• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GioRocket

Team Rocket Forever
whats is it called again?.......Oh training, I see, I see

lol I just thought it was rather strange

Penguinsftw

another question about EV training
I EV trained my Lotad (Hes now at lvl 30)
Didnt notice any difference in his speed stat...
So i went to Litwicks (Remembr all i have trained on so far are basculines)
And i got a special band (The one that speeds up getting SPAtk EVS)
i killed 10 litwicks and checked my stat every single time.
Special atk hasnt gone up AT ALL
What am i doing wrong..
The opecluid girl says my lotad can put more effort
And all its trained in so far is speed
What am doing wrong can somebody help?
(i even checked after he lvled it only added 2 points. it should add more for 10 litwicks shouldnt it?)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
What am i doing wrong..
(i even checked after he lvled it only added 2 points. it should add more for 10 litwicks shouldnt it?)

You don't realize all of your potential stat gains from EPs until Lv. 100.

Hence why we don't have Pokemon with Attack and Speed stats of 70+ terrorizing Little Cup.

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
What am i doing wrong..

Although stat increase calculations happen after each battle, unless you are level 100 you won't see the full effect of your EV training. Also 10 Litwicks aren't very many, you will see an increase after a while.

Skydra

What am i doing wrong..

Are you sure it didn't already have full EVs in those stats?

Edit:
Oh. I shouldve known better -_-
So the stats arent going to go up till lvl 100?
They go up, just not as much.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
What am i doing wrong..

The stat gains from EVs add up to one additional stat for every 4 EVs at level 100. At lower levels, the stat gain still happens, but it is scaled down to reflect its current level. So at level 30, the stat gains from defeating each foe is only about a third of what it would be at level 100 (or approximately one point for every 12 EVs, which will continue to be scaled up as it levels up until the full level 100 value is obtained). So your 10 Litwicks are giving 5 points apiece: at level 30, two points is about right. As it gains levels, the stat gain on its Speed (already done) and SA will become more apparent.

EDIT: Ninjas everywhere! But my point stands, the stat gains are scaled to match its current level and will show more effect as you increase in level after earning them.

Last edited:

Penguinsftw

The stat gains from EVs add up to one additional stat for every 4 EVs at level 100. At lower levels, the stat gain still happens, but it is scaled down to reflect its current level. So at level 30, the stat gains from defeating each foe is only about a third of what it would be at level 100 (or approximately one point for every 12 EVs, which will continue to be scaled up as it levels up until the full level 100 value is obtained). So your 10 Litwicks are giving 6 points apiece: at level 30, two points is about right. As it gains levels, the stat gain on its Speed (already done) and SA will become more apparent.

Ok last question here lol
So i EV train it BEFORE lvl one hundred
Then at i level up it will increase?
Or would a better idea be EV training it at level 99?
(Im sorry im new to this X_X)
(And wow so much help on this forum thanks alot guys :D

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

You can EV train whenever you want, as long as it's before level 100 as Pokemon wont gain EVs if they can't gain Exp. You will only see the full benefits at level 100.

Ememew

Emerald Mew

You get the EVs from the moment you start training. They're there, don't worry. They're just scaled (the way all the stats' factors are) to reflect your current level. You get the increase immediately after battle, it's just multiplied by your current level divided by the maximum level. Training from early on gets just as many points in the final result as does EV training a high leveled Pokemon (assuming you can EV train and it's not already full, which is possible by catching at a higher level or raising in the Day Care). Remember every battle adds to the EVs until they're full.

I hope I'm not just confusing you . . . I'm running on about two hours of sleep due to finishing a final paper and I'm not sure how coherent my thought are.

But let's say you're at level 20 with 252 SAtk (63 points more at level 100 on a neutral nature). 63 x 0.2 (your level out of 100) means you have a noticeable gain of 12.6 points (or 11 more special attack than you would normally have at this level).
Level the SAME Pokemon up to level 30, and the same 252 points you're earned will look like a gain of 18 points. At level 50, it scales up along with the level to become 31 extra SA. The SAME pokemon fully leveled has all 63 extra stat points. It doesn't matter when you start, just level up and it will scale to match the new current level.

Aenea

Creator Of Victory

Noooooooooo, don't EV train it at level 99! You'd have to leave it in daycare or give it rare candies to stop it getting EV's in unwanted stats while it is getting there.

Ultimate Glalie

Does the Box trick work again?
Stats are recalculated at the end of every battle in BW. So if a Pokemon that is at Lv. 100 gets enough EVs to gain an extra stat point from a battle, its stat will increase by 1 straight away, without putting the Pokemon in the PC.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Stats are recalculated at the end of every battle in BW. So if a Pokemon that is at Lv. 100 gets enough EVs to gain an extra stat point from a battle, its stat will increase by 1 straight away, without putting the Pokemon in the PC.

Really? Well I think I'll definitely be taking advantage of that.

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
No, but you can use the Wings you find on Marvelous Bridge/Driftveil Drawbridge to EV them if you're willing to waste seven hours of your life.

Waste? This is Pokemon! Serious business.

XD

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!

XD
well, to us it is, to some people pokemon is being a nerd who is wasting their already idiotical life.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

XD

I have better things to do on my Pokemon games than spend hours searching for Wings, like hunting random encounter shinies, or fishing for shiny Jolly Lv. 100 Magikarp in the Resort Area with flawless IVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.