• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehBrawlGuy~

Shien

I was just making a joke; the developers themselves said that 72% line.
Ok, I didn't understand that it was a joke ;) !

I went to union tower and saw that I can only go to few places. How to "complete" countries? With trading with friends... but does it work by trading via GTS or with random matchs?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
So, how exactly does Keen Eye work outside of battle? It lowers the chance of encountering lower level Pokemon to 50%, I know that. But does that mean if I have a Lv100 Fearow in the first slot, it will be like a repel that works 50% of the time? (since there are no Lv100 wild Pokemon). How exactly does it work?

barath

a doubt..

Is it possible to plant and grow berries in pokemon black/white.. i have completed the game.. so far I have not come across any spray can or mulch kind of stuffs

I get berries only by defeating some random pokemon rangers

Is there any other way to get berries?? pls let me know :)

Ultimate Glalie

So, how exactly does Keen Eye work outside of battle? It lowers the chance of encountering lower level Pokemon to 50%, I know that. But does that mean if I have a Lv100 Fearow in the first slot, it will be like a repel that works 50% of the time?
Yup, it does work like that. The chances of encountering any wild Pokemon will be 50% of what they originally were.

a doubt..

Is it possible to plant and grow berries in pokemon black/white.. i have completed the game.. so far I have not come across any spray can or mulch kind of stuffs

You can't plant Berries anywhere in B/W. You can only plant them in the Dream World (and you can get more Berries in the Dream World, too).

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
a doubt..

The only way to grow them is in the DW
------
Can anyone tell me what tiers these are in?

Chandelure Volcarona Typhlosion Gallade Hydreigon Zoroark Kyurem Reuniclus

Ultimate Glalie

mychemro

Dragon Trainer

Seem

Hollen i ven.
thank you, im just confused about kyurem being BL and not Uber

Smogon puts Kyurem in OU. Though I believe it isn't set in stone just yet, am not an expert with how Smogon do things, haha!

It sometimes just depends which site you go by. Kyurem didn't make Uber as I don't think it has the actual defences type wise, being weak to SR also.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Kyurem just has too many vulnerabilities to moves rampant in the Uber metagame. Of course if it gets too powerful for OU it will be moved to Uber later on. Or it could possibly lead to the creation of the OU-Uber Borderline tier, though that will be the extreme case I think.

Soulfly

Trainer
I have a problem so far and help would be appreciated:

I'm at Nimbasa City and I go to Gear Station where there is supposedly a guy that tells you about the IVs of your Pokemon, same as the judge in SS/HG. The thing is I go to the station, talk to every guy there but none tells me anything about my Pokemon, if they are decent, fantastic etc.
I haven't fought the gym leader of Nimbasa city, maybe that is why I can't see the guy?

I need to know what I'm missing as I really want to build up my team and start serious training.

EcruteaksLegend

Legend Seeker
I want to teach my Haxorus Draco Meteor. However when I talk to Drayden(white) he doesn't say anything about teaching a move. The lady at the fan club in Icirrus City says this about my Haxorus: It is super friendly to you? I'm a bith jealous! The lady in Nacrene City says: It's very friendly toward you! It must be happy with you. So I think the happiness is maxed. I have not beaten the E4 and N yet. If anyone can help, it will be apprecitated. Thank you.

Ultimate Glalie

I have a problem so far and help would be appreciated:

I'm at Nimbasa City and I go to Gear Station where there is supposedly a guy that tells you about the IVs of your Pokemon, same as the judge in SS/HG. The thing is I go to the station, talk to every guy there but none tells me anything about my Pokemon, if they are decent, fantastic etc.
I haven't fought the gym leader of Nimbasa city, maybe that is why I can't see the guy?

I need to know what I'm missing as I really want to build up my team and start serious training.
You need to beat the E4 and N/Ghetsis before he will appear.

I want to teach my Haxorus Draco Meteor. However when I talk to Drayden(white) he doesn't say anything about teaching a move. The lady at the fan club in Icirrus City says this about my Haxorus: It is super friendly to you? I'm a bith jealous! The lady in Nacrene City says: It's very friendly toward you! It must be happy with you. So I think the happiness is maxed. I have not beaten the E4 and N yet. If anyone can help, it will be apprecitated. Thank you.
You need to beat the E4 and N/Ghetsis before he will teach your Pokemon Draco Meteor.

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
This is probably really obvious but I just can't see it: Is Entralink local wireless only?

And has it been figured out where the best EV training spots are located?

Soulfly

Trainer
Ah how stupid of me! I forgot I you get to see the judge in HG/SS after beating the E4, so it's similar in Black/White. Thank you.

Ultimate Glalie

This is probably really obvious but I just can't see it: Is Entralink local wireless only?

And has it been figured out where the best EV training spots are located?
Yes, Entralink is only local wireless.

And the best EV training spots are:

HP - Audino - Anywhere with grass
Attack - Patrat/Lillipup - Route 1
Defense - Sewaddle/Venipede - Pinwheel Forest
Special Attack - Litwick - Celestial Tower
Special Defense - Frillish - Route 4, 17, 18, Driftveil City, P2 Laboratory
Speed - Basculin - Route 1, 3, 6, 11, 14, Striaton City, Wellspring Cave, Pinwheel Forest, Dragonspiral Tower, Victory Road, Giant Chasm, Abundant Shrine, Lostlorn Forest

Bla7kCaT

Adaptability: This Pokemon's attacks that receive STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) are increased from 50% to 100%.

alright, so thats what the ability does, so a water pokemon using a water attack would do 200% instead of 150%, pretty neat eh? but what im wondering, is since eevee, and poragon Z can learn it, how would it work? because they normally dont get a same attack type bonus (normal pokemon using normal type attacks dont get a bonus) so would they still do 200%? or would they only do 150%?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Adaptability: This Pokemon's attacks that receive STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) are increased from 50% to 100%.

alright, so thats what the ability does, so a water pokemon using a water attack would do 200% instead of 150%, pretty neat eh? but what im wondering, is since eevee, and poragon Z can learn it, how would it work? because they normally dont get a same attack type bonus (normal pokemon using normal type attacks dont get a bonus) so would they still do 200%? or would they only do 150%?

That's not true; Normal Pokemon get STAB from Normal-type moves just like a Fire-type Pokemon would get STAB from Fire moves. So yes, Normal-types would do 200% with Adaptability if they use a Normal-type move.

Status
Not open for further replies.