• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaruLatz

GUREITO!
Unlocking every single High Link power-up by raising your Black and White levels to 30 gets you a new color.

How do I raise levels in High Link? Just do stuff in another person's game? I assume this also means that I would need both Black and White to raise both Black and White levels, or do I just need another game and it doesn't matter which?

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I'm having a bit of trouble here. I followed yaminokame's translations and registered and I've synced my game to the Global Link. I was going to do some capaigns so I could get some skins (Pikachu C Gear Skin most specifically), but there's this message coming up and I can't read it (I'm an importing noob), so I was wondering if anyone could help me out with it. This is what I got:

globallinkerrormessage.png

I can make out some of the message, as I know most Katakana symbols. It seems to be something about Pokemon Global Link and Black and White (though that's probably pretty obvious), and something about access. So I don't have access to some parts of Global Link? If that's so, why?

If anyone could help, please do. I'd really like to try out Global Link.

I was having the same problem this morning. Try logging out and logging back in and then try to access the campaigns. That worked for me.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I'm having a bit of trouble here. I followed yaminokame's translations and registered and I've synced my game to the Global Link. I was going to do some capaigns so I could get some skins (Pikachu C Gear Skin most specifically), but there's this message coming up and I can't read it (I'm an importing noob), so I was wondering if anyone could help me out with it. This is what I got:

I can make out some of the message, as I know most Katakana symbols. It seems to be something about Pokemon Global Link and Black and White (though that's probably pretty obvious), and something about access. So I don't have access to some parts of Global Link? If that's so, why?

If anyone could help, please do. I'd really like to try out Global Link.

It's telling you that you need to put a Pokemon to sleep in order to use whatever you're trying to do. It's telling you to put one asleep in the game and then try re-accessing Global Link

Jolteon Jordan

As Fast As a Star...
I was having the same problem this morning. Try logging out and logging back in and then try to access the campaigns. That worked for me.

I actually tried something different. I went on Internet Explorer and off of Google Chrome and I got the skin (I guess Google Chrome was glitching up or something), so now that problem's solved. But now I have another problem - getting the skin on my game. I figured all I'd need to do was select Game Sync, but when it connects to Wi-Fi, I get this message, and then I'm forced off Wi-Fi. Here's the screenshot:

http://i51.*******.com/fk5g9l.jpg​

It says something about the Game Sync's "Energy" (I think), but what else is it talking about? Can anyone help me out here? Do I need to go somewhere to get things like the skins?

Last edited:

bonustime

Proygon Trainer
so I feel like I must be retarded or something because I am getting stuck on a registration step I've not even seen anybody mention
Jkb1Y.png

I know it can't be mandatory to be part of Pokemon daisuki club to use global link but I can't find any way to get through this screen
am I mistaken about this being about pokemon daisuki club?
have I somehow gotten into the wrong registration process?

aalyphaa

check your email, you will get one that gives you an ID number, it is that number that you use to log in.

Also, I think that we might want to make a seperate thread that has this translated info.

Rakurai

I actually tried something different. I went on Internet Explorer and off of Google Chrome and I got the skin (I guess Google Chrome was glitching up or something), so now that problem's solved. But now I have another problem - getting the skin on my game. I figured all I'd need to do was select Game Sync, but when it connects to Wi-Fi, I get this message, and then I'm forced off Wi-Fi. Here's the screenshot:

http://i51.*******.com/fk5g9l.jpg​

It says something about the Game Sync's "Energy" (I think), but what else is it talking about? Can anyone help me out here? Do I need to go somewhere to get things like the skins?

You can only take one Pokemon out of the Dream World a day.

Which essentially means you can only change your C-Gear and Pokedex skins once a day, too, as taking a Pokemon out of the Dream World is when the skins you choose are applied.

Last edited:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
; - ; And could you translate the wifi menu too? lol.

Like the different battle options and things.

I'm desperate. :cry:

Enter Pokemon Wi-Fi Club and go to the back monitor. There will be 5 choices and they will be as follows:

1) Voice Chat
2) Live Caster
3) Battle
4) Trade
5) Quit

If you choose option 3; Battle, then you get to choose what types of battles you are looking for. The layout looks somewhat like this by default:

1) Battle Style: Single Battle
2) Battle Rules: No Rules
3) Miracle Shooter: Enabled
4) Accept
5) See Rules
6) Quit

By choosing option 1, Battle Style, above you will be given these options:

1.1) Single Battle
1.2) Double Battle
1.3) Triple Battle
1.4) Rotation Battle
1.5) Quit

Choosing any of them will bring you back to the previous menu. Next, pressing the 'A' button on Battle Rules will bring you to a screen similar to:

2.1) No Rules
2.2) Flat Level (Pokemon are reduced to level 50)
2.3) Quit

Again, choosing any of the options will bring you back to the previous menu. The next option that you can change is for the miracle shooter. Hitting 'A' on that option brings up a screen similar to:

3.1) Miracle Shooter Enabled
3.2) Miracle Shooter Disabled
3.3) Quit

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
I'm curious. In Hiun City, there are several people who you can show a Pokemon too, and then several options come up after that. Anyone know what they want?

jtchinoy

Hey guys, I'm have trouble with that screenshot about the dream world energy.
It says that the dream world energy has run out and you have to wait a day to recharge it. I've waited 3 days and it still won't work. Is there something I missed? I have a munna and musharna in my pokebox, and I've tried game syncing on 2 different DS systems.

LV100

Retired Master
Thanks so much Yaminokame! :D

So I guess there isn't a lv100 battle anymore? There went IV checks. ._.

Rakurai

How do I raise levels in High Link? Just do stuff in another person's game? I assume this also means that I would need both Black and White to raise both Black and White levels, or do I just need another game and it doesn't matter which?

Pretty sure you need someone with the version of the other color to max out your levels, as you seem to gain levels in the color of their version whenever you do missions, and gain levels in the color of your version whenever you complete a set of six missions.

Though I haven't actually stumbled across someone with the same version as me to clarify this or not.

Road

Shiny Master
I really hate to ask because I know it's in this thread somewhere, but um...For the love of me, I can't start the sign-up process for the global link. I think I just enter my email and birthday on the main screen, right?

(Maybe we need a step-by-step instruction somewhere? >w>)

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Okay, I've added registration stuff:

maine.png

After you receive the C-Gear from Makomo, you can receive your Game Sync ID through the start menu. The menu should possibly look like follows:

Continue
New Game
Mystery Gift
Battle Competition
Game Sync Settings
Wi-Fi Settings
Microphone Test
Use Transfer Machine

Choose ‘Game Sync Settings’ (above Wi-Fi settings) and your Game Sync ID Code will be displayed in a box on the top screen. When registering for PGL, use this code to register your game with your account.

findinggamesyncidcode.png
When entering Global Link through http://www.pokemon-gl.com/ you will be required to sign-in using your Pokemon Daisuki Club account. Signing in/registering is at the bottom of the main screen.

When registering a new account, either press the orange new member registration button located in the bottom left of the main screen as seen above, or click here to skip to the member rules page. This should bring you to the following page where it will ask you to understand a little bit about the PGL and accept their terms of use. Just click the box and when the button turns from grey to orange; press it.

createaccount.jpg

Now you will be asked to type in your email, confirm your email by typing it in again, password, PGL nickname, gender, date of birth, location, whether you want the mail magazine or not and what type of format you would like the mail magazine to be in. Please keep in mind that your date of birth and gender can't be changed after you create your account. Below is an example of filling this section out:

17784424.png

Next you will be asked to confirm that your information is correct so that you can finalize making your account. Your daisuki club ID should be sent to your registered email address so that you can login. When all your information is correct please press the orange button like in the image below:

16933921.png

When signing in finally you will use the member ID you got through your email and your password:

58441289.jpg

Once you return back to the main menu you will then be asked to create a PGL Nickname (keep in mind that it does NOT have to be the same as your daisuki club name that you registered earlier) and then register your Game Sync ID. To find out where the Game Sync ID is, please see the above section "finding game sync id." The layout should look like this:

gamesyncidregistration.png

Type in the information above, hit the black button to register and then you will be asked to confirm the registration information.

Once logged in you have a few choices you can pick from. There will be 5 pokeballs that rotate when you click on them, they are; blue, orange, green, red and pink. Blue is the Pokemon Dream World, orange is your profile page, green is a mailing feature, red is customizing your game and pink is the Global Battle Union.

Pokemon Dream World (PDW) (Blue)
[spoil](temporarily out of service)
[/spoil]
Profile Page (Orange)
[spoil]
profilel.png
Clicking on profile will bring you to a screen boxed into six sections with three section with three on the top and three on the bottom with two tabs separating the top from the bottom. Going in the order from left to right, the top sections are, profile section, software section, friend list section, status section, sleeping pokemon section, befriended pokemon section.

1) Profile Section
There are two button at the top of this section called ‘Avatar Settings’ (1.1) and ‘Profile Settings’ (1.2) respectively. Avatar Settings allows you to change your avatar as shown in the left hand side of that section. Pressing ‘Profile Settings’ will bring you a popup window that gives you the choices Profile Privacy, Register Game Sync ID Code and Block List from top to bottom. Clicking on Profile Privacy allows you to change two privacy settings, from top to bottom you have profile privacy and game friend list privacy. To switch between the levels of security you have to switch the bottom options which from left to right are ‘show to all users,’ ‘show to friends,’ ‘don’t show.’ Choosing the second option will bring you to your Game Sync ID Code registration. Keep in mind that once you register a Game Sync ID with your account, you cannot change the registered ID later. Users are allowed to register a total of two Game Sync IDs, one for Black and one for White. Switching between two registered games happens here as well. Once you have put a Pokemon to sleep in your game, type in your Game Sync ID Code here for it to register with PGL. You are only allowed to register one Pokemon Black and one Pokemon White at max for one account.

2) Software Section
This section tells you the game your playing and the details about it. Switching games is possible by clicking on Profile Settings on the profile section. From top to bottom this section displays your game, trainer name, play time and number of badges earned.

3) Friend List Section
A list of your friends

4) Pokemon Dream World tab
It will display sections 6, 7 and 8 on the bottom half of the screen.

5) Global Battle Union tab
It will display sections 9, 10 and 11 on the bottom half of the screen.

6) Status Section
Shows your status in the Pokemon Dream World (PDW). From top to bottom this section displays your number of dream points, sleep time, and a picture of what your home looks like.

7) Sleeping Pokemon Section
This shows which Pokemon you currently have sleeping on your game.

8) Recently Befriended Pokemon Section
This shows you which Pokemon you have befriended while using PDW for the selected game.

9) Battle Scores
Tells you a summary of your battle record.

10) Competition History
Tells you how well you have done in past tournaments held through GPL.

11) Favorite Battle Videos
Type in the number for battle videos you like.
[/spoil]
Mail (Green)
[spoil]
mailx.png
Receive and send mail to people on your friend's list using this feature.
[/spoil]
Customize (Red)
[spoil]
customize.png
Clicking this option will bring you to a page with three sections of possible customization. From top to bottom they are C-Gear Skins, Pokedex Skins, Musical Program. Click on the design of your choice in each section to change your ingame appearance. Effects take place next time you connect your game with Global Link. To accept changes, press the orange button at the bottom.
[/spoil]
Global Battle Union (GBU) (Pink)
[spoil]
gbu.png
At the bottom left of this section is the 'Ranking' feature, which is a record of how well you are doing when playing 'Ranking' Wi-Fi battles in your game. To the right of the ranking option is the 'Competition Information' button, which shows GPL competitions that have taken place and ones that are presently going on. By pressing the black 'Details' button on the right side of the screen, you can see a more detailed description of your battle results whether they be for Wi-Fi ranking single, double, triple, shooter or rotation battles.
[/spoil]
Ongoing Campaigns
[spoil]
campaigns.png
You can see the list of current ongoing campaigns by pressing the orange campaign list button at the bottom right of the main screen. The current two campaigns are

1) Pikachu C-Gear Skin Campaign
2) Pokemon Pia Kanto Starter Campaign

When you click on a campaign, you will be brought to another window that asks you to put in passwords to receive the prizes. The Pikachu C-Gear Skin Campaign password should be:

ゆめのせかい

so copy-paste that into the textbox and hit next to add it to the available C-Gear Skins on the customize page.
[/spoil]

Last edited:

Zerono

Need help with a good Physical moveset for Daikenki. Its got 182 attack and 179 special attack and knows Surf, Ice Beam, Slash and Revenge. It has special moves cause it used to be full special.

Status
Not open for further replies.