• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool Kat

Desperate need of help

People keep recomending substitute but I dont understand why it is a good move. I really need help.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
People keep recomending substitute but I dont understand why it is a good move. I really need help.
Once made Substitute basicly takes the damage from most attacks until it runs out of HP, where it breaks. If breaks your Pokemon doesn't take any damage in that hit. You also get some immunity to status attacks, and any move that has status attack as a secondary effect.

If targeted by a Multi hit attack or more than one Pokémon targeting you, your Pokémon get will hit on any attack/hit after it breaks, assuming the move does not miss.

It does cost in that you loose 25% of your Max HP to make it. (But if you're smart, you can recover HP and reduce the hit to you.)

Example: Your opponent is running with Solarbeam. Very powerful move grass type move, and you've got Marril. Normally, the Solarbeam would flat out KO Marril. By making a Subsitute before you can hit, like when it's charging, You will survived a direct hit of a Solarbeam, with a water type.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
So on my way out of Striaton city, I keep seeing this wierd thing bubbling in the water. The hell is that thing?

M only guess is that it's the water equiv of a shaking patch of grass...is that right? I've seen it about 3 times now, pretty frustrating as I don't have surf, so can only watch it ;__;

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
I need to evolve my Gurdurr, anyone wanna help me out with this? I'll just trade it to you then you'll trade it back. You'll get Pokédex entries for Gurdurr + it's evo, and if you also need to evolve a Pokémon then we'll both benefit. pm
edit: A nice person helped me, thanks!

Last edited:

MadHatter_93

Hi guys, signed up just to ask this question!

What is your tactic to capture Victini?

I've gone to try and catch him at the first opportunity, with the max amount of great balls (40 odd). I understand that it's going to be very difficult without ultra balls, but I know tonnes of people who have caught it with great balls.

I'm struggling somewhat.

Just had to restart it for the 4th time after running out of great balls.

Each time I had it down to 1hp (it used Endure) and tried various tactics (sleep, paralysis, etc) and I just COULD NOT catch it. Got three rolls 7 times at the first attempt, then 9 at the second attempt , then 14 (from 40!) at the third attempt. Yet no magical capture. So frustrating.

Is there a better tactic? Should I just carry on doing what I'm doing til I get lucky?

Or is it possible to just leave the island and come back another time?

I REALLY want it to use as part of my team though.

PS - what gym do I have to beat before I can get ultra balls? And where can I get timer balls?

EDIT: YES, finally got it. Superstitions got the better of me, and I randomly pressed A+B every time the ball rolled. And it worked. I know these don't make a difference but it's a weird coincidence that the first time I tried it it worked. :lol:

Thanks.

So on my way out of Striaton city, I keep seeing this wierd thing bubbling in the water. The hell is that thing?

M only guess is that it's the water equiv of a shaking patch of grass...is that right? I've seen it about 3 times now, pretty frustrating as I don't have surf, so can only watch it ;__;

Yep, it is. Much easier to see than the grass, especially when your sprinting back/forth and the colours keep on flickering in the grass (meaning I often stop to check if there is a shaking patch).

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

something weird happened 2 of my pokemon fainted in a tripple battle now I have to send 2 in but it doesn't work if I try to send the second it it says: .... can't be switched out :/ how to solve thise because I can't continue this way.. :S

Edit: found out how nvm :p

Last edited:

Grey Wind

Yeah your right. Must be annoying. I've only seen one shaky grass with an Audino, but no water patches

barath

a doubt..

is the elemental ultimate attack teachers in the game [hyrdo cannon/ blast burn/frenzy plant ] those things ??

If so, where???

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo
a doubt..

is the elemental ultimate attack teachers in the game [hyrdo cannon/ blast burn/frenzy plant ] those things ??

If so, where???

They are taught by a man in a house in route 13. Your pokemon must be fully evolved starters and have a certain level of happiness.

Gligarz

New Bark Trainer
Quick question: Does the Pokerus status stay on your pokemon when you trade them over from Generation 4 to Generation 5? I mean the actual Pokerus status condition, not the effects of it.

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
Quick question: Does the Pokerus status stay on your pokemon when you trade them over from Generation 4 to Generation 5? I mean the actual Pokerus status condition, not the effects of it.

The pokerus condition stays.

Pokemon_Champ

PKMN Trainer
If the only way to transfer pokemon from SS to White is through the Poketransfer then that's F'kin rubbish. I gotta wait til Route 15 when i'm half way through the game. Good job. Idiots

Last edited:

Mister_SGG

When are the following locations first available?

When is the earliest that Chargestone Cave, Milstraton Cave, Route 9 and Route 4 available?

I need to get to Chargestone Cave to catch a Tynamo. When is the earliest I can get this?
I need Milstraton for Axew. Can I get this before the 5th or 6th gym?
I need to get to Route 9 for Pawniard. Is this available before the 7th or 8th gym?
Route 4 is required to get Sandile. Is this available before the 3rd gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.