• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate Glalie

yes and no if the stronger pokemon is lv100 the weaker pokemon gets all of the Ev points but if the stronger one is not 100 they split them
That isn't true. Each Pokemon gets the full amount of EVs, regardless of level.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
i am confused now (yes or no)?
my stronger pokemon maxed ev's already so does that mean its okay to switch?

1ee7leader

How can I get a Scraggy with Ice Punch and Thunder Punch?

Can anyone tell me when Tornadus/Thundurus nature is determined? I havent talked to the lady and met them yet. Also can you use synchronize to pass natures to them?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
can you find a cryogonal anywhere in twist mountain?

It's found on all of the floors in Twist Mountain but there is only a 1% chance that it'll appear during Spring/Summer/Autumn and a 5% chance that it'll appear in Winter. Here's more about that.

Hey I just beat the E4 on my third try. However, is my team in any shape to beat N/Ghetis?

Silver [Tepig] Lvl 61
Swirly [Vanilish] Lvl 52
Amy Rose [Gothetelle] Lvl 50
Kendell [Chandelure] Lvl 50
Cloudy [Whimscott] Lvl 49
Black Doom [Tympole] Lvl 47

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
You should be fine. Although, if I may ask, why are you keeping Tepig, Vanillish and Tympole unevolved? Emboar, Vanilluxe and Seismitoed are much better.

corgimaster4

Error message in Pokémon Black

I bought a copy of Pokémon Black a few days ago, and the game has been operating normally until now. At this point, every time I walk up to a PC in the game and select Amanita's PC and then select any option after that, the game displays a blank blue screen on the top screen and a black screen on the bottom screen with two lines of text: "An error has occurred." "Please turn off the power." The game is unresponsive at this point, and I have to turn off the power in order to start playing again.
The only things that I think may have caused this are a) I traded someone for an egg that hatched into a Deino and b) I received the liberty pass through the wi-fi connection. The error messages only started after these events, but these were both normal game events, so I don't know why they would cause this problem.
The problem still persists even after I have cleaned the cartridge slot and the game's metal connectors. Also, I doubt there is anything wrong with the cartridge or DS because when I restart the game and don't save, the first time I am able to access the Pokémon storage system, the error message does not appear. The game and system are not hacked, and I believe the Pokémon I received in the trade is also legit.
Does anyone know how I might stop these error messages? The game is still playable to a point, but it has limited playability if I'm not allowed to ever change which Pokémon are in my party again.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Hey I just beat the E4 on my third try. However, is my team in any shape to beat N/Ghetis?

Silver [Tepig] Lvl 61
Swirly [Vanilish] Lvl 52
Amy Rose [Gothetelle] Lvl 50
Kendell [Chandelure] Lvl 50
Cloudy [Whimscott] Lvl 49
Black Doom [Tympole] Lvl 47

You should be fine. But maybe you should level up Cloudy and Black Doom to be safe.

You should be fine. Although, if I may ask, why are you keeping Tepig, Vanillish and Tympole unevolved? Emboar, Vanilluxe and Seismitoed are much better.

Silver's actually a friend of mine, so I know for a fact that she isn't. She's just getting the names mixed up.

Does anyone know how to get to the second floor of Abyssal Ruins? Serebii is very vague about the issue and no one on YouTube has been able to find it.

Last edited:

DarumakkaImposter

I bought a copy of Pokémon Black a few days ago, and the game has been operating normally until now. At this point, every time I walk up to a PC in the game and select Amanita's PC and then select any option after that, the game displays a blank blue screen on the top screen and a black screen on the bottom screen with two lines of text: "An error has occurred." "Please turn off the power." The game is unresponsive at this point, and I have to turn off the power in order to start playing again.
The only things that I think may have caused this are a) I traded someone for an egg that hatched into a Deino and b) I received the liberty pass through the wi-fi connection. The error messages only started after these events, but these were both normal game events, so I don't know why they would cause this problem.
The problem still persists even after I have cleaned the cartridge slot and the game's metal connectors. Also, I doubt there is anything wrong with the cartridge or DS because when I restart the game and don't save, the first time I am able to access the Pokémon storage system, the error message does not appear. The game and system are not hacked, and I believe the Pokémon I received in the trade is also legit.
Does anyone know how I might stop these error messages? The game is still playable to a point, but it has limited playability if I'm not allowed to ever change which Pokémon are in my party again.

well it coud br the ds. how old is it? and where did you get the game at?

I hear the iv checker is in the battle subway? Where the hell is he!? I've spoken to everyone and can't find him.

Do i need a special requirement to make him appear?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Has anyone figured out yet which pokemon are best to battle for EV training in each of the stats?

For HP, I battle Ducklet on the bridges for 1 Ev.
For Attack, Lilipup and Patrat on Route 1 each give 1 point.
For Defense, Sewaddle in Pinwheel Forest give 1 point (not sure how common they are, though, since I haven`t EV trained in defense of these games; check here for more spots).
For Special Attack, Litwick in Celestial Tower give 1 point.
For Special Defense, surf in Driftveil City where Frillish give 1 point and Jellicent give 2.
For Speed, Basculin give 2 (I usually surf on Route 1 for them).

pampam88

Pokenerd/Animenerd=D
For some reason my character appeared as a Lass when i set her to an Ace Trainer when i connected to my friend's game. Did i do something wrong? Also not as big a deal, but can somebody translate what the backpacker is saying on the Opelucid City side of Route 11? Same with the hiker at the poke-transfer place.

Last edited:

DarumakkaImposter

For some reason my character appeared as a Lass when i set her to an Ace Trainer when i connected to my friend's game. Did i do something wrong? Also not as big a deal, but can somebody translate what the backpacker is saying on the Opelucid City side of Route 11? Same with the hiker at the poke-transfer place.

are you playing as a girl in the game? and you can change who you look like on your trainer card.

Status
Not open for further replies.