• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSDark

Breeder
how do i get the old lady on route 7 to tell me the story of the legendary pokemon?

Rakurai

Hi, I am new to this forum, but I really need some help. I got White version this past Sunday and started with Oshawott. I got Oshawott because it is supposed to have a decent Special Attack stat and that's what I look for in my water Pokemon. However, the entire game, her Attack stat has been notably higher than her Special Attack stat. At this point she is level 31 and has an Attack and Special Attack of 65 and 59, respectively. Her nature affects Speed and Special Defense, so that isn't it. Is it IVs? I didn't think they could have this much of an impact.

I would really like to know the cause of this, so any input is appreciated, or if anybody is seeing a similar deviation in their Pokemon. Also if anybody has any advice on how to fix it...? I believe her EVs are already maxed out.

It's not too unusual for any Pokemon with a similar base Attack and Special Attack stat to end up with a higher Attack stat if you aren't EV training, as there's far more Pokemon that give out attack EVs then there are ones the give out special attack in Unova.

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
What are some good EV Hotspots in Unova?

Here, JoshYEAh made a list:
Pokémon Black & White EV Training Guide

Special Attack:

* Celestial Tower - Litwick (+1) / Elgyem (+1) (There is a Nurse nearby where these two appear).

Attack:

* Route 1 - Patrat (+1) / Lillipup (+1)

Speed:

* Route 3 - Basculin (+2) (Surf)
* Marvellous Bridge: Swanna (+2)

Defence:

* Victory Road - Durant (+2) (Train near the Doctor)
* Route 6, Pinwheel Forest, Lostlorn Forest - Swadloon (+2)

Special Defence:

* P2 Lab - Frillish (+1) (Surf)

HP:

* Iccirus City - Stunfisk (+2) / Palpitoad (+2).
* Driftveil Drawbrige: Ducklett (+1).
* Also Audino (+2) which is in various patches of grass.
* Also Victini (+3) which respawns indefinitely if you don't catch it.

Last updated: March 10, 2011

You can bookmark this link here for access to a Google Document with this information whenever you want; I'll be updating it if anything better gets discovered than what is already on it. Hope this helps all you spergy EV trainers; I wrote it for me but sharing is caring.

Drop me a Visitor Message if you have anything to add to it. If it's not as profitable and quick as using what's already on it though then don't bother.

elorasheppard

Does anyone know how to stop a pokemon like gurdurr from evolving when you trade it? Pressing B doesn't seem to work anymore. Will an everstone stop it evolving?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
anyone know if conkelduur will flinch by using focus punch with the sheer force ability?

It will still flinch.

1. It has 100% chance to flinch when it is attacked during Focus Punch's "standby phase"
2. It affects Conkeldurr itself, not the foe.

Giovanni

Long lost trainer
im trying to make my conkeldurr bulky with careful nature, any suggestions for a quick moveset? is this for the right thread,hopefully

BlueApplePie

It's not too unusual for any Pokemon with a similar base Attack and Special Attack stat to end up with a higher Attack stat if you aren't EV training, as there's far more Pokemon that give out attack EVs then there are ones the give out special attack in Unova.

That's true. I wish you could get those berries in Unova, the ones that erase EVs you've already gotten, so I could do some EV training now that there are actually Special Attack EV wild Pokemon at this point in the game.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Where's the IV checker guy? (Your Pokémon is above average, etc). I've heard he's in the Battle Subway, but he isn't there. =/ I've beaten the Nimbasa gym, but haven't really progressed after that, if that helps.

Rakurai

Where's the IV checker guy? (Your Pokémon is above average, etc). I've heard he's in the Battle Subway, but he isn't there. =/ I've beaten the Nimbasa gym, but haven't really progressed after that, if that helps.

He appears post-E4.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Is it true that shaking grass and Audino can't be fount until after you get the Trio badge?

Venomrec

Is there a place on here that tells you where to get a specific tm, & prime ev training spots?

Rakurai

Is there a place on here that tells you where to get a specific tm, & prime ev training spots?

TM list

As for the EVs:

HP - Sekka City surfing - Maggyo (2) Victini (3)
Attack - Route 1 - Yoteri (1) and Minezumi (1)
Defense - Yaguruma Forest - Kurumiru (1) Kurumayu (2) Fushide (1) and Hoiiga (2)
Sp.Attack - Tower of Heaven - Hitomoshi (1) and Rigure (1)
Sp.Defense - Ocean within Hodomoe City - Pururiru (1)
Speed - Route 3 surfing - Basurao (2)

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Hey I'm sure this has been asked, forgive me. But when I use the Relocator will Raikou, ENtei, & Suicune stay in Black (like they would w/ Poketransfer) or do they return to Silver after the event plays out? It's a new gen so not every mechanic is the same as prev games.
I ask b/c I am planning to use the Relocator tonight or early tomorrow morn. I want to then trade Celebi to a friend so he can trigger the event too. He doesn't have Black or White yet so if Celebi stays on my Black game I cannot trade it to him, I fear.
PS: feel free to PM me if you know the answer, want to help &/or poke fun at my relocator ignorance. I don't mind teasing from friends. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.