• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunsparce4prez

Where I can find berry for lowering EV? And is there a place for planting berry?

I could be wrong, but I don't think they're available in game yet.

I had a question of my own. I have an adamant Deino, IVs below.

Hp--17
Atk--27
Def--21
SpAtk--11
SpDef--31
Spd--16

How should I split my EVs? Max Atk and HP?

Crunch, Outrage, Thunder Wave?, and then what?

Thanks, this'll be my first EV trained poké.

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo
I have a Woobat with the Unaware ability. What stat changes does this ignore? Could you be, like, really really specific? Does it ignore things like my Calm Mind boosts, or a SpDef drop on the opponent form Shadow Ball? And what about Speed and Attack drops from Paralysis and Burn, respectively?

"Unaware ignores the foe's positive or negative stat changes, with the exception of Speed. For example, if the foe uses Iron Defense, and a Pokémon with this ability uses a physical move on the foe, the damage dealt will be the same as if Iron Defense was not used. Likewise, if the foe has previously been affected by Tail Whip, damage dealt to it by the Pokémon with Unaware will be as if Tail Whip had not been used." - Bulbapedia

Hmm.
Well, according to that, it ignore both positive and negative changes, and to all stats, except Speed.

I'm assuming this includes Status, such as Burn, but I'll see if I can dig up other info.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
"Unaware ignores the foe's positive or negative stat changes, with the exception of Speed. For example, if the foe uses Iron Defense, and a Pokémon with this ability uses a physical move on the foe, the damage dealt will be the same as if Iron Defense was not used. Likewise, if the foe has previously been affected by Tail Whip, damage dealt to it by the Pokémon with Unaware will be as if Tail Whip had not been used." - Bulbapedia

Hmm.
Well, according to that, it ignore both positive and negative changes, and to all stats, except Speed.

I'm assuming this includes Status, such as Burn, but I'll see if I can dig up other info.

So, it only affects the foe, then? I read Smogon's definition and it confused me haha >.<
Thanks, I guess this means I can safely use Calm Mind on Woobat.

NoirTHECHA

Son Of Godric!!!
So to get this straight... You can now Masuda Method and use the everstone trick at the same time right?? Cause I've heard so many different answers.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master

Rakurai

I could be wrong, but I don't think they're available in game yet.

I had a question of my own. I have an adamant Deino, IVs below.

Hp--17
Atk--27
Def--21
SpAtk--11
SpDef--31
Spd--16

How should I split my EVs? Max Atk and HP?

Crunch, Outrage, Thunder Wave?, and then what?

Thanks, this'll be my first EV trained poké.

A typical Hydreigon would use either a mixed moveset with a nature that boosts attack and lowers defense, or a purely special moveset with a timid or modest nature.

Though if you want to use that one, I'd just use 252 attack EVs, 252 speed EVs, and 6 HP EVs.

Crunch, Outrage, Earthquake, and whatever filler move you feel like using would be good.

PokemonOwn

So to get this straight... You can now Masuda Method and use the everstone trick at the same time right?? Cause I've heard so many different answers.

Yes, it works.

Would Sigilyph be a good switch from Reuniclus? It's sort of annoying me that my Reuniclus doesn't have that many attacking moves, but I really don't want to give up Magic Guard.

Replace Reuniclus. You can use a lot of good TMs on Sigilyph.

Where I can find berry for lowering EV? And is there a place for planting berry?

You can't get them in these games. :/

What should I replace my herdier with? It has the worst possible nature, sassy, which makes it slow as hell and I feel like there's someone better I could be using.

My team is

Dewott: lv 24
Herdier: lv 23
Drillbur: lv 22
Pansear: lv 22

I'm thinking of axing it for a Blitzle.

I would change it for a Woobat/Sigilyph.

yyl012

Andy
Hello
Does anyone know where to get new Musical Props?
I've only got 10 or so from the guy in Opelucid city so far and he's not giving me anymore...

Rakurai

Hello
Does anyone know where to get new Musical Props?
I've only got 10 or so from the guy in Opelucid city so far and he's not giving me anymore...

Do a musical, then talk to the people out in the lobby for a chance to receive musical props from them.

The better you do in the musical, the more likely you are to get props from them (There's five different ratings you can get from what I've seen).

yyl012

Andy
Do a musical, then talk to the people out in the lobby for a chance to receive musical props from them.

The better you do in the musical, the more likely you are to get props from them.

oh i see...
so u actually have to do well in the musical?
i thought i would just go talk to the guy who gives out props in opelucid city for 100 days and receive every prop but that wont work lol
Thank u so much!!!

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
A typical Hydreigon would use either a mixed moveset with a nature that boosts attack and lowers defense, or a purely special moveset with a timid or modest nature.

Though if you want to use that one, I'd just use 252 attack EVs, 252 speed EVs, and 6 HP EVs.

Crunch, Outrage, Earthquake, and whatever filler move you feel like using would be good.

I suggest Draco Meteor or Fire Blast. DM is a powerful move you can use against Physical Walls. It will reduce you SATK harshly, but as you're a physical attacker this usually won't matter to you. Fire Blast is for Skarmory who will definitely wall this set.

Vulpix Master

The Fire Trainer
The guy in Opelucid City has stopped giving me Musical Goods! He just tells me how he loves musicals! Anyone know what's happened? Anything I've done wrong?

EDIT: Just realised someone's asked the same thing above! Sorry!

Rakurai

The guy in Opelucid City has stopped giving me Musical Goods! He just tells me how he loves musicals! Anyone know what's happened? Anything I've done wrong?

It's normal. He only has a small selection of items to give you.

The rest are obtained from doing musicals and talking to your fans after a performance, and by talking to the owner of the musical theater after fulfilling certain conditions.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
When can I battle Bianca?I finished the game,went through all the region and then I went to her house and nothing>.>And where is Cheren?I wanna re-battle him too

Rakurai

When can I battle Bianca?I finished the game,went through all the region and then I went to her house and nothing>.>And where is Cheren?I wanna re-battle him too

Bianca is in Professor Juniper's Lab on Saturdays, which is when she can be battled.

As for Cheren, you need to talk to him on Route 5, after which he'll mention going to Victory Road to train. Then you can find him there in the very last room before the Pokemon League entrance, and fight him on a daily basis.

Vulpix Master

The Fire Trainer
It's normal. He only has a small selection of items to give you.

The rest are obtained from doing musicals and talking to your fans after a performance, and by talking to the owner of the musical theater after fulfilling certain conditions.

Thanks, I thought I had read somewhere that he gives you one once a day until you have them all. Thanks again!

Nikooru-sama

Seasons

We're definitely in March right now...yet my game says Autumn when I start playing, when it should be Spring :S How do you fix that? x

Status
Not open for further replies.