• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

I have a question about dreamworld and butterfree in particular. If he is only attainable in dream world, and has tinted lens as a dreamworld ability, how do you acquire a compound eyes butterfree in Pokemon White? And if breeding is the answer, how do you know if the caterpie will give it.

Pokemon will only inherit the Dream World ability from a female parent at a 50% chance, so if you breed a male Butterfree with a Ditto, you can be assured it'll have Compound Eyes, or you can hatch a Caterpie that has the standard Suction Cups ability instead of the Dream World only Run Away ability (As the latter will become Tinted Lens when it evolves into Butterfree).

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
this might be a solution but if you dont want to train then shrug this off but..... if you have an exp. share and a pokemon whos level is 22-25 you can go to the pokemon leagur ( after you beat N) and fight with your highest level pokemon but dont send out the pickup pokemon and once your done fightning them ( you can even lose alot but it will train it fast if you go back and keep fightning) but at the end it should be level 45-50. hope this helps
But I'm only at Driftveil. I really just want to trade for two certain level pickup pokemon. But besides the GTS and leveling myself, not sure how to find them.

Redstars89

Shiny Ditto Trainer
Pokemon will only inherit the Dream World ability from a female parent at a 50% chance, so if you breed a male Butterfree with a Ditto, you can be assured it'll have Compound Eyes, or you can hatch a Caterpie that has the standard Suction Cups ability instead of the Dream World only Run Away ability (As the latter will become Tinted Lens when it evolves into Butterfree).

Awesome really appreciate it.

jsdodgers

Pass By Mode

Playing the game, I noticed that there are five dots on a trainer's name in pass by mode. Mine has 1 of them gold, but most other people do not have any gold. Does anyone know what these dots mean?

jsdodgers

okay, what's the deal with this tornadus guy? I have a pokemon that has arena trap and I put him to sleep and he can still flee after the first move. I encountered him again and he was still asleep.

I found that tornadus was an easy catch with low health, asleep, and a quick ball.

Rakurai

okay, what's the deal with this tornadus guy? I have a pokemon that has arena trap and I put him to sleep and he can still flee after the first move. I encountered him again and he was still asleep.

It's a Flying type, and therefore unaffected by Arena Trap. Use Mean Look, Spider Web, or Shadow Tag instead.

DarthUr

Gentleman Arthur
my vanillite has the quick claw
and it says "he used it he goes first"
then 90% of the time the opponent goes first anyways

what the crap?

DarthUr

Gentleman Arthur
no, i get that
he does his little berry eating squat thing and it says MrFreeze used the Quick Claw he moves first or whatever it says
then the opponent moves first anyways

nxnja

I caught a ditto in giant chasm...and I think it might be a 31 IV bold nature Ditto? But I am not sure. I used the calculator, and put his stats on the left and put his level on the right then calculated it. It says 31 for defense but theres numbers in atk and sp def too, and his characteristic is "capable of taking hits"

It's level 55 and I havent taken it out of the PC, so there shouldn't be any EV points right... Here is the stats

hp - 120
atk - 63
def - 81
sp atk - 63
sp def - 73
speed - 65

Last edited:

Rakurai

no, i get that
he does his little berry eating squat thing and it says MrFreeze used the Quick Claw he moves first or whatever it says
then the opponent moves first anyways

The Quick Claw increases your Pokemon's speed when it activates, not your move's priority.

Meaning if your opponent is using a move with a higher priority (Common examples being Fake Out and Quick Attack) then yours, it'll still go first.

I caught a ditto in giant chasm...and I think it might be a 31 IV bold nature Ditto? But I am not sure. I used the calculator, and put his stats on the left and put his level on the right then calculated it. It says 31 for defense but theres numbers in atk and sp def too, and his characteristic is "capable of taking hits"

It's level 55 and I havent taken it out of the PC, so there shouldn't be any EV points right... Here is the stats

hp - 120
atk - 63
def - 81
sp atk - 63
sp def - 73
speed - 65

If in doubt, show it to the IV rater at the Battle Subway.

Last edited:

nxnja

If in doubt, show it to the IV rater at the Battle Subway.

Ahhh thanks!

He says most of it's potential lies in its defense stat, and that "It cant be better in that regard. That's how I judged it." All the other ones I checked said "It's fantastic in that regard."

Anyone know of a place where I can find out what everything he says means? still confused :x

Last edited:

DarthUr

Gentleman Arthur
The Quick Claw increases your Pokemon's speed when it activates, not your move's priority.

Meaning if your opponent is using a move with a higher priority (Common examples being Fake Out and Quick Attack) then yours, it'll still go first.

so it's basically useless?
great

R_N

No. There's a 18.75% chance of striking first. It's saved me plenty of times.

Nothing quite like Quick Claw activating on Conkeldurr letting it get in a Hammer Arm before Hydreigon can ever do anything.

Makes all those times where it activated on Payback worthwhile

Status
Not open for further replies.