• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazios

Not even pickup? Well, that's bad...now I gotta get 48 more BP.

All items except expendable ones like Berries and Focus Sash are returned to the owner at the end of the battle.

I can personally vouch for Pickup's not working...ness. It activated against Morimoto's Simisomething and gave me a Petaya Berry, which wasn't there after the battle.

PokeChamp777

PokeChamp777, reportedly in BW EVs are applied straight away. Regardless, EVs are EVs, no matter how you get them. Your Pokemon's stats depend only on base stats, level, IVs, EVs, and Nature; 'history' of how they got them don't have any effect.

I'm not saying history of how they got them. Will my pokemon have less Health @L100 if its EVs get maxed at L28 in comparison to a pokemon who has max EVs @L1???

L1 Pikachu @ 252 HP EV
from L1-L100 it will earn max +(HP)points every level up

when compared to an identical

L28 Pikachu @ 252 HP EV
from L1-28 its EVs were not maxed out, therefor it did not earn as many level up points for the first 27 levels

will the L1 Pikachu have better Health @L100, than the one you start at 28?

OR

will the game make up for it later on and just give you like +6 to the stat

AwesomeTree

I'm not saying history of how they got them. Will my pokemon have less Health @L100 if its EVs get maxed at L28 in comparison to a pokemon who has max EVs @L1???

L1 Pikachu @ 252 HP EV
from L1-L100 it will earn max +(HP)points every level up

when compared to an identical

L28 Pikachu @ 252 HP EV
from L1-28 its EVs were not maxed out, therefor it did not earn as many level up points for the first 27 levels

will the L1 Pikachu have better Health @L100, than the one you start at 28?

OR

will the game make up for it later on and just give you like +6 to the stat

The level won't matter. You get all your EVs in the end. However, it will have less health at 28 compared to level one if you fought against Pokemon and didn't think about EVs from whatever level it was obtained to 28.

Vincetini

Anyone got a meloetta, or genesect or keldeo for trade? i dont care if its hacked, i love meloetta!!

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Okay, this an EV question. I'm new to EV training, building my first team now. Just bred a Heracross with the nature I needed, so I need to know: If I have another pokemon fight, but Heracross holds the exp. share, does it still gain an EV?

m190049

Local psychopath
Okay, this an EV question. I'm new to EV training, building my first team now. Just bred a Heracross with the nature I needed, so I need to know: If I have another pokemon fight, but Heracross holds the exp. share, does it still gain an EV?

Yes. If a Pokemon gains EXP from a defeated Pokemon, it also gains EVs.
Note that unlike EXP, EVs are NOT divided up among each Pokemon in battle.
Each Pokemon gains the full amount of EVs.

Say, for example, a wild Stoutland is defeated, which gives 3 Attack EVs.
Now, lets say two different Pokemon participated in that battle, and another was holding an EXP Share.
All three Pokemon each gain 3 Attack EVs. It is not divided into "1 EV Each"

For more help, check out the just-recently-renovated Effort Values page on the main website.

Last edited:

Turak

Post E4, what is an easy way to train new pokemon? I've been training on Audinos, as I'm too weak for the E4 now, with my pokemon in their high 50s. I've tried a few monotype teams now and have gotten tired of them after going threw the entire game with a bug type team. I'm going to train an all new team again, and am wondering if there is an easier way to level then fighting wild Audinos in the post E4 area that are levels 47-50.

cantab

You may be able to manage the trainers in the Big Stadium and Small Court. They'll be a bit higher levelled than you, but only have a couple of Pokemon each and you can run back to the Pokemon Centre between fights if needed.

Kitto

Ace Trainer
Well, do they need to avoid gaining EVs? If so, put them in the Daycare, then go to Gear Station in Nimbasa, stand in the middle, and tape down the buttons so you run in circles forever. Come back a few hours later.

The only trouble with this method is that sometimes a higher level move that you don't want replaces an egg move that you want to keep. Learnt that the hard way :/

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Post E4, what is an easy way to train new pokemon? I've been training on Audinos, as I'm too weak for the E4 now, with my pokemon in their high 50s. I've tried a few monotype teams now and have gotten tired of them after going threw the entire game with a bug type team. I'm going to train an all new team again, and am wondering if there is an easier way to level then fighting wild Audinos in the post E4 area that are levels 47-50.

Big Stadium, Small Court, Royal Unova, rival rematch @ Victory Road, and wild PkMn within the Eastern Unova region.

Turak

You may be able to manage the trainers in the Big Stadium and Small Court. They'll be a bit higher levelled than you, but only have a couple of Pokemon each and you can run back to the Pokemon Centre between fights if needed.

Big Stadium, Small Court, Royal Unova, rival rematch @ Victory Road, and wild PkMn within the Eastern Unova region.

Thanks you too. I had completely forgotten about the Big Stadium and Small Court. I'd love to do the Royal Unova, but I rarely play during the time it is available, and the last time I tried fighting my rival I got my butt kicked back to Kanto. That's when I decided to ditch my current monotype team.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Ok guys, I REALLY need help with this. I've been trying to trade forever (I tried 3 different people) and I always get Error Code: 86420. My connection bar is fully green, I was able to receive the Liberty Pass and catch Victini, and go battle on Wi-fi. However, I can't trade! It's so frustrating...if this helps, then my router is a Belkin-G+MIMO. Thanks a lot for any help :)

m190049

Local psychopath
Ok guys, I REALLY need help with this. I've been trying to trade forever (I tried 3 different people) and I always get Error Code: 86420. My connection bar is fully green, I was able to receive the Liberty Pass and catch Victini, and go battle on Wi-fi. However, I can't trade! It's so frustrating...if this helps, then my router is a Belkin-G+MIMO. Thanks a lot for any help :)

Support.Nintendo.com - Nintendo DS Family Systems - Error Code 86420
This error occurs when there is a communication problem between players during online gameplay.

There is a chance it is router-related or such, but it sounds to me like it's just server stress.
While features like Random WiFi and the GTS have worked nearly flawlessly for most players...
WiFi with friends has been reported as being horrible glitchy and not working very often.
Just how it goes when a brand new mega-popular game releases.
Supposedly, results have been achieved by some people by just trying and trying again.

Last edited:

Roxas013

Pirate King
if u breed a poke with the dreamworld ability does the eggs have dreamworld abilities too?

Roxas013

Pirate King
ok thankx then
EDIT: the dreamworld eeveelution event pokes can be female and male?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.