• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aenea

Creator Of Victory
Hey, what does UU and OU stand for?

Thanks ^^

Lucky Applejack

hug a quagsire today
Alright, hopefully this is the right place to be posting, and hopefully it doesn't get lost. Here it goes: I'm ev training a pikachu in speed right now, and i've read the serebii section on speed ev's; however, i'm still a little confused. I'm battling basculin exclusively and using a power anklet (the item that promotes speed growth), but i'm noticing that it's kinda random how many speed increases im getting per levle growth. For example, in Pinwheel forest, i would battle tons of basculin and get 2, 3, or 4 added to my pikachu's speed on level growth. But when i went to the village bridge to train on the basculin there, i'd only battle around 3 basculin before my pikachu leveled up.

Long story short battling around 15 low leveled basculin in pinwheel forest sometimes gave me only 2 added to speed; whereas, battling around 3 high leveled basculin at village bridge gave me 4 added to speed. Why is this?

Also, i haven't really been keeping track of how many ev's pikachu's been getting... is that bad? If so, can i calculate how many evs he's gotten after all this training?

Thanks in advance!

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Is there anywhere in Black where I can enter Bravairy into my pokedex as seen? Thanks.

projectaumaan

Alright, hopefully this is the right place to be posting, and hopefully it doesn't get lost. Here it goes: I'm ev training a pikachu in speed right now, and i've read the serebii section on speed ev's; however, i'm still a little confused. I'm battling basculin exclusively and using a power anklet (the item that promotes speed growth), but i'm noticing that it's kinda random how many speed increases im getting per levle growth. For example, in Pinwheel forest, i would battle tons of basculin and get 2, 3, or 4 added to my pikachu's speed on level growth. But when i went to the village bridge to train on the basculin there, i'd only battle around 3 basculin before my pikachu leveled up.

Long story short battling around 15 low leveled basculin in pinwheel forest sometimes gave me only 2 added to speed; whereas, battling around 3 high leveled basculin at village bridge gave me 4 added to speed. Why is this?

Also, i haven't really been keeping track of how many ev's pikachu's been getting... is that bad? If so, can i calculate how many evs he's gotten after all this training?

Thanks in advance!

The growth might appear erratic now, but by Lv100 you'll see the full effects. You also need to understand the difference between Effort Points and Effort Values. Serebii has a section for that.

And you're EV training wrong. You need to keep track of all EVs gained. If you know exactly what you've battled, then you can calculate EVs. Otherwise, your training of this particular Pikachu is for naught.

Last edited:

Lucky Applejack

hug a quagsire today
The growth might appear erratic now, but by Lv100 you'll see the full effects. You also need to understand the difference between Effort Points and Effort Values. Serebii has a section for that.

And you're EV training wrong. You need to keep track of all EVs gained. If you know exactly what you've battled, then you can calculate EVs. Otherwise, your training of this particular Pikachu is for naught.

how do you mean? won't it's speed eventually get maxed out and come up as +0 everytime it levels up?

edit: also, when you say i could calculate ev's would that require knowing how many basculin i've fought? (it probably will... just making sure)

and thanks dude

edit 2: also, i'm not sure where the serebii entry is for effort values vs. effort points. I believe that effort points are what you get from battling wild pokemon i.e. a wild basculin gets pika 2 speed points. and effort values are what pika actually has... as in on leveling up she gets an additional 3 effort values to the 136 she already has (i mean, i know where the serebii entry is for ev... i just don't really see where it goes in depth into differentiating the two

Last edited:

projectaumaan

how do you mean? won't it's speed eventually get maxed out and come up as +0 everytime it levels up?
No. Maximum depends on Nature, IVs and EVs.

edit: also, when you say i could calculate ev's would that require knowing how many basculin i've fought? (it probably will... just making sure)
It most certainly does. Any basic EV training guide will tell you this.

and thanks dude
You're welcome. :)

edit 2: also, i'm not sure where the serebii entry is for effort values vs. effort points. I believe that effort points are what you get from battling wild pokemon i.e. a wild basculin gets pika 2 speed points. and effort values are what pika actually has... as in on leveling up she gets an additional 3 effort values to the 136 she already has (i mean, i know where the serebii entry is for ev... i just don't really see where it goes in depth into differentiating the two
This should help you.

EDIT: Also, I should mention that 255 is the max for any stat, but 252 is the usual number you shoot for when training.

Last edited:

Radlin

He Returns.
Hey, I was just wondering, what are you supposed to do when someone uses hacked Pokemon. Both players had an entire team of shinies, and one had a Terrakion, which makes it more suspicious. The first one ended up fainting my entire team, while the other purposely disconnected because I was winning. I really hope that I can report them.

PokemonOwn

Hey, I was just wondering, what are you supposed to do when someone uses hacked Pokemon. Both players had an entire team of shinies, and one had a Terrakion, which makes it more suspicious. The first one ended up fainting my entire team, while the other purposely disconnected because I was winning. I really hope that I can report them.

Judging from that, you have no proof that they are hacked. My friend SRed for a Shiny, Adamant Terrakion, and OHKOed a Pokemon with it on his full team of shiny Pokemon. That certainly wasn't hacking.

However, if they were hacked, then you can't really do anything about it.

Redstars89

Shiny Ditto Trainer
On ebay there is a power seller who sells pokemon games with all pokemon including event ones and all shiny's. They sell tons of these as I watch the bids closely. Is it safe to assume those are hacked?

PokemonOwn

On ebay there is a power seller who sells pokemon games with all pokemon including event ones and all shiny's. They sell tons of these as I watch the bids closely. Is it safe to assume those are hacked?

Again, it's a high risk that you take. Yes, they are probably hacked. Does he sell Pokemon Black and White? If so, they are near certain to be hacked.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Well you could always save next to him and reset your game again and again till you get one ^^; Could do this every day if you wanted.

Also Happiny in White Forest have a 5% chance of having one when you catch them.

I never even thought of this! Thank you!!!

Radlin - if you battled using the Serebii forums then yeah you can report them because hacked pkmn are not allowed...but as you don't really have any solid proof that their pokes were hacked, I'd just stay away from them from now on.

Dattebayo

Banned
Who's the best Unova water type besides Samurott?

Dattebayo

Banned
Jellicent is pretty good.

But I'll be using Gorlurk for my possible Pokemon Grey team depending if Serperior is going to imporve on its movepool.

magentaman

Who's the best Unova water type besides Samurott?

i've used both carracosta and seismitoad in game and they were good. preferred carracosta as after a shell smash he could sweep most things (including ghetsis)

i've heard that some people have done well with swanna in game, but never tried it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.