• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

undrhil

Pokémon Game Addict
I actually liked it better the way they did it in Diamond/Pearl, where you just had to see all of the Pokemon. You would be surprised what you can accomplish getting on GameFAQs and requesting trades for a while. :) I completed the National Dex before I got to the E4 and was able to use my Kyogre and Swampert as part of that final onslaught. ;)

Liquid Luck

Total noob question here, but I know you can access the Dream World right after getting the C Gear, but I thought you couldn't get pre-Unova Pokemon until after the Elite 4... Or is that excluding the Dream World Pokemon?

Ju-da-su

Total noob question here, but I know you can access the Dream World right after getting the C Gear, but I thought you couldn't get pre-Unova Pokemon until after the Elite 4... Or is that excluding the Dream World Pokemon?

...Well, people who said "you can't get pre-Unova pokemon until after Elite 4" is being a bit wide with the statement. There are a couple of ways you can obtain pre-Unova pokemons before Elite 4. DW is just one of them. You can also traded pre-Unova pokemons with someone else's BW as soon as you have your FC and can transfer crown beasts and Celebii over via Transfer Machine as earlier as the fourth gym. It's not like you CAN'T get any pre-Unova at all until after Elite 4. It's just that, you can only CATCH them in wild after Elite 4. ._."

Last edited:

Liquid Luck

Alright, that's what I thought, and I was so confused about it haha but I assumed you could get the DW Pokemon before the E4, but thanks for your help.

kemal07

Can someone explain to me what the lucky egg actually does, I have looked it up but just wanted to be sure. I wonder if i've recieved one in my Platinum and HG, I never noticed it before :S????

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Can someone explain to me what the lucky egg actually does

it's on the main site's itemdex....

http://serebii.net/itemdex/luckyegg.shtml

it increases the EXP gained by a Pokemon holding that item.

Before B/W, the only way to get one is through wild Chansey, and even then, it has only 5% chance to hold Lucky Egg.
It's actually easy to get in HG/SS since there is a Chansey swarm and you can use Trick/Switcheroo/Thief on them since they are outside the Safari Zone. If you have captured a lot of Chansey from that swarm, chances are one of them probably holds it.

kemal07

it's on the main site's itemdex....

http://serebii.net/itemdex/luckyegg.shtml

it increases the EXP gained by a Pokemon holding that item.

Before B/W, the only way to get one is through wild Chansey, and even then, it has only 5% chance to hold Lucky Egg.
It's actually easy to get in HG/SS since there is a Chansey swarm and you can use Trick/Switcheroo/Thief on them since they are outside the Safari Zone. If you have captured a lot of Chansey from that swarm, chances are one of them probably holds it.

You're right Shine, thats a bit ditzy of me...I've been looking at the Pokedex, Anime and Black and White sections that I completely forgot bout the Itemdex lately...My bad.

Thank you very much for the explanation, much appreciated. So from what I've read now I don't really need to go off spending ages looking for one through the method you gave me since Professor Juniper hands one out at Chargestone Cave. Perfect for my Tynamo as he is also found in Chargestone Cave.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Unless they've changed it in this gen, Nidoran (female) and Nidorina cannot breed, only Nidoqueen can.

EDIT to ask: In order to complete the Unova dex, do we have to *catch* all of the Unova pokemon or just see them all (like in DPPt?)

You have it slightly backwards--Nidoran Female can breed, but not Nidorina or Nidoqueen.

Esterk

I've been hearing that if you fill up your storage boxes and have no pokeballs when you fight your version legend, you can rebattle it at the Dragon Spiral Tower.

I wanted to know if this is the only way to have the game send it to the dragon spiral tower. I would like to softreset for a good natured one but don't really want to do it right before fighting N.

What happens if I just don't take any pokeballs when I fight Reshiram/Zekrom?

hever

022611229PM
Esterk said:
I've been hearing that if you fill up your storage boxes and have no pokeballs when you fight your version legend, you can rebattle it at the Dragon Spiral Tower.

I wanted to know if this is the only way to have the game send it to the dragon spiral tower. I would like to softreset for a good natured one but don't really want to do it right before fighting N.

What happens if I just don't take any pokeballs when I fight Reshiram/Zekrom?

Based on what I read, that is the only method of sending them to the DST.
You can read more about it here.

Esterk

That sucks. Is there atleast a way to check the nature in battle? I know in gen IV it wasn't possible. Not sure they change that in gen 5...

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Yeah, that's a good question--what DOES happen if you have nothing to capture with? Does someone just hand you some Ultra Balls and tells you to catch it anyway?

hever

022611229PM
That sucks. Is there atleast a way to check the nature in battle? I know in gen IV it wasn't possible. Not sure they change that in gen 5...
Don't know about that... sorry.
Yeah, that's a good question--what DOES happen if you have nothing to capture with? Does someone just hand you some Ultra Balls and tells you to catch it anyway?
I wish. But I don't think so.

PiNgU

You'll just have to keep checking with the person, or battle a Pokemon with the EV you want a few times, checking the stat after each battle. Since you get a stat point added after 4 EV points gained (Which, depending on the Pokemon could be after every 4 or 2 or 1 battle depending on if you had PokeRus), if you've done a bunch of battles and didn't notice a stat increase, you're probably done.

Sorry if this is some old info.

I have done all of that , who do i speak to once i have EV Trained my pokemon and get my effort ribbon?

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I'm still trying to choose a last member for my team, and I was wondering, is there any type/s that are crucial on an in-game team? As in, without that type the game is a lot harder? I've currently got Water, Normal, Psychic, Flying, Grass, Bug and Rock types covered. Is Dark useful?

Shien

Is there any place in pkmn Black where I can get a Rufflet through an in-game thread?
Sorry Rufflet is in Pokémon White...
I traded to have it in my Black version...

Aurath8

I'm still trying to choose a last member for my team, and I was wondering, is there any type/s that are crucial on an in-game team? As in, without that type the game is a lot harder? I've currently got Water, Normal, Psychic, Flying, Grass, Bug and Rock types covered. Is Dark useful?

You'll need Ground/Fighting/Fire to hit steel types, which currently only water can hit neutrally. Scrafty, Throh, Excadrill, Chandelure or Darmanitan work great in the last slot.

Magcargo96

I love this avvy
Sorry, really noobish question but; when can you transfer your Gen 4 Pokemon to Black/White? Or, more specific: can you transfer your pokemon before you have defeated the E4?

Status
Not open for further replies.