• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Araleon

Chill
Ah, I just realized I have another question. If you battle someone on WiFi, do his or her Pokemon get registered as "seen" in your Pokedex?

Blazios

Ah, I just realized I have another question. If you battle someone on WiFi, do his or her Pokemon get registered as "seen" in your Pokedex?

I'm afraid not.

Can anybody confirm with proof if the names Hilbert and Hilda are the canon names for the trainers?

We've had picture evidence before now, and I can confirm with no uncertainty that the female is called Hilda, because I've taken on the Battle Subway myself.

Yes, they're the canon names. There is no doubt. They are absolutely, 100%, completely, true.

Tommyb2405

i hope so xD i really need to see a Vullaby or own one through trade and see a Tornadus

then i can finish the pokedex :)

Icing Sugar

Hey guys, I want to breed a shiny ponyta with morning sun or hypnosis as egg moves, which poke should I breed rapidash with?

Blazios

Anyone else having trouble connecting to friends for trades/battles? A friend and I tried to do a trade last night but the connection would stall out once one of us contacts the other.

Yeah, someone on my Friend List wasn't showing up at all last night.

Icing Sugar, use a Smeargle.

jorisw

I have some questions.
Is there an ingame trainer who uses vullaby or mandibuzz? I really need to see one of these for my pokédex.

Second question: Are there any trainers with a ferrothorn to register one in my pokedex?

And my last question: Is it possible to soft reset for the lucky egg that you get at route 13?

Tommyb2405

Second question: Are there any trainers with a ferrothorn to register one in my pokedex?

you could catch the pre evolved form... think found in chargestone cave... thing is you need to get it to lvl 40before it will evolve

Ultimate Glalie

I have some questions.
Is there an ingame trainer who uses vullaby or mandibuzz? I really need to see one of these for my pokédex.

And my last question: Is it possible to soft reset for the lucky egg that you get at route 13?
No trainers use Vullaby or Mandibuzz, unfortunately.

No trainers use Ferrothorn either.

And yes, you can soft reset for a Lucky Egg there.

Chardan

Hi, could somebody help me with this. I want to evolve my Eelektrik for a stat boost for the E4, however, I want Coil, and it only learns it as Lvl 54. Could I evolve it and go to the move relearner when it hits that level later on? Or am I stuck because it is a stone evolution?

jorisw

No trainers use Vullaby or Mandibuzz, unfortunately.

No trainers use Ferrothorn either.

And yes, you can soft reset for a Lucky Egg there.
Thank you for answering my questions.

Squirtlemasterr

What is an "EV"?

Ive been researching pokemon. This will be the irst game ive played since sapphire/ruby so its been a while. I've heard some wildlyy new terms like "Shiny" and "EV." What is an EV stat, and is it necessary that I play to boost these stats in my pokemon?

I may as well ask what is the difference in a shiny pokemon and a normal one besides how it looks?

Tommyb2405

I may as well ask what is the difference in a shiny pokemon and a normal one besides how it looks?

nothing really... its is only the colour of the pokemon and that it produces stars when it comes out of a pokeball...

Ultimate Glalie

Hi, could somebody help me with this. I want to evolve my Eelektrik for a stat boost for the E4, however, I want Coil, and it only learns it as Lvl 54. Could I evolve it and go to the move relearner when it hits that level later on? Or am I stuck because it is a stone evolution?
Nope, you won't be able to do that. You'll have to level it up as a Eelektrik to Lv. 54 in order for it to learn Coil.

Ive been researching pokemon. This will be the irst game ive played since sapphire/ruby so its been a while. I've heard some wildlyy new terms like "Shiny" and "EV." What is an EV stat, and is it necessary that I play to boost these stats in my pokemon?

You can read about EVs here: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

And there is no difference between a Shiny Pokemon and a normal one besides how it looks.

Squirtlemasterr

Thank you Tommyb and Ultimate Glalie. Quite helpul indeed. Can't wait till the 27th!(when i get my DS. Almost called it a gamboy). Shows how old I am lol.

So I guess basically if I want to level up my pokemon's speed, then I battle a pokemon who's speed stat is it's dominant stat? Very cool

Last edited:

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
Which one is better, Galvantula or Eelektross?

Icing Sugar

Which one is better, Galvantula or Eelektross?
That depends on what are you looking for, if you want a slow but powerful physical attacking pokemon with no weaknesses (super effective attacks against it), then choose Eelektross, if you prefer a dual type pokemon, with high sp atk and speed, then choose Galvantula. I had a Galvantula in my team in white and I don't regret it :p

RiseOfZekrom

I'm so stuck on the E4 it's not even funny :| Where should I train?

Samurott level 51
Victini level 48
Unfezant level 41
Gigalith level 37
Also using the level 50 Celebi I relocated to my game.

Ultimate Glalie

I'm so stuck on the E4 it's not even funny :| Where should I train?

Samurott level 51
Victini level 48
Unfezant level 41
Gigalith level 37
Also using the level 50 Celebi I relocated to my game.
The best place to train would probably be Victory Road. There isn't much of a choice, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.