• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Phoenix Lodge

I think it was a joke, bro...

The Battle Subway's random battles IS the lottery.

On an unrelated note, I've heard rumors that the Everstone-Breeding technique doesn't work anymore.

Confirm/Deny?

I'm pretty sure it still works. Especially since it's confirmed that it now works in conjunction with the masuda method too.

gatesy0093

trade

right since the trade forum has gone walk abouts. is anyone wanting to trade vullaby for a rufflet?

pm me if interested :)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I just caught Kyurem, is an IV spread of 29/28/27/4/16/26 with a timid nature good?

Kind of bummed about the special attack.

if it is Timid, then no, it's not good.
Even if it is Jolly, It is still not good, as there is no physical Ice move it can learn (yes, oddly enough it can't learn Ice Fang or Ice Shard)

right since the trade forum has gone walk abouts. is anyone wanting to trade vullaby for a rufflet?

pm me if interested :)

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=220

pokeballz

Can't stop this man!
A good place to check the IV spread of my Pokemon is with the calculator on the main site, right? I'm familiar with doing all the IV/EV training, I just never understood the core fundamentals of finding out all the data from it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Why is timid not good? What nature would you suggest? I thought it might be good for a choice set (if I were to ever use it).

Actually, what makes it not good was the IVs. That set of IVs is for a physical attacker, which dislike Timid Nature.

Timid is actually a great Nature for Kyurem, if it has high SAtk IV and low Attack IV, not the other way around.

Leala

Old School Trainer
Has anyone ever come across this before?
I received this in a GTS trade and haven't been able to figure out what the heck that pink thing is. It's like a blank pink face. I am sooo confused.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IMG-20110315-00003.jpg

OPTICS

So out of the 649 PKMN, just around how many are attainable without the use of trading, but by only capturing, evolving, and breeding?

need to evolve my boldore plz trade

There is a specific thread for that:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=220

If you don't care about the PKMN, just deposit it on GTS and ask for a Boldore in return. This way not only you, but someone else will get a Gigalth. you can also do a search for or Boldore if someone else is doing the same thing.

Has anyone ever come across this before?
I received this in a GTS trade and haven't been able to figure out what the heck that pink thing is. It's like a blank pink face. I am sooo confused.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That pink sad face means the PKMN has PKRS, just not able to infect anyone else.

Last edited:

Leala

Old School Trainer
That pink sad face means the PKMN has PKRS, just not able to infect anyone else.

Thank you for the quick reply! I thought it might have had something to do with the PKRS but I just really didn't know!

O.J. da Juiceman

Actually, what makes it not good was the IVs. That set of IVs is for a physical attacker, which dislike Timid Nature.

Timid is actually a great Nature for Kyurem, if it has high SAtk IV and low Attack IV, not the other way around.

How about timid with 17/24/20/24/31/18

R_N

why Take Down when it can use Return, more powerful, more accurate, with no recoil :p
My bad, I meant Double Edge
Double Edge does 120 damage at 100% accuracy; Horn Leech's recovery can help counterbalance the recoil

Return caps at 102 damage

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
How about timid with 17/24/20/24/31/18

lower Speed IV but equal Atk & SAtk IVs, huh?
I guess the Nature can make up for the low Speed IV, and since Timid reduce Attack, it also means it will have lower Attack than SAtk (especially if you are EV training it) so I guess it's okay if you don't want to reset again.

But if you ask me, I'll reset again and go for Modest/Timid with at least 27 in both SAtk and Speed, and 20 or lower in Attack.

My bad, I meant Double Edge
Double Edge does 120 damage at 100% accuracy; Horn Leech's recovery can help counterbalance the recoil

Return caps at 102 damage

oh, so you meant Double-Edge? Then yes, it is better than Return in terms of damage.

O.J. da Juiceman

lower Speed IV but equal Atk & SAtk IVs, huh?
I guess the Nature can make up for the low Speed IV, and since Timid reduce Attack, it also means it will have lower Attack than SAtk (especially if you are EV training it) so I guess it's okay if you don't want to reset again.

But if you ask me, I'll reset again and go for Modest/Timid with at least 27 in both SAtk and Speed, and 20 or lower in Attack.

Yeah I reset already haha, thanks for all of your help.

What do you think of timid virizion with: 12/21/14/18/29/25?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
What do you think of timid virizion with: 12/21/14/18/29/25?

eh, I wouldn't even think about Timid on it, looking at its movepool, it is more of a physical-based Pokemon~
Most of its great moves are physical-related. Swords Dance, Aerial Ace, Stone Edge, Leaf Blade, Sacred Sword, X-Scissor, Close Combat, Return....

I'll go with basically the same as Kyurem, except reversed, with Adamant/Jolly and high Attack IV low Special Attack IV.

O.J. da Juiceman

eh, I wouldn't even think about Timid on it, Sacred Sword is physical~
And most of its great moves are physical-related. Swords Dance, Aerial Ace, Stone Edge, Leaf Blade, Sacred Sword....

I'll go with basically the same as Kyurem, except reversed, with Adamant/Jolly and high Attack low Special Attack.

How about for a calm mind set though?

I also have an adamant druddigon with 30 ivs in attack, unfortunately it only had like 2 ivs in hp.

Zalbar

Fabio Minccino
I have couple questions about EV training. I kind of get it, I think, but it's confusing to me still on some points.

First, will the bonuses from Pokérus stack with the bonuses from holding a macho brace or other items that increase EVs earned?

Secondly, if for example I wanted to train poké x into an über-physical attack sweeper, and the aforementioned bonuses (Pokérus and Macho Brace) do stack, is there a way I could I calculate the number of say... +1 point EV pokémon that I need to beat before the stat's EVs become maxed out? o_O?!?

Finally does anyone know of any well written 'how to' style guides on the matter they could point me in the direction?

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
How about for a calm mind set though?

I also have an adamant druddigon with 30 ivs in attack, unfortunately it only had like 2 ivs in hp.

lol you quoted before I finish editing my post. Oh well, not much difference anyway.

Calm Mind set, huh? It is usable, but you'll have to be content with Focus Blast's low accuracy and having to get Hidden Power as well :p
Get the same thing as Kyurem, then. Modest/Timid, low Attack IV high Special Attack IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.