• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasquee

Hmm...This is what you do:

Step 1-Get someone who has Pokemon Black.

Step 2-Let the person who owns Pokemon Black take people from the White Forest.

Step 3-Now get someone else who has Pokemon Black as well.

Step 4-Take people from their Black City and bring them to your White Forest. Depending on when they beat the game, the people will be different.

Step 5-Talk to the people you took from the Black City and hope they saw the Pokemon you want.

Hope this helps!

D: Sounds horrid. I'm guessing what I've read about people disappearing means they just vanish and we're left with nothing? That's kinda lame :(

I don't think I can find anyone else with black but I do have another friend with white so could that work or do people only go once?

The other thing I don't get is in my friends copy of white when I visit his forest, all the people say they want to go to black city but won't actually go.. what's the deal with that?

Azulart

Shiny Hunter

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
can someone answer my question

Khybon

Rub My Belly?
It should work i got a japenese one lol. Any forgeign pokemon can work for the masuda method

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
yeah im using it with my english pokemon.

Larry

If I breed 2 flawless Pokemon, the egg would be guaranteed to have at least 3 stats with 31 IVs?

waternate

Sorry that this might be a tough one, but is there a pokemon that resist's fire,ice,electric,grass,poison,ground and phychic attack's?

shedinja is immune to all of those types except fire, other than that there isn't anything. (i think)

TothKujata

Generous Trainer!
With people using cheat devices with codes like "all wild pokemon are shiny", won't they flood the market with shinies making them not as valuable as they are? Or are those people not really flooding the market with them? Or those caught using the devices not really shiny?

thetifftiff

Sorry that this might be a tough one, but is there a pokemon that resist's fire,ice,electric,grass,poison,ground and phychic attack's?

Just looking at electric alone, that isn't really possible.

Things that resist electric:
Electric - weak to ground and resists nothing else there.
Grass - weak to ice, fire, and poison and resists nothing else there.
Dragon - weak to ice and resists grass, electric, and fire.

The closest I can think of off the top of myy head is kyurem. It isn't weak to any of the things you listed and resists two of them (grass and electric).

And, of course, shedinja but... well he'll die in a fire. D:

With people using cheat devices with codes like "all wild pokemon are shiny", won't they flood the market with shinies making them not as valuable as they are? Or are those people not really flooding the market with them? Or those caught using the devices not really shiny?

The... market? Are pokemon stocks now?

Most people would prefer a legit shiny to a hacked one. Hacking alters things about the pokemon so if you were to pull apart the code you would see it technically shouldn't be shiny. Of course you cannot tell if something is hacked or not when you're trading on the gts...

I don't think hacking makes a legit shiny any less valueable. Everyone could have a shiny of everything and I would still love the ones I've gotten because I know how rare it really is to find one.

Last edited:

TothKujata

Generous Trainer!
Well, you know what I mean, a Mew is going to be a bit more in demand than say a patrat. And people would be willing to trade a special rare item for a shiny patrat than a normal one. So yes I would say they are a "commodity". But I'm trying to understand why shinies are as valuable as they are with things such as action replay. Surely the lil cheaters who use these things don't have enough morals to hold back and not "snap up" all the legit hard to obtain legendaries.

TothKujata

Generous Trainer!
So the AR "shinies" are obvious fakes? I dont want to trade one of my legendaries for a fake and not know it

sourkraus

Do you have to get your pokemon to level 100 for their EVs to be in full effect for wifi stuff? I wouldnt think so because their level is dropped; but I would like confirmation. Thanks :)

m190049

Local psychopath
Do you have to get your pokemon to level 100 for their EVs to be in full effect for wifi stuff? I wouldnt think so because their level is dropped; but I would like confirmation. Thanks :)
No. As long as they have gained the EV's, they are good at any level.
Whether they are below level 50, or above level 50. Doesn't matter. Their status will auto-adjust.

PokemonOwn

The EVs will be added as soon as you finish the battle where you gain the EVs.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

No. As long as they have gained the EV's, they are good at any level.

It's true that you don't see the full effect until level 100 though. The increase is more noticeable at level 100, because that's when everything has been applied.

m190049

Local psychopath
It's true that you don't see the full effect until level 100 though. The increase is more noticeable at level 100, because that's when everything has been applied.
For different level Pokemon that is.
Though on WiFi, it would not matter if the Pokemon was level 30 at the time or level 100. When used on WiFi, it would be adjusted to level 50 and it's stats would be exactly the same no matter that level the Pokemon actually was.

(Just clarifying.)

Status
Not open for further replies.