• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarelle

Staff member
When breeding for Dream World abilities, if I breed a male one with a Ditto, will the baby have the DW ability or not?

No. Only female Pokemon have a chance to pass on the Dream World ability.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
When breeding for Dream World abilities, if I breed a male one with a Ditto, will the baby have the DW ability or not?

It will not. Only females can pass down the Dream World ability.
DW Male+Regular Female=No DW Ability
DW Female+Ditto=No DW Ability
DW Female+Same species=DW Ability
DW Female+Same Egg Group Male=DW Ability

SynchronizeTime

Anybody know what exactly should I do now? My Chandelure can't beat the Super Single. Well it can but I'm not sure why is it that the Pokemon there will ALWAYS have some type advantage towards my Chandelure or have moves that will deal Super-Effective to my Chandelure.

I'm considering breeding everything over again, but catching Dittos with perfect IVs for a good stat is a little difficult.

I bought the Magikarp for $500 and guess what, it's Adamant in nature, and it is female, PLUS IT HAS 31 IVs in the Speed. So now what do I do? To get a good Magikarp so I can EV train it. Well I accidentally EV train it when I am Ditto hunting. I think it's only one battle so not much damage have been caused but I still prefer getting a new one.

And the Deino thing is still troubling me. I have no good Pokemon to trade with, unless if I breed my starter, which is pretty worthless if you ask me. I can't get a Dark Pulse Deino. But I read Smogon's OU analysis, I can run a Stall Breaker set.

-U-Turn
-Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Fire Blast

Is that viable? Dark Pulse is for hitting Jellicent and Reuniclus and I already have Chandelure so I can skip it right? I have a female Modest Deino and a 31 IV SpA Ditto.

this has probs been asked before, but there are over 400 pages...so i'll just ask.

Where am I supposed to go after I beat team plasma in there big castle? everyone seems to suddenly be 10 levels above me ( my pokemon are level 50 and other trainers have pokemon at level 60+ )

Aquarelle

Staff member
I bought the Magikarp for $500 and guess what, it's Adamant in nature, and it is female, PLUS IT HAS 31 IVs in the Speed. So now what do I do? To get a good Magikarp so I can EV train it. Well I accidentally EV train it when I am Ditto hunting. I think it's only one battle so not much damage have been caused but I still prefer getting a new one.

You don't need to get a new one. If you only fought against 1 Ditto, then your Magikarp has only gained 1 HP EV (assuming you don't have Pokerus or anything like that). Since 4 EVs = 1 stat point and a Pokemon can have 510 EVs, there are 2 EVs that are wasted. So, you don't need a new Magikarp and you should just keep the good one you have. :D

As for your Chandelure, what other Pokemon are you using on your Subway team? If your other Pokemon can counter Chandelure's weaknesses, then you will have an easier time.

EDIT: Steed of the Man, after you beat Team Plasma at the castle, you can go explore the part of Unova that you haven't been to yet (and that's where you're "supposed" to go to). Yeah, everyone there has high levelled Pokemon, but the trainers aren't that hard to defeat. You can also do many other things, like finding the sages, transferring old Pokemon over from DPPt/HGSS, fighting in the Battle Subway, etc.

Last edited:

SynchronizeTime

this has probs been asked before, but there are over 400 pages...so i'll just ask.

Where am I supposed to go after I beat team plasma in there big castle? everyone seems to suddenly be 10 levels above me ( my pokemon are level 50 and other trainers have pokemon at level 60+ )

Well, go where ever you want to. It's okay, even though they are like level 60+, they are weaker or at most on par(for only SOME, it might be a LITTLE powerful than E4) with the E4. Nothing to worry about. You can try exploring the Giant Chasm and catch the legendary Pokemon Kyurem. Or try the Relic Castle for level 70 Volcarona.

SynchronizeTime

You don't need to get a new one. If you only fought against 1 Ditto, then your Magikarp has only gained 1 HP EV (assuming you don't have Pokerus or anything like that). Since 4 EVs = 1 stat point and a Pokemon can have 510 EVs, there are 2 EVs that are wasted. So, you don't need a new Magikarp and you should just keep the good one you have. :D

As for your Chandelure, what other Pokemon are you using on your Subway team? If your other Pokemon can counter Chandelure's weaknesses, then you will have an easier time.

Well, I have Hydreigon, Darmanitan, Tyranitar, Samurott, Conkeldurr, Reuniclus and Excadrill. All/Most of them not in their right nature, not even properly EV trained. Only my Chandelure has 31 IV in SpA, Quiet in nature and properly EV trained; 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe running a Trick Room set. Problems I encounter are always/usually being KO'ed before I use Trick Room and I am faster than my opponent and I ended up helping my opponent to go first instead of outspeeding it.

And regarding the Magikarp, because I got it so long ago, I don't even remember what did I fight. I remember from level 5, now it's level 12. And thus I think I should only fight a Ditto/or some other Pokemon I encounter. I am really not sure. I was holding a Smoke Ball at that moment and have not yet infected with Pokerus. You think I should keep it?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Well, I have Hydreigon, Darmanitan, Tyranitar, Samurott, Conkeldurr, Reuniclus and Excadrill. All/Most of them not in their right nature, not even properly EV trained. Only my Chandelure has 31 IV in SpA, Quiet in nature and properly EV trained; 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe running a Trick Room set. Problems I encounter are always/usually being KO'ed before I use Trick Room and I am faster than my opponent and I ended up helping my opponent to go first instead of outspeeding it.

Do you know what your Chandelure's Speed IV is? If it's fairly high, then that may explain why you still outspeed some Pokemon. It would be best if its IV was a close to zero as possible.

And since Chandelure keeps getting KOed, have you considered using a more bulkier Pokemon (like maybe Bronzong or Slowbro or something) to set up Trick Room? (though you may have problems switching Chandelure in...I guess you would have to watch your opponent's moves and make sure they don't know anything super effective against Chandelure.)

And regarding the Magikarp, because I got it so long ago, I don't even remember what did I fight. I remember from level 5, now it's level 12. And thus I think I should only fight a Ditto/or some other Pokemon I encounter. I am really not sure. I was holding a Smoke Ball at that moment and have not yet infected with Pokerus. You think I should keep it?

If you really have no idea as to what Magikarp's EVs are, then maybe you should consider breeding for a new one and then EV training it.

QEDi

Breeding another 31 Speed magicarp w/ a decent nature shouldn't take too long if you have it holding a power anklet

Supernova

/Blue Flames
Ok. I haven't been here for AAAGEEEES, but this question's been bothering me for the last few days and I just thought I'd come here to get a concrete answer.

So let me get this straight.

There are NO rematches for regular trainers on this game? None whatsoever? No Vs. Seeker or anything? You battle them once and never again?

Last edited:

Niomi

Dragon Tamer
I have a very silly question to ask, but it never occurred to me up until now. How do you change you clock to daylight saving time?? :s

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I have a very silly question to ask, but it never occurred to me up until now. How do you change you clock to daylight saving time?? :s

you do it in the DS setting

incorporeal05

Hey folks, where's the best area to train level 40-50 in White? In case it's important, I haven't beaten the 8th gym yet. I battle every trainer I come across, as well.

Niomi

Dragon Tamer
Hey folks, where's the best area to train level 40-50 in White? In case it's important, I haven't beaten the 8th gym yet. I battle every trainer I come across, as well.

Got to Route 10, the route where the Victory Road gates are, that small oblong patch of light green grass - look for shaking patches and keep on battling Audino's.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
But where is that?? :S
Depends on the console. But Simply, Boot the DS with no games, and select one of the options.

DS and DSlite: DS icon at the bottom of the screen. Blue Clock&Calender icon, and then the Clock icon with out the "bells."

DSi and DSiLX/LL: (Since you can move icons I can't say where they are) Black wrench Icon labelled Settings. Right one screen, There is a button marked Time. Text will change if English is not the language.

3DS: As I don't have one, Ask someone else. I think Skitty on Wailord may be able to help.

Niomi

Dragon Tamer
Depends on the console. But Simply, Boot the DS with no games, and select one of the options.

DS and DSlite: DS icon at the bottom of the screen. Blue Clock&Calender icon, and then the Clock icon with out the "bells."

DSi and DSiLX/LL: (Since you can move icons I can't say where they are) Black wrench Icon labelled Settings. Right one screen, There is a button marked Time. Text will change if English is not the language.

3DS: As I don't have one, Ask someone else. I think Skitty on Wailord may be able to help.

I have a Lite. But it does not give me the option to put daylight saving on...

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Ok. I haven't been here for AAAGEEEES, but this question's been bothering me for the last few days and I just thought I'd come here to get a concrete answer.

So let me get this straight.

There are NO rematches for regular trainers on this game? None whatsoever? No Vs. Seeker or anything? You battle them once and never again?

Exactly. There are only a few trainers that can actually be re-battled on a daily basis;

The Ferris Wheel trainer

Everybody in the Nimbasa sport domes

The Black City trainers

Cheren in Victory Road

Bianca in Juniper's lab (Saturdays only)

The rotation/triple battle trainers in Opelucid City

The triple battle Ace Trainer on the east end of Marvelous Bridge, though that one doesn't seem to be a daily thing, more like a weekly thing.

And of course the Elite 4. Also, there's the Riches in Undella Town, but you can't battle them once you've beaten Miles. So lose to him on purpose if you wanna keep battling these guys every day.

Oh yeah, and Cynthia in Spring and Summer.

I've had trouble in the past trying to upload any battle video in which I used my Haxorus. It keeps saying "There seems to be a problem with your Pokemon.". Now, this particular Haxorus happens to be the Axew from the Mystery Egg event- I was fortunate enough to get one over the GTS as a level 1 untouched Axew. It all fits- the egg was obtained in the right time frame, the nature's Naive, the Battle Subway IV checker confirms that its Speed can't be better, and it knew Scratch and Dragon Rage. Anyway, I EV trained it and it's a level 100 kick-*** Haxorus. And I can't upload battle videos involving it. I thought at first that my opponents were the problem, since I was battling over random wifi, but then I used it in the Wifi train on the Battle Subway, and I recieved the same message when trying to upload the results. Can anyone tell me, does it do this for every Mystery Egg event Pokemon, every event Pokemon, or is my Haxorus just hacked?

AwesomeZekrom

Co-Owner of pokegyms
I want to give my Samurott a water boosting item he's holding the mystic water right now but will a lustous orb boost him even more?

Status
Not open for further replies.