• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxximuscree

Snorlax User
that uncommon? sheesh. thanks. how do i get the ice dragon? do i need to wait on winter and how to get the flying electric, flying ground of the flying trio?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
that uncommon? sheesh. thanks. how do i get the ice dragon? do i need to wait on winter and how to get the flying electric, flying ground of the flying trio?

Ice dragon? You mean Kyurem? You go to the Giant Chasm which is located east of Lucanosa Town. The Electric/Flying Kami Pokemon is only found in White version, the Flying Kami Pokemon is only found in Black version, and the Ground/Flying Kami Pokemon is only found when you take both Pokemon to the Abundant Shrine. Seasons aren't a factor.

This page pretty much tells you the same thing I did.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
It's not a patience problem. I just don't know why it's not disappearing when it should.

You are only expecting that the purple PKRS sign will go, aren't you? Because that will go, eventually, but the tiny pink (-__-) face will ALWAYS stay on your pokemon once they've caught the 'rus, and its effects will always be present. If you're waiting for that to go...don't hold your breath.

If you are waiting for the active PKRS sign to go, I found that it generally disappears after about 3 days. I assumed that '24 hours' meant clock time, but I think it might actually mean game time...as in the clock for the 'rus isn't counting down when you turn your game off. In other words, play a lot, and it'll go. (BTW this isn't fact, just my experience with it. My pokes kept active rus for a loong time).

But seriously, I'm confused as to why you're so worried about keeping it. It's effects are only beneficial. It's like finding twenty bucks on the street and asking how to get rid of it.

Thanks to those who answered my question...but I only took 2 weeks and 2 days to complete the game, so how come my Black City is empty? And how the hell do I use Entralink? I see it on the map but don't know how get to it. And as for my C gear, whenever I click to turn it on, it freezes and I have to restart...heeeelp...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Where can I find a pansage and pansear? And the percentage likelyhood of encountering them

I'm assuming you mean in the wild? They can be found at Pinwheel Forest and Lostlorn Forest in shaky grass patches. There's a 10% chance they'll appear.

waternate

hi guys
trying to find a cryongal and i'm i am only seeing the ice bear/timburr in twist mountain. PLEASE HELP!!!!

I know how you feel, I'm in the middle of a cryogonal hunt myself :(
it's depressing that his encounter rate is technically increased by 500% in winter, but is still so hard to find.
My trick is to use repels with a level 31 guy at the front of my party, because in certain parts of twist mountain, he only appears at level 31. I figured this has to increase the chance of finding him, though I don't really have any proof that this will work....

*edit*: I got him :) took about 10 or so cubchoos, but he eventually appeared and i caught him

Last edited:

ExMaikel

~Ice Master~
Possible Battle Combination I developed :

I have both Archeop
567.png
and Cofag-something, Yamask's Evolution
cofagrigus.png
on my team.
I'm currently only after the 6th badge but I thought about a strategy on a double or triple battle involving those two on my side.

If I use Protect\Detect by Yamask on my team, while Archeop attacks Yamask with a bug or poison or something that is weak on Yamask, or every other way in fact that Archeop can make contact with Yamask. Then Yamask's ability, Mummy, will pass on to Archeop and his former ability, Defeatlist will exist no longer, so his main flaw will vanish.
So on the first turn, I will be defended by any enemy's attacks, and they could only buff themselfs seccsessfuly. While I will make Archeop a lot stronger and receive just a minor damage ( or not a minor ) on Yamask.

What do you think ? Is there anything wrong in my idea ?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
You are only expecting that the purple PKRS sign will go, aren't you? Because that will go, eventually, but the tiny pink (-__-) face will ALWAYS stay on your pokemon once they've caught the 'rus, and its effects will always be present. If you're waiting for that to go...don't hold your breath.

If you are waiting for the active PKRS sign to go, I found that it generally disappears after about 3 days. I assumed that '24 hours' meant clock time, but I think it might actually mean game time...as in the clock for the 'rus isn't counting down when you turn your game off. In other words, play a lot, and it'll go. (BTW this isn't fact, just my experience with it. My pokes kept active rus for a loong time).

But seriously, I'm confused as to why you're so worried about keeping it. It's effects are only beneficial. It's like finding twenty bucks on the street and asking how to get rid of it.

Thanks to those who answered my question...but I only took 2 weeks and 2 days to complete the game, so how come my Black City is empty? And how the hell do I use Entralink? I see it on the map but don't know how get to it. And as for my C gear, whenever I click to turn it on, it freezes and I have to restart...heeeelp...
I know how pokerus works, as I believe I'm explained already. I know the face wouldn't disappear. >.> And what exactly are you refering to when you say the effects will always be present?

And I no longer have a use for pokerus since I'm done ev training those pokemon and I want it gone because there's other pokemon in my party I don't want to get pokerus. Simple as that. I don't know why some of you keep wondering about that. It has nothing to do with what I came to this thread to find out and just derails the point.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Is this a new feature or was this the case with the past gens where pokerus was present?

So even when the pokemon can no longer spread pokerus, the pokemon itself will still get double the evs? Interesting.

joxxmarie

Eeveelution Obsessor

I had the same problem with my White Forest yesturday.

Though from what I've done on my sister's game (she has Black) you need to go into the Extralink of the version opposite to yours -- in your case it would be White -- and speak to the characters in their White Forest. Some should ask if they could go to your Black City and if you answer 'yes' then they'll be transferred over to your game so that you can battle them.

No idea about the C Gear thing, I would say it was your DS or your location, though mine comes in nearly everywhere. Unfortunately, to access your Extralink, you need your C Gear up and running =/

Anyone know how to change the pokemon that are wild in the White Forest? I know you have to go to someone else's Extralink and talk to the people there, but I've already done that on my sister's Extralink. Do I have to just wait for the people in my Forest to leave or is it something else?

Venomrec

Even after Pokerus poof, the effect will still be there. Your Pokemon will forever gain double EV boost.

This is indeed very true.

Is there a way to get masterballs in here? In other games it was the lotteries top prize.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Well thanks for the help everyone.

This is the 10,001 reply in this thread.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
No. It was the 10,001 reply. But it was the 10,002 post.

Anyway, in the Battle Subway your pokemon get autoleveled down to level fifty if they are 51 or higher. What level are the pokemon you fight if your lower than level fifty?

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
True, true.

Anyways, I think you get bumped up to Level 50. Because I remember doing the Battle Subway before my team was Level 50, and then when I did it, they were.

Bad_Apple!!

Ghost Fiend
No. It was the 10,001 reply. But it was the 10,002 post.

Anyway, in the Battle Subway your pokemon get autoleveled down to level fifty if they are 51 or higher. What level are the pokemon you fight if your lower than level fifty?

Fifty. The opponent will always have the highest possible level.

Status
Not open for further replies.