• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LV100

Retired Master
Are there Ribbons in B/W? Do your Transferred Pokémon keep them? (Assuming that the Ribbon was Given in a older game.)

I dunno if there are any new ribbons, but I know that transferred Pokemon keep theirs.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Are there Ribbons in B/W? Do your Transferred Pokémon keep them? (Assuming that the Ribbon was Given in a older game.)

Ribbons from older games are kept, however, I don't know if any are actually given in Black and White. I haven't gotten any ribbons and I've played for a long time now.

Chris-kun

i still believe
judging from what i received on gts i can say that most pokes hatched on route 3, which is the route the day care is in

edit; problem with the bridges (imo) is that if you dont look on the screen while ridin ye bike upndown you can accidently exit the bridge area.. this ****** me off so i went with breeding on route 3

Route 3's straight path is smaller imo than the sky arrow bridge. just suggesting my place is all :3 I've hatched all my eggs there so far

Some_Chick

Manectric Breeder
hatching on the route by the daycare also means that every time a new egg is produced, the old man will yell at you when you run/ride by. making you face him. for mass breeding operations, its easiest. eggs are produced, hatched or boxed quickly.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have another question related to the Global Link in Black and White. I heard something about one of it's features being usable without having the games. Does anyone remember which feature that was?

LV100

Retired Master
I have another question related to the Global Link in Black and White. I heard something about one of it's features being usable without having the games. Does anyone remember which feature that was?

You can use the dream world without having the game methinks.

Anyways, I'd think anyone who's ever had a wifi battle would be able to answer my question. @_@;

dymew

I have a question: I joined on the link global, but I try to know what to make. I voted and now, here is what displays:

What I make to get back the bottom of screen Pikachu du C-gear?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Ok, I have a question I'd like someone to please test:

Several TMs are no longer available in BW, such as Roost, Brine, Focus Punch, etc. I know that TM moves also act as egg moves in breeding. BUT in BW, does this still apply? For example, TM09 was Bullet Seed in 4th Gen, and was Bulbasaur's only way to learn Bullet Seed. Now that TM09 is something else, can Bulbasaur still learn Bullet Seed by breeding a female Bulba/Ivy/Venusaur with a male that knows Bullet Seed, just like with Egg Moves and TMs? Because if not, then Bulbasaur would be totally unable to learn the move in 5th Gen. (I know Bullet Seed is a sucky move, but this is just for example purposes.)

Last edited:

Rakurai

Ok, I have a question I'd like someone to please test:

Several TMs are no longer available in BW, such as Roost, Brine, Focus Punch, etc. I know that TM moves also act as egg moves in breeding. BUT in BW, does this still apply? For example, TM09 was Bullet Seed in 4th Gen, and was Bulbasaur's only way to learn Bullet Seed. Now that TM09 is something else, can Bulbasaur still learn Bullet Seed by breeding a female Bulba/Ivy/Venusaur with a male that knows Bullet Seed, just like with Egg Moves and TMs? Because if not, then Bulbasaur would be totally unable to learn the move in 5th Gen. (I know Bullet Seed is a sucky move, but this is just for example purposes.)

Any egg moves you see listed in the Pokedex are the only ones they can learn.

Which, among other things, means that getting a Pokemon with a Dream World ability and those old TM moves is impossible, unfortunately.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Okay, maybe this can help some people navigate a little bit:

maine.png

After you receive the C-Gear from Makomo, you can receive your Game Sync ID through the start menu. The menu should possibly look like follows:

Continue
New Game
Mystery Gift
Battle Competition
Game Sync Settings
Wi-Fi Settings
Microphone Test
Use Transfer Machine

Choose ‘Game Sync Settings’ (above Wi-Fi settings) and your Game Sync ID Code will be displayed in a box on the top screen. When registering for PGL, use this code to register your game with your account.

findinggamesyncidcode.png
When entering Global Link through http://www.poemon-gl.com/ you will be required to sign-in using your Pokemon Daisuki Club account. Signing in/registering is at the bottom of the main screen.

When registering a new account, either press the orange new member registration button located in the bottom left of the main screen as seen above, or click here to skip to the member rules page. This should bring you to the following page where it will ask you to type in you to understand a little bit about the PGL. Just click the box and when the button turns from grey to orange; press it.

createaccount.jpg

Now you will be asked to type in your email, confirm your email by typing it in again, password, PGL nickname, gender, date of birth, location, whether you want the mail magazine or not and what type of format you would like the mail magazine to be in. Please keep in mind that your date of birth and gender can't be changed after you create your account. Below is an example of filling this section out:

17784424.png

Next you will be asked to confirm that your information is correct so that you can finalize making your account. Your daisuki club ID should be sent to your registered email address so that you can login. When all your information is correct please press the orange button like in the image below:

16933921.png

Once logged in you have a few choices you can pick from. There will be 5 pokeballs that rotate when you click on them, they are; blue, orange, green, red and pink. Blue is the Pokemon Dream World, orange is your profile page, green is a mailing feature, red is customizing your game and pink is the Global Battle Union.

Pokemon Dream World (PDW) (Blue)
[spoil](temporarily out of service)
[/spoil]
Profile Page (Orange)
[spoil]
profilel.png
Clicking on profile will bring you to a screen boxed into six sections with three section with three on the top and three on the bottom with two tabs separating the top from the bottom. Going in the order from left to right, the top sections are, profile section, software section, friend list section, status section, sleeping pokemon section, befriended pokemon section.

1) Profile Section
There are two button at the top of this section called ‘Avatar Settings’ (1.1) and ‘Profile Settings’ (1.2) respectively. Avatar Settings allows you to change your avatar as shown in the left hand side of that section. Pressing ‘Profile Settings’ will bring you a popup window that gives you the choices Profile Privacy, Register Game Sync ID Code and Block List from top to bottom. Clicking on Profile Privacy allows you to change two privacy settings, from top to bottom you have profile privacy and game friend list privacy. To switch between the levels of security you have to switch the bottom options which from left to right are ‘show to all users,’ ‘show to friends,’ ‘don’t show.’ Choosing the second option will bring you to your Game Sync ID Code registration. Keep in mind that once you register a Game Sync ID with your account, you cannot change the registered ID later. Users are allowed to register a total of two Game Sync IDs, one for Black and one for White. Switching between two registered games happens here as well. Once you have put a Pokemon to sleep in your game, type in your Game Sync ID Code here for it to register with PGL. You are only allowed to register one Pokemon Black and one Pokemon White at max for one account.

2) Software Section
This section tells you the game your playing and the details about it. Switching games is possible by clicking on Profile Settings on the profile section. From top to bottom this section displays your game, trainer name, play time and number of badges earned.

3) Friend List Section
A list of your friends

4) Pokemon Dream World tab
It will display sections 6, 7 and 8 on the bottom half of the screen.

5) Global Battle Union tab
It will display sections 9, 10 and 11 on the bottom half of the screen.

6) Status Section
Shows your status in the Pokemon Dream World (PDW). From top to bottom this section displays your number of dream points, sleep time, and a picture of what your home looks like.

7) Sleeping Pokemon Section
This shows which Pokemon you currently have sleeping on your game.

8) Recently Befriended Pokemon Section
This shows you which Pokemon you have befriended while using PDW for the selected game.

9) Battle Scores
Tells you a summary of your battle record.

10) Competition History
Tells you how well you have done in past tournaments held through GPL.

11) Favorite Battle Videos
Type in the number for battle videos you like.
[/spoil]
Mail (Green)
[spoil]
mailx.png
Receive and send mail to people on your friend's list using this feature.
[/spoil]
Customize (Red)
[spoil]
customize.png
Clicking this option will bring you to a page with three sections of possible customization. From top to bottom they are C-Gear Skins, Pokedex Skins, Musical Program. Click on the design of your choice in each section to change your ingame appearance. Effects take place next time you connect your game with Global Link. To accept changes, press the orange button at the bottom.
[/spoil]
Global Battle Union (Pink)
[spoil]
gbu.png
At the bottom left of this section is the 'Ranking' feature, which is a record of how well you are doing when playing 'Ranking' Wi-Fi battles in your game. To the right of the ranking option is the 'Competition Information' button, which shows GPL competitions that have taken place and ones that are presently going on. By pressing the black 'Details' button on the right side of the screen, you can see a more detailed description of your battle results whether they be for Wi-Fi ranking single, double, triple, shooter or rotation battles.
[/spoil]
Ongoing Campaigns
[spoil]
campaigns.png
You can see the list of current ongoing campaigns by pressing the orange campaign list button at the bottom right of the main screen. The current two campaigns are

1) Pikachu C-Gear Skin Campaign
2) Pokemon Pia Kanto Starter Campaign

When you click on a campaign, you will be brought to another window that asks you to put in passwords to receive the prizes. The Pikachu C-Gear Skin Campaign password should be:

ゆめのせかい

so copy-paste that into the textbox and hit next to add it to the available C-Gear Skins on the customize page.
[/spoil]

Last edited:

LV100

Retired Master
; - ; And could you translate the wifi menu too? lol.

Like the different battle options and things.

I'm desperate. :cry:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Yaminoke that's amazing :D

can you give a little walkthrough of registering there too though?

yep, I can start working on that right after my class and I can add it by the end of the night :)

; - ; And could you translate the wifi menu too? lol.

Like the different battle options and things.

I'm desperate. :cry:

You mean the in-game Wi-Fi menu? If I can find it I can do it haha :p Where at specifically?

LV100

Retired Master
You mean the in-game Wi-Fi menu? If I can find it I can do it haha :p Where at specifically?

Well, I mean when you talk to the middle receptionist in the Pokemon Center, and select Wifi. Then you access the computer at the top to select an activity. As far as I can tell the third option is for battles, but there are so many variables. o.o I couldn't even figure out how to set up a Lv100 single battle.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Well, I mean when you talk to the middle receptionist in the Pokemon Center, and select Wifi. Then you access the computer at the top to select an activity. As far as I can tell the third option is for battles, but there are so many variables. o.o I couldn't even figure out how to set up a Lv100 single battle.

Okay, will-do ... just need a fellow guinea pig so that I can enter further into the menu :p I'll see if I can get someone to do it with me after class so I can write something up :)

LV100

Retired Master
Okay, will-do ... just need a fellow guinea pig so that I can enter further into the menu :p I'll see if I can get someone to do it with me after class so I can write something up :)

You're a life saver! :D If you need me to hop on wifi with you to test it or something I'd be happy to help.

Jolteon Jordan

As Fast As a Star...
I'm having a bit of trouble here. I followed yaminokame's translations and registered and I've synced my game to the Global Link. I was going to do some capaigns so I could get some skins (Pikachu C Gear Skin most specifically), but there's this message coming up and I can't read it (I'm an importing noob), so I was wondering if anyone could help me out with it. This is what I got:

globallinkerrormessage.png

I can make out some of the message, as I know most Katakana symbols. It seems to be something about Pokemon Global Link and Black and White (though that's probably pretty obvious), and something about access. So I don't have access to some parts of Global Link? If that's so, why?

If anyone could help, please do. I'd really like to try out Global Link.

Last edited:

HaruLatz

GUREITO!
Just wondering, does anyone know the criteria to change the trainer card colors yet? I know beating the game changes it, and I'm sure completing the Pokédex will have some effect on it as well... but are there other things I can do to change the color of the card? I'd really like to get rid of this ugly purple color. :/

Rakurai

Just wondering, does anyone know the criteria to change the trainer card colors yet? I know beating the game changes it, and I'm sure completing the Pokédex will have some effect on it as well... but are there other things I can do to change the color of the card? I'd really like to get rid of this ugly purple color. :/

Unlocking every single High Link power-up by raising your Black and White levels to 30 gets you a new color.

I'm guessing there's one related to the musicals, but I haven't figured that one out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.