• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psypert

The guy in black and sunglasses that gives away an item per day in route 13 gave me shoal salt and shoal shell: is there anyone in unova that makes shell bells?

those are not to make a shell bell those are to sell an gain money, but you can get the shell bell in driftveil city, a guys gives it to you if you have seen 50 or more species

Easter Egg

i haz gud grammer
If you time travel (change the time on your ds clock) to make it Winter will White Forest get messed up?

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
Where is the effort ribbon guy or is there one at all and if there isnt is there another way to tell if your done ev'ing ?

Easter Egg

i haz gud grammer
Where is the effort ribbon guy or is there one at all and if there isnt is there another way to tell if your done ev'ing ?
There is no effort ribbon in Pokemon White and Black, and you can tell if you're done EV training by talking to a lady in Opelucid City in a house above the Pokemon Center.

K13

Ok, so I have pokemon white version and I wanted to go to the random 3v3 flat battle wifi room. (The one farthest on the left in the pokemon center). So, I go in and it tells me somthing like, "Your pokemon are not valid to get throught, get new pokemon and come back in". I used an action replay to get my EV and IVs up. I wanted to know the exact rules to how to get in; becasue on of my friends used an action replay to catch his pokemon, teach it moves with the move change code, used the nature changing code, and level it up by used X1000 exp; and he was allowed to play in the room. Can someone tell me what are the rules please. Thanks.

PLEASE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
Ok, so I have pokemon white version and I wanted to go to the random 3v3 flat battle wifi room. (The one farthest on the left in the pokemon center). So, I go in and it tells me somthing like, "Your pokemon are not valid to get throught, get new pokemon and come back in". I used an action replay to get my EV and IVs up. I wanted to know the exact rules to how to get in; becasue on of my friends used an action replay to catch his pokemon, teach it moves with the move change code, used the nature changing code, and level it up by used X1000 exp; and he was allowed to play in the room. Can someone tell me what are the rules please. Thanks.

PLEASE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No AR discussion allowed. Better delete your post before you get infracted.
Cause im nice, you probably put >254 EVS in a stat

Last edited:

Psypert

so when or were are the pinch berries going to be avaible?

VolcaronaZero

Claydol User
so when or were are the pinch berries going to be avaible?

Pinch berries? What are those?

@K13 No cheating device discussion allowed. Plus, AR is for lazy people who just can't play the game right.

Psypert

Pinch berries? What are those?

@K13 No cheating device discussion allowed. Plus, AR is for lazy people who just can't play the game right.

The pinch berries is a popular name to those berries that activate when you are at a quarter (25%) of your Hp and that increase stats or give special effect, like a salac berry or a custap berry for example

fuyu-seetaa

Birthday: 8/14/1997!
First question, most important for me:
Okay, so I have PKMN Black. Play it on DSi, recently restarted it, other junk. So, uh, there's something different about it from when I first played it. See, before restarting it, that big market thing in Black City was there with an Ace Trainer, Clerk, and some third Trainer. But now it isn't there whenever I go! It's just this big, empty space, and three different trainers (to be more specific: Nursery Aide, Youngster, and one of those Fighter guys)! I do not use cheating devices at all. Is there something wrong with my game now, or something? O__o;; Is this because I recently restarted it? Did I not clock enough time yet...?

Second question:
Big Nuggets (and Nuggets if you don't sell them at the Pokemon Centers): Who do I sell them to for money? "A maniac will buy it for a high price"?

Third question:
Isn't there someway to get a device to read the Pokedex in multiple languages? I know that this excists, I had that before I restarted, and I can't remember who or where you get it from...

Forth question:
Also, that Unity Tower thing AND Liberty Garden... aren't even on the map. I mean, the islands are there, but there isn't a green dot (or grey dot if they haven't been visited) on their locations... And I visited the piers and they just make that typical small talk you're tired of hearing, like, "Isn't it nice how Pokemon and people can live together blahblah"

If anyone can help me with these questions, I'll be sososo grateful!!

Geekachu

Okay, so I have PKMN Black. Play it on DSi, recently restarted it, other junk. So, uh, there's something different about it from when I first played it. See, before restarting it, that big market thing in Black City was there with an Ace Trainer, Clerk, and some third Trainer. But now it isn't there whenever I go! It's just this big, empty space, and three different trainers (to be more specific: Nursery Aide, Youngster, and one of those Fighter guys)! I do not use cheating devices at all. Is there something wrong with my game now, or something? O__o;; Is this because I recently restarted it? Did I not clock enough time yet...?

No, Black City empties if you leave it for a while. You need to hook up with White and go to their White Forest, talk to the people, and then you should get more people in your Black City.

Second question:
Big Nuggets (and Nuggets if you don't sell them at the Pokemon Centers): Who do I sell them to for money? "A maniac will buy it for a high price"?

Some guy in the Icirrus Pokemon Centre, he'll also buy Nuggets, Star Pieces, Pearls, for double the sell price of any other Pokemon Centre

Forth question:
Also, that Unity Tower thing AND Liberty Garden... aren't even on the map. I mean, the islands are there, but there isn't a green dot (or grey dot if they haven't been visited) on their locations... And I visited the piers and they just make that typical small talk you're tired of hearing, like, "Isn't it nice how Pokemon and people can live together blahblah"

I think it's because you activate Liberty Garden through event, and Unity Tower through a successful trade on the GTS, so I don't think there will be a grey dot there- they're meant to be kinda mysterious I suppose.

And sorry I didn't know about your third question

Chadrick

Chad!!
i have the event legendary dogs (which activates the zoroark event) on my pokémon white game. would i be able to trade them over the pokémon black and still be able to activate the event or do they have to be done through that special way of transferring pokémon?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
i have the event legendary dogs (which activates the zoroark event) on my pokémon white game. would i be able to trade them over the pokémon black and still be able to activate the event or do they have to be done through that special way of transferring pokémon?

As long as they haven't been used to activate the event in another game, you should be able to trade them and use their effects to activate the Zoroark event in a different game.

RocketFire

Best season ever
Should I use Stoutland or a Starter or another pokemon to start my game?

Aegon

Should I use Stoutland or a Starter or another pokemon to start my game?
I presume you mean which Pokémon is most viable at the beginning of the game. Obviously, the starters are suited for it, as they're designed to help you succeed in the game. You could really just use any Pokémon, if you wanted to. It's not as if you'll fail if you don't use a certain Pokémon.

Easter Egg

i haz gud grammer
I can't seem to encounter Thundurus, I go to the stormy area and use a Super Repel, run around in the grass, but I don't encounter him. How can I encounter him?

Status
Not open for further replies.