• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad_Apple!!

Ghost Fiend
Which fossil is more recommended? I'm leaning a little more to Tirtouga, but I'm not totally convinced. Could I get an opinion?

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
A few more hours. I wonder why gamestop didnt call me yet

^I believe you can (dont we always?)
-the levels are only set when you want to (unless you mean something else)

^@apple- Choose which one you like more, Im going with the turtle

BW202

Onyx-ceptable!!!
@apple They're both pretty BA XD. I'm not sure which one either, so I'll probably flip a coin. IMO best fossils yet.

Bad_Apple!!

Ghost Fiend
New question! What the heck is up with Archeops' ability? How on earth could it ever be useful?

Aquarelle

Staff member
I dont think it is useful, If it didn't have that ability it probably be too strong.

Yeah, I imagine it's just for balancing. It's meant to benefit the opposing Pokemon I think, to prevent them from getting totally owned by Archeops with its very high speed and attacking stats.

Bad_Apple!!

Ghost Fiend
Huh... I suppose it's base stats ARE pretty wicked... I think I'll go with Tirtouga though. Thanks everyone!

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
archeops has 140 base attack, no wonder it has "defeatist". Funny haxorus doesn't have anything like that

Good thing Haxorus doesn't have it. Its one of the pokemon ima keep in my team
I hope theres still a game in stock tomorrow comes

Does anyone know if you get any ev froms battling Cheren and Bianca in the beginning of the game?

Aquarelle

Staff member
archeops has 140 base attack, no wonder it has "defeatist". Funny haxorus doesn't have anything like that

I guess because Haxorus is slower than Archeops and its Special Attack is only base 60. So Haxorus is only going to murder your Pokemon from one side of the attacking spectrum. :p
Haxorus can have the Rivalry ability though, which can lower its Attack if the foe is the opposite gender.

But yeah, it does seem a bit strange that Haxorus doesn't have as debilitating an ability as Archeops.

ViperQueen said:
Does anyone know if you get any ev froms battling Cheren and Bianca in the beginning of the game?

You get EVs everytime you gain experience, so yes.

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Is anyone buying the new DSi bundle?

I've owned a DSi in the past, but recently upgraded to the DSiXL last fall and just love the thing. However, that new Black&White exclusive bundle being released looks so spiffy that it's making me reconsider the system I will be playing it on.

Anyone else having a similar dilemma?

I'll be getting my Black bundle this Tuesday and absolutely cannot wait for it. Why? I have been enjoying my DSphat since it first launched. This will be the first upgrade regarding the DS family I will have made. I know that the 3DS is launching this month, however, I have no intentions of buying it until either a Pokémon game (such as the third installment) or Phantasy Star game launches for it. I am aware that I may already be upgrading to a 3DS next year, but I have no problems waiting for a price drop, second model, or deal through retailers such as Amazon.

Also, I am able to play my DS at work. Seeing how the DSphat cannot connect to WPA, I need a DSi in order to enjoy random battles while at work. Oh how the work days shall fly ;424;

Also, two questions I had a few pages back that never got answered:

Does anyone know if the DSi B&W bundle carrying case allows you to play the DSi while it is in the case, or is it simply a carrying case?

The Entralink bonuses, are they worthwhile? If so, how many bonuses can you give yourself a day?

luxrayshock

I'll be getting my Black bundle this Tuesday and absolutely cannot wait for it. Why? I have been enjoying my DSphat since it first launched. This will be the first upgrade regarding the DS family I will have made. I know that the 3DS is launching this month, however, I have no intentions of buying it until either a Pokémon game (such as the third installment) or Phantasy Star game launches for it. I am aware that I may already be upgrading to a 3DS next year, but I have no problems waiting for a price drop, second model, or deal through retailers such as Amazon.

Also, I am able to play my DS at work. Seeing how the DSphat cannot connect to WPA, I need a DSi in order to enjoy random battles while at work. Oh how the work days shall fly ;424;

Also, two questions I had a few pages back that never got answered:

Does anyone know if the DSi B&W bundle carrying case allows you to play the DSi while it is in the case, or is it simply a carrying case?

The Entralink bonuses, are they worthwhile? If so, how many bonuses can you give yourself a day?

pretty sure its just a carrying case

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Does anyone know if you are able to pick up a preorder game from a different gamestop when you preordered it somewhere else?

BW202

Onyx-ceptable!!!
It's before.

Status
Not open for further replies.