• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Does anyone have the locations for each of the sages?

Here you are. I just typed in "sages" in the search function and found it haha. Seems accurate:

Route 18, western most part on the beach.

Abandoned Lot of Dreams, in the eastern section that opens post E4. Can't miss him.

Ancient Castle, bottom section, head south for as many rooms as possible, then just head west.

Freezer Container, in the small container where you confronted Team Plasma earlier.

Electric Rock Cave, can't recall whether he was on second or third floor, but was in the southernmost part.

Route 14, up a waterfall, and in plain sight.

Last edited:

Rakurai

...bleh, so you can't. And there isn't even a VS Seeker. Suddenly I am tempted not to get the game. D8;

It's really not as bad as it sounds, since overall, you get a lot more EXP from every Pokemon you KO due to the new EXP formula, which rewards more EXP in general, and grants you even more EXP from KOing higher leveled Pokemon, and less for weaker Pokemon (Though only after a certain point, slightly weaker Pokemon still give normal EXP).

All it does is encourage you to level a team of five or six Pokemon instead of powering through it with one strong one.

Janna

stay sweet
It's really not as bad as it sounds, since overall, you get a lot more EXP from every Pokemon you KO due to the new EXP formula, which rewards more EXP overall, and grants you even more EXP from KOing higher leveled Pokemon, and less for weaker Pokemon (Though only after a certain point, slightly weaker Pokemon still give normal EXP).

Yeah, that's very true... I just really want to be able to rebattle gym leaders. :< Ah well. Can't please them all.

Yumeka

Anime/Pokemon Fan
I'm trying to find Kyuremu in the Giant Hall but I can't figure out how to move on from the second room (the one with all the trees and grass). I see stairs in the upper right corner and something that looks like water in the middle but I can't find out how to get to them.

This is my first time logging into the forums after quite some time, so I apologize if this question was already addressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaruLatz

GUREITO!
I'm trying to find Kyuremu in the Giant Hall but I can't figure out how to move on from the second room (the one with all the trees and grass). I see stairs in the upper right corner and something that looks like water in the middle but I can't find out how to get to them.

This is my first time logging into the forums after quite some time, so I apologize if this question was already addressed.

You have to make your way to the center of the forest-place. There, you'll find a sort of dried up lake. A cutscene will occur and the whole forest will be frozen over. Go north and you'll find an entrance to a small cave where Kyuremu is. Those stairs are for exiting that cave when you're done with Kyuremu.

yaminokame

やみのかめ

crap, sorry about that yumeka T.T ... i messed up again :/

09f9486b54fb7ee75a1f4bbc4fa6eee3.gif

light green is grass and dark green are trees. Try to get to the E in the middle

Rakurai

Does the trainer card level up, and if it does, how so?
I can't really tell...

First upgrade you get is purple, the second is red.

Only upgrades I can confirm so far is one from beating the main story, and one from getting all of the High Link power-ups.

AwesomeTree

I have a question, I'm sorry if it has been answered. I tried to search.

The Pokeshifter. Is it possible to use it with my Japanese DSiLL and my numerous other Australian DSi's/DS Phat? If so, would they be locked forever on my Japanese White or could it be possible to trade them to my English version, when it's released? I know that question may be a little unanswerable at the current time, so I apologise.

Rakurai

I have a question, I'm sorry if it has been answered. I tried to search.

The Pokeshifter. Is it possible to use it with my Japanese DSiLL and my numerous other Australian DSi's/DS Phat? If so, would they be locked forever on my Japanese White or could it be possible to trade them to my English version, when it's released? I know that question may be a little unanswerable at the current time, so I apologise.

You can only shift Pokemon from a JP copy of DPP/HG/SS to B/W.

But I'm assuming that trading between games is unrestricted by region as it was in the fourth gen (It's not really a Global Trade System otherwise), so they wouldn't be stuck on that game, even if you could.

AwesomeTree

You can only shift Pokemon from a JP copy of DPP/HG/SS to B/W.

But I'm assuming that trading between games is unrestricted by region as it was in the fourth gen.
Alright. Thank you for the rather prompt reply. :)

I was also wondering, if you know, where I can find a water stone? I really want to evolve my water monkey (I have a hard time of remembering the Japanese names) but it's practically the only stone I don't have.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was also wondering, if you know, where I can find a water stone? I really want to evolve my water monkey (I have a hard time of remembering the Japanese names) but it's practically the only stone I don't have.

Hiun City unless you already got a stone from the scientist at the dock, or Hodomoe City.

First upgrade you get is purple, the second is red.

Only upgrades I can confirm so far is one from beating the main story, and one from getting all of the High Link power-ups.

Great. I won't be able to do the High Link missions till the games come out in English...I'm the only person around here that has gotten or will get a Japanese copy of BW.

Most likely completing the Pokedex and getting a 100 win streak in the Battle Subway will upgrade the card as well. As for the fifth upgrade, who knows?

megamonk4

Determined Trainer
I don't see a 5th gen trade thread up yet so I hope its okay for me to post asking here.

Can someone trade me a Baruchai? Any Nature and IV will do. I have all version exclusives(bar Reshiram and Torneros) except Baruchai. I'm willing to trade any of white pokemon exclusives(bar Zekrom and Voltros).

AwesomeTree

Another question, if I find free wifi in Australia, can I get my mitts on the Liberty Island ticket? I was in Japan and couldn't find a single properly free wifi.

megamonk4

Determined Trainer
I wanted to know if someone could trade me a Baruchai.

Status
Not open for further replies.