• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstars89

Shiny Ditto Trainer
Nope, it gives 4 Speed EVs per battle. For example, with Power Anklet equipped:

Blitzle yields 1 Speed EV (Natural) + 4 Speed EVs = 5 Speed EVs
Lillipup yields 1 Attack EV (Natural) + 4 Speed EVs = 1 Attack EV and 4 Speed EVs

These results is doubled by Pokérus:

Blitzle with Pokérus yields 2 Speed EVs (Natural) + 8 Speed EVs = 10 Speed EVs
Lillipup with Pokérus yields 2 Attack EVs (Natural) + 8 Speed EVs = 2 Attack EVs and 8 Speed EVs

If you want to get 4x the EV from fighting a target Pokémon, your Pokémon must have Pokérus and Macho Brace equipped. But usually this is less efficient compared to a Pokérus and Power [Item].

Great Response. Appreciate it.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I forgot to answer, no, only the Pokémon equipped with the Macho Brace or Power [Item] will get their bonus (2x or +4 [stat] EVs, respectively). If another Pokémon with no EV boosting item comes in, they will only get the "Natural" EVs obtainable from the target Pokémon. This goes for Pokémon with EXP. Share as well.

TehBrawlGuy~

Also, EVs don't get split like EXP does. Anybody who gets EXP for the fight gets the full amount of EVs that Pokemon naturally gives.

ForeverFlame

Ugh. Landorus won't appear even though I have Tornadus and Thunderus in my party. I'm guessing that I need the Tornadus from my own game?

PokemonOwn

Ugh. Landorus won't appear even though I have Tornadus and Thunderus in my party. I'm guessing that I need the Tornadus from my own game?

Have you gone up to the shrine, and pressed A? I did it last night, and it was fine. Where did you get your Tornadus and Thunderus? Have they been used for this purpose before?

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Or maybe the one you got from a different game was a hacked Pokémon. There have been some reports of that happening.

Dreamcoat

Unfortunately, one of them needs to be from your own game.

I had the same problem with my game, it all worked out fine as soon as I caught the Thunderus that was roaming Unova.

Pikachu1125

Rap Rocker
I have a Cover Fossil, but when I speak to Hawes in the museum he doesn't do anything; how do I get him to revive my fossil?

Dreamcoat

I have a Cover Fossil, but when I speak to Hawes in the museum he doesn't do anything; how do I get him to revive my fossil?
You don't.

You need to speak to the lady on the right as soon as you enter the Museum.

SoulSilverSwampert

Pokemon Breeder
I'm trying to IV breed some Pokemon, is there a better method than just breeding until one is flawless?

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
@SoulSilverSwampert

Well there are ways to manipulate the IVs of the offspring based on the parents' IVs.

Last edited:

Jigglypaul

Grass lover
I'm sure this has been asked. I can't seem to find the answer.

In Black and White is there a man that tells you the iv of your pokemon like in the old games? Thanks.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Oops, sorry, I was supposed to post this on the EV thread haha.

Rakurai

I'm trying to IV breed some Pokemon, is there a better method than just breeding until one is flawless?

Catch dozens of Ditto, and keep checking them until you find ones with a perfect IV in the stat you desire, then use said Ditto in conjunction with the appropriate power item to pass the IV onto the desired Pokemon.

I'm sure this has been asked. I can't seem to find the answer.

In Black and White is there a man that tells you the iv of your pokemon like in the old games? Thanks.

Talk to the elite trainer just inside of the battle subway. He's only there post Elite Four, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.