• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waternate

I have a question...?

Basically I'm trying to get a Sawk with max EV's in Attack and Speed. I have used ten Proteins, and equivalent number of Pokemon battles in order to max my attack EV's but now I am moving on to maxing out my Speed stat, but the game has disalowed me to use any Carbos' on my Sawk? I have not EV trained any other stat other than Attack on Sawk.

Any ideas or explanations as to why the game will not allow me to use any Carbos' on Sawk?

were you using a macho brace or a specific power item, and what were you training against? if you go against trainers, it's very easy to pick up unwanted EVs

waternate

Hola, I have a doubt about the EVs at the Battle Subway. Do the Evs kick in eventhough I haven't reach level 100 outside the Subway, or should I reach 100 with my 3 pokémon before I try the Subway?

just max out your EVs and reach at least level 50 and you're sorted

yaj071093

were you using a macho brace or a specific power item, and what were you training against? if you go against trainers, it's very easy to pick up unwanted EVs

Nope I battled only against Lillipup and Patrat on route 1 aswell as using Proteins, and now I am am going to move onto Basculin's at Challengers Cave but am curious as to why the game won't allow me to use any Carbos' ?

joxxmarie

Eeveelution Obsessor
To change the pokemon there you need to travel to Black City through the Entralink and talk to the people there. The people you talk to affects the pokemon you will then find in White forest.

The problem is, I can only go through my sister's Extralink and I've talked to all of the people there. Do I just have to wait for the people to leave my forest and then talk to the same people over again, or does it have to be someone else's Extralink?

Mister_SGG

Okay, so I'm kinda wondering something: I want a new Dark-type on my team to replace Zoroark, cause I don't like using Illusion. You hardly ever get to see Zoroark itself and that's the only I like about him is his design. So, there are two Pokemon I want to replace him for, but I can't decide which one:
-Scrafty
Decent Defense, okay Attack, poor Speed and Special Attack. I do really like him though.
-Krookodile
Okay Speed, great Attack, okay Defenses, and bad Special Attack.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I used Krookodile on my team and really liked it. Its great as a physical attacker, and has quite a nice moveset. It's almost a really big help during the gym leaders and the E4. Meanwhile, Scrafty is not nearly as powerful, but it's very helpful during the E4 (being super effective against 3 out of the 4 members)

Mister_SGG

I used Krookodile on my team and really liked it. Its great as a physical attacker, and has quite a nice moveset. It's almost a really big help during the gym leaders and the E4. Meanwhile, Scrafty is not nearly as powerful, but it's very helpful during the E4 (being super effective against 3 out of the 4 members)

Okay... I think I'm leaning towards Krookodile, but I've used him before, so I'm still considering Scrafty. The type advantage he has over the Elite Four is no biggie, I always have an easy time with every one but Marshal.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Okay... I think I'm leaning towards Krookodile, but I've used him before, so I'm still considering Scrafty. The type advantage he has over the Elite Four is no biggie, I always have an easy time with every one but Marshal.

In that case I would go with Krookodile. Its much more powerful, can learn better moves, and it has the ability Intimidate, which is always awesome.

yaj071093

I have a question...?

Basically I'm trying to get a Sawk with max EV's in Attack and Speed. I have used ten Carbos' already and battled against Basculin at Challengers cave to fill up my speed EV's to 255 max. The thing is I have just kept battling and battling wild Basculin and have not kept a record of how many EV's I have earned.

I have obviously exceeded my 255 max for the speed stat (as it won't allow me to use any swift wings), but am wondering if... even if your EV's are maxed out in a stat, but continue to train on that stat (so say I infact have earned 510 on the speed stat, although only 255 would only be taken into account) will it deduct when I try to gain EV's in my attack stat.

As I have earned well over 255 in my speed stat, but now I am moving on to train my attack stat, it will not allow me to use any Proteins or Muscle wings on the Sawk, suggesting that I have already used all of the 510.

Do I actually have to record how many EV's I have earned on the Pokemon to avoid this happening, or is it just a game error?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I have a question...?

Basically I'm trying to get a Sawk with max EV's in Attack and Speed. I have used ten Carbos' already and battled against Basculin at Challengers cave to fill up my speed EV's to 255 max. The thing is I have just kept battling and battling wild Basculin and have not kept a record of how many EV's I have earned.

I have obviously exceeded my 255 max for the speed stat (as it won't allow me to use any swift wings), but am wondering if... even if your EV's are maxed out in a stat, but continue to train on that stat (so say I infact have earned 510 on the speed stat, although only 255 would only be taken into account) will it deduct when I try to gain EV's in my attack stat.

As I have earned well over 255 in my speed stat, but now I am moving on to train my attack stat, it will not allow me to use any Proteins or Muscle wings on the Sawk, suggesting that I have already used all of the 510.

Do I actually have to record how many EV's I have earned on the Pokemon to avoid this happening, or is it just a game error?

You have to record the EVs because mistakes can happen. 252 should max out one stat, the other 3 points should be directed toward another stat, due to them being redundant because only 252 will be counted. Use a simple 252/252/4 EV spread instead.

yaj071093

Yes I understand that, but I have only maxed my speed stat and it will not allow me to use any proteis or muscle wings on my Pokemon as if I have already maximised on my EV's which I have not? =\

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Is there a way to KO Zekrom/Reshiram and then come back later to SR for a good nature?

Is it possible to catch both in the same version?

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
If you KO Zekrom/Reshiram, it automatically revives as you need to catch it for the game's story to progress. Also, you can't catch both in one game.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Does anyone know where I can see a Vullaby in White version? I want to get one off of wifi.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Does anyone know where I can see a Vullaby in White version? I want to get one off of wifi.

You cannot see Vullaby in White version. You cannot see its evolved form either.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
It took me awhile but I finally managed to complete the game, and get the Eveelution I wanted!
Is the game out in the US? If so where would I find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.