• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
How do I use the Battle Competition (ranked battles from what I've heard) feature in the main menu? Everytime I try it kicks me off and says I need to make a PGL account (when I have and have synced my game fine), but I can do random battles fine in the pokemon centre (unranked). Tried searching for an answer but didn't find much.

Arande

The battle competition is used for when they have tournaments through GL. So far there are none scheduled.

TO do ranked matches go into wifi after selecting which battle mode. When you are in (the screen with the blue grids) you have 3 options: normal, ranked, and quit.

Only ranked matches show up on GBU or your GL profile.

Blake.S

I have a few questions.

Is the alternate form Pichu (I think it's spiky eared) available in this game, or does it just appear as a normal one?

Are there foreign dex entries?

Are there lots of Gender Differences, or just the one bird and two jellyfish?

Thanks in advance.

Rakurai

I have a few questions.

Is the alternate form Pichu (I think it's spiky eared) available in this game, or does it just appear as a normal one?

Are there foreign dex entries?

Are there lots of Gender Differences, or just the one bird and two jellyfish?

Thanks in advance.

You can't even transfer the Spiky Eared Pichu, as far as I'm aware.

There are foreign dex entries.

As for the gender differences, the ones you mentioned are the only ones.

GameMaster0000

Chaos Nightmare
When roaming pokemon nature and IV is created? First battle or once it is start roaming?

Maru

Iron Maiden ~
When roaming pokemon nature and IV is created? First battle or once it is start roaming?
That things are set from the first time you battle it, as well as if it's shiny or not. (Well, at least on 4th gen was that way)

Girathommy

I am in the DW! Yeah
How do I use the Battle Competition (ranked battles from what I've heard) feature in the main menu? Everytime I try it kicks me off and says I need to make a PGL account (when I have and have synced my game fine), but I can do random battles fine in the pokemon centre (unranked). Tried searching for an answer but didn't find much.

Did you put your Pokemon in the battle box on the PC?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Maybe talk to someone to unlock it, too? I vaguely recall that needing to happen in DPt maybe HGSS

I think I recall having to talk to some man in D/P/Pt too, though I'm wondering who in B/W I have to talk to in order to unlock the foreign Dex entry feature. So many NPCs, so little time :s

Evil Kitten

You get the National Dex when talking to the people in the starter town after seeing the credits the first time.

saikkussu

- this is my update that i said i was going to give you guys. ;3
I DID IT!!!!!!!!! :D I got a shiny Victini <3 It took for frikken EVAR! But it took less than 24hrs total so it wasn't that bad. I can't decide what to nickname it. :p

I also need help finding people with 5th gen to trade various things with.
I have 2 of the monkey trio and i need Boappu. but for some reason a regular boappu is more elusive than shiny victini for me XD or the yanappu dominated the other two like a weed. i got erufuun more than anything that wasn't a tabuune.
And that's my update :3

Charizard

Soul Trainer
1. You can transfer the older ones once you beat the Elite Four, but its a one way trip like Pal Park.

2. The Dream World itself is on the internet, and it gives you access to Pokémon that have different abilities than normal, and sometimes even moves. Those appear in the High Link Forest after your Pokémon returns There are three catches though: 1. You can only send one Pokémon a day, 2. you can only access it for one hour a day, 3. You can only befriend one Pokémon a day.

But can I transfer EVERY POKEMON? Even the wifi gifts like the recent Mew? Because someone just said you can't transfer the spiky eared pichu which implifies not all pokemon can be transferd. Thanks

AwesomeTree

A simple question for those who understand Japanese, where does it say the nature of a Pokemon? Trying to hatch an Adamant Kaburumo.

A simple question for those who understand Japanese, where does it say the nature of a Pokemon? Trying to hatch an Adamant Kaburumo.

It's the first blue word in any Pokemon's information page. Use this if you need help translating.

My question:
How do I expand the area for growing berries in the Dream World?

AwesomeTree

Because I'm too lazy to check for IV's, I've got myself a Mega Horn Adamant Kaburumo. (crazy about part steels, and the evolved form has wicked attack.) I'm gonna start EV training it, but should I evolve it first, or EV train it completely, then evolve it?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
But can I transfer EVERY POKEMON? Even the wifi gifts like the recent Mew? Because someone just said you can't transfer the spiky eared pichu which implifies not all pokemon can be transferd. Thanks

The Spikey-Eared Pichu was different, it couldn't ever be traded at all. Not even to other HG/SS games.

You need to accumulate 1800 Dream Points.

Where does it say how many Dream Points you have?

GameMaster0000

Chaos Nightmare
Because I'm too lazy to check for IV's, I've got myself a Mega Horn Adamant Kaburumo. (crazy about part steels, and the evolved form has wicked attack.) I'm gonna start EV training it, but should I evolve it first, or EV train it completely, then evolve it?

You must do EV training once you got him, level up by battle will make him may get unneed EV and it hard for EV counting(except level up by day care or rare candy)

Where does it say how many Dream Points you have?

On profile page at bottom left.

Status
Not open for further replies.