

DarumakkaImposter

hey guys, I caught an Axew with Mold Breaker, but when it evolved, it's ability changed to Rivalry. Is this a glitch? I was under the impression that pokemon kept the same ability when they evolved if their evolution also possesses it (which fraxure does)

The pain about this is that Rivalry keeps costing me battles :mad:

you might want to use the glitch section for more hepl on this.

i have heard of this so i hope it isnt bad. it happened to my friend (when he first started the game) but he was scared that it was a glitch so he restarted the game. i wouldnt suggest doing that. and my friend was at the begining.

DarumakkaImposter

I might wait to do that. I'm waiting for the tier list and movesets to come put on smoogon based on that i think I'll pick my competative team. The team I'm useing now is just my in game team. Any idea when smogons gonna have 5th gen pokemon?

hopefully soon but it might take a while with al the research they do

Jessie Mulay

Anyone know what a Standard OU battle is on Wi - Fi? And What kind of pokes are used?

Like all L. 100's?

Jessie Mulay

lucky. i must have done over 100 SR hatching for a girl larvesta until i finally gave up

SR is Soft Resetting right? If so, you can't do that. The egg contents are determined right when you get the egg from the man. If it was a male, and you saved, it will always have the same stats and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.