• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvallpokemon

Optional Author
thanks a lot!

Larry

How have I hatched 2 Axews within one step of each other even though I received the eggs hundreds of steps apart?

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
I have 2 questions.

if i breed a male zoroark w.night daze and ditto, will the baby have night daze?

If i breed a male hydreigon w.Dark pulse and a female zorua/zoroark will the baby zorua have dark pulse?

Last edited:

Rakurai

How have I hatched 2 Axews within one step of each other even though I received the eggs hundreds of steps apart?

There seems to be some variance in when the eggs actually hatch now, as opposed to being a completely fixed number.

if i breed my hydreigon w.dark pulse with a female zoroark, will the baby zorua have dark pulse?

if i breed a male zoroark w.night daze and ditto, will the baby have night daze?

Hydreigon can't even breed with Zoroark.

As for the second question, that's a no, as both parents need to know the move if the offspring learns it by level-up, and it's not an egg move.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have a question... if i breed my hydreigon w.dark pulse with a female zoroark, will the baby zorua have dark pulse?

No, since they aren't in the same egg group. You'd need to breed Zoroark with a male Lucario or Weavile with the move for the baby Zorua to have Dark Pulse.

Piemonster24

Americus Heracrosius
Oh, sorry for saying yes. I thought they were in the same egg group. But males pass down moves, and females pass down DW abilities and species. That's important to remember.

squirtle_skull_bash

I'm starting to form an EV trained team, however, I'm not very solid on the IV component. I was wondering if you can still do decently against other EV trained teams in general without focusing too much on IV's.

I'm really frustrated because after spending several hours hatching Amoloma I finally got one with a bold nature. I leveled it up to lv. 3 with rare candies and used the IV calculator (I know it won't be too accurate at such a low level) I got the spread of 17/24/19/9/21/26, not ideal for a physical wall. Should I go ahead and train this poke, or will it not turn out too good?

Canto

I've been trying to get an Umbreon with this set from the Singles Rate and Moveset Request Thread:

• Umbreon @ Leftovers
• Synchronise
• Careful Nature
• 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpDef
- Payback
- Wish
- Return
- Curse

Now, I have a Male Skitty with Wish and a Female Eevee with Curse, but when I breed them the baby only has Wish. Am I doing this wrong?

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I've been trying to get an Umbreon with this set from the Singles Rate and Moveset Request Thread:

• Umbreon @ Leftovers
• Synchronise
• Careful Nature
• 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpDef
- Payback
- Wish
- Return
- Curse

Now, I have a Male Skitty with Wish and a Female Eevee with Curse, but when I breed them the baby only has Wish. Am I doing this wrong?

Only male Pokemon can pass moves, female determines species (and may pass Dream World abilities if she has one). So you'll only get the move from the male (Skitty, in this case).

A recommend Smeargle, same egg group as Eevee, and it's Sketch can get any move you want to pass (just make sure Smeargle's male).

EDIT: The best way to make sure Sketch gets the right moves is to get into a double battle and have it use Sketch on your Pokemon after it makes the move you want. Example: Your male Smeargle uses Sketch on Eevee after Eevee uses Curse. Smeargle now knows Curse. Level up or Heart Scale to learn Sketch again, then use it on Skitty's Wish. Smeargle now knows Curse and Wish. Breed Smeargle with Eevee, and the offspring will know both moves.

Last edited:

Ememew

Emerald Mew
My question is this. I just reached route 4 and was wondering When does the fishing rod come in? I am dyeing to go fishing.

Actually, not until after you beat the main story. Unlike previous games, you cannot fish until the post-game, and there's only one rod (the Super Rod).

That said, you can get all Unova-Dex water-dwellers by Surfing (which is obtained after the 6th Badge, just before you enter Twist Mountain).

squirtle_skull_bash

You don't get any fishing rods in Black/White until after the elite four when you get the super rod. I think you get it automatically through the story from one of the characters. You can look it up under items within the black and white section of the main site.

Kewzu

Is it true that only event pokemon have "Fateful Encounter" caues i got this fortress in my black game and it has "Fateful Encounter" on it.
Its from sinnoh so i assume its been transfered from d/p/pt

cantab

I'm starting to form an EV trained team, however, I'm not very solid on the IV component. I was wondering if you can still do decently against other EV trained teams in general without focusing too much on IV's.
For anything that runs 252 Speed EVs, get a max Speed IV.

For other IVs, it's a case of deciding upon your priorities, and your amount of patience. On an offensive Pokemon, whether to go for the maximum attack, or accept a slight power drop in exchange for a big defensive boost, is not an easy decision to make.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Is it true that only event pokemon have "Fateful Encounter" caues i got this fortress in my black game and it has "Fateful Encounter" on it.
Its from sinnoh so i assume its been transfered from d/p/pt

Only event Pokemon can have Fateful Encounter, and only specific ones at that.

Your Forretress is a hack.

For anything that runs 252 Speed EVs, get a max Speed IV.

For other IVs, it's a case of deciding upon your priorities, and your amount of patience. On an offensive Pokemon, whether to go for the maximum attack, or accept a slight power drop in exchange for a big defensive boost, is not an easy decision to make.

Mind you, if you're EVing your offensive Pokemon specifically to take an attack from a certain Pokemon, or your defensive Pokemon #HKO some Pokemon, you'd need a 31 IV to make sure you can accomplish that.

kadaju

What is the best pokemon to catch dittos, or any other, high level. I'm trying to Japanese ditto farm for trades and shiny breeding. But I'm going thru tons of balls to do so. Was thinking parasect with spore and false swipe? Absol with thunder wave false swipe? Anyway all of those are a big pain in the butt to get it seems.

Larry

What is the best pokemon to catch dittos, or any other, high level. I'm trying to Japanese ditto farm for trades and shiny breeding. But I'm going thru tons of balls to do so. Was thinking parasect with spore and false swipe? Absol with thunder wave false swipe? Anyway all of those are a big pain in the butt to get it seems.

False swipe should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.