• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
What's a good moveset for a 5th gen Arcanine?

I was thinking of going for physical moves only with Adamant or Jolly, but that 100 spec atk stat seems a shame to waste....ideas!?

Aegon

@SasakiThePikachu, it would be best to go for a physical moveset consisting of Flare Blitz/Close Combat/Wild Charge/Crunch, or something similar. Arcanine can pull off a special moveset, choosing from Flamethrower or Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse and the like.

This
should help you.....:D
I seriously doubt that Gen III page will help. >_<

@SasakiThePikachu, it would be best to go for a physical moveset consisting of Flare Blitz/Close Combat/Wild Charge/Crunch, or something similar. Arcanine can pull off a special moveset, choosing from Flamethrower or Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse and the like.

I seriously doubt that Gen III page will help. >_<

I swear it said Gen. 5 ........... >_<

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Which of the DW starters are female? Because I heard some people on the DW trade thread asking for female starters, and IIRC, you can't get any legitimately.

Larry

I have 2 Dratinis to pick from and I can't decide.
Both Adamant

31/31/31/21/3/31

31/31/13/20/23/31

Larry

I was also thinking the second because common Ice moves are Special.

EDIT: I just hatched another one but it doesn't have 31 in Speed and I'm not sure how necessary that is.
31/31/31/25/30/27

Last edited:

valta59

where do i find friend codes and trades?

i'm new to this forum and i just cant figure out how to register friend codes and get people to trade with me? help need, thanks

Aquaholic

Am I missing a trick or something here? I have two Swadloons at levels 39 and 40 and neither of them have evolved. I checked the Serebii 'Dex and it states that they should be at 220 Happiness, which mine both should be at least, especially as the second one has been holding the Soothe Bell since who knows which level ffs...

Larry

Am I missing a trick or something here? I have two Swadloons at levels 39 and 40 and neither of them have evolved. I checked the Serebii 'Dex and it states that they should be at 220 Happiness, which mine both should be at least, especially as the second one has been holding the Soothe Bell since who knows which level ffs...

Your happiness must not be a 220...

Aquaholic

Your happiness must not be a 220...

You're right, my happiness is so far from 220 it's in negative numbers right now. But my Happiness isn't the issue. Stupid Happiness crap. I only want a Leavanny for the Pokédex ffs :/

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
A few questions about shiny hunting. Alright the current method I use for hatching eggs is I save before I pick up my first egg and once I've hatched 5(I have a litwick with flame body in first slot) if none are shiny I SR and restart the process. However I'm being told just collecting as many eggs as possible and hatching them at once is the better way. Is this true and why?

Secondly with Thundurus, do you find out if it's shiny by the encounter in the grass after it shows up at the old person's house or is the sprite shiny?

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
A few questions about shiny hunting. Alright the current method I use for hatching eggs is I save before I pick up my first egg and once I've hatched 5(I have a litwick with flame body in first slot) if none are shiny I SR and restart the process. However I'm being told just collecting as many eggs as possible and hatching them at once is the better way. Is this true and why?

Secondly with Thundurus, do you find out if it's shiny by the encounter in the grass after it shows up at the old person's house or is the sprite shiny?
i doubt they would program in the shiny overworld sprite for that chance, so i would suggest grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.