• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsonality

~mUsIc RoCkStAr!1!1~
I can't beat Ghetsis and his Hydreigon, but I've beaten most, if not all of the trainers available right now

I've done the daily Sports Team Trainers, and I've been grinding Audino for hours on Route 10, but this is slow as ****, sometimes I'll go 5 minutes without one shaking patch of grass

Where can I go to train, that I'm not aware of yet?

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I can't beat Ghetsis and his Hydreigon, but I've beaten most, if not all of the trainers available right now

I've done the daily Sports Team Trainers, and I've been grinding Audino for hours on Route 10, but this is slow as ****, sometimes I'll go 5 minutes without one shaking patch of grass

I trained my pokemon at victory road and managed to beat him with lv 45 to 48. I hate his dark dragon though. It was the reason I almost lost.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
That's pretty much it. The sports teams give quite a lot of EXP if you equip a Lucky Egg to the Pokemon you're training, so if you haven't been using your Lucky Egg yet, I suggest you start now.

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo
Hey guys,

I'm farming dittos, but I was wondering if there are any tips I can use. Like what's the best pokemon to catch other pokemon with (something with false swipe and other status-inducing ailments)?

Thanks for any help.

Another tip:

Let the Ditto transform into something like a Magikarp. "Transform" copies the catch rate, too. This means that weak Pokemon, such as Magikarp, will force Ditto's catch rate to increase when he transforms into them. This makes Ditto about as easy to catch as a Magikarp.

Mystere

Is there any way to change my trainer name? I'd be willing to hack using Pokesav or cheat codes, as long as I can change it without restarting.

Pokeman1234

What a mess...
Right I have been mashing up Litwicks for at least a few hours, (I've used about 10x the full PP of shadow ball and a few flame burst.) I just checked the EVs and apparently my Chandelure has 255 EVs in Sp.Atk, I didn't think it had THAT many!

So it has 180 Sp.Atk after all these trainings. Is that as high as it will go unless I level it up?

(It is lv.46)

Falconx03

Legendary

I repeatedly battled Pokemon in the Victory Road cave. Durant ante up a lot of EXP when battling them, especially if you equip the Lucky Egg. It won't ante up as much as Audino but still quite a lot. Not to mention that Durant has a 40% chance of showing up while everything else is 20% or less.

So what exactly causes shaking spots to appear? Is it just random?

I am pretty sure they are random. Although I find that fishing/surfing spots appear more frequently than the rustling dust(caves) and the shaking grass. I also find that rustling dust appear more frequently than the shaking grass but still not as much as fishing/surfing spots.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I am pretty sure they are random. Although I find that fishing/surfing spots appear more frequently than the rustling dust(caves) and the shaking grass. I also find that rustling dust appear more frequently than the shaking grass but still not as much as fishing/surfing spots.

So if I wanted them to appear more frequently (or at least relative to normal wild Pokemon), I should just use Repels and walk around until I find one?

finalname09

Na Na Niii
I couldn't connect to the GTS very well. Does that have something to do with the server? My Internet connection? How can I be able to connect there? Do I have to wait?

NY Gamer

NY's Running Trainer
I rebooted my router just now and reset it to factory default. I'm also getting a "Communication Error." in this piece. Nintendo's probably running some maintenance on the server or something...

Dreamcoat

So if I wanted them to appear more frequently (or at least relative to normal wild Pokemon), I should just use Repels and walk around until I find one?
Yes.

I couldn't connect to the GTS very well. Does that have something to do with the server? My Internet connection? How can I be able to connect there? Do I have to wait?
GTS is usually somewhat sucky. Guess that's what happens when 98% of all other things are "down for maintenance".

Vespiformation

Hi i'm having trouble connecting to the GTS on black. I'm using my DSi and my internet is WPA. it worked before but now it wont, after trying to connect it says "Communication error. Please turn off the power."

I'm also trying to connect to the GTS on 4th gen games, to do this i changed my internet to WEP, this is being slow and lots of error are appearing on this too, somtimes it lets me get through to the GTS but other times it wont, and even when it does it won't let me trade.

I tried to use the GTS on black through WEP, i changed my DSi settings to WEP and it won't work, so I changed back to WPA and it still wont work :s

Status
Not open for further replies.